Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The CEO has no concern for the employees or their families or work life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "Upper management is very out of touch" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Win Together"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company values being transparent and collaboration of internal & external customers alike.
    It is nice to work in environment where your voice is heard and better yet considered in decision making items that contribute to the company vision and purpose

Cons

Benefit package needs a little work, however it's not the worst

Advice to Management

Keep moving toward being the 'modern' insurance business model, by pursuing technologies that meet 21st Century demands and beyond.

Keep investing in your workforce by offering continued education and certification courses that align with where you want to see Esurance.

21 Oct, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate it and agree that Esurance is a great place to work with a collaborative, fun and engaging environment for our associates. We're... More

2. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone has been welcoming and friendly.

Cons

I have yet to experience any.

3. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Claim Advisor in Madison, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Claim Advisor in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have not been here very long but everyone has been great. The training is in depth and helps out a lot, especially if you do not have any knowledge in Insurance. The managers have been very welcoming and if anything is needed, I feel comfortable going to them with any problem. Coworkers have been great and checking in to see if they can help with anything or explaining anything.

Cons

I have no cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep making people feel welcomed!

"There are better opportunities."

Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Sioux Falls, SD (US)
    Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent entry-level opportunity to learn claims process.

Cons

Bad work/life balance, no flexibility, quite a bit of mandatory overtime, little to no vertical career mobility, lack of recognition, lack of mutual trust, high levels of micromanagement, high turnover, quantity over quality attitude.

"Supervisor Client Services"

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Typically pretty flexible with schedule.

Cons

Salary is not in line with skill set and experience, compared to similar companies in the region. Supervisors rarely receive significant pay increases, regardless of seniority or job performance.

Advice to Management

Be attentive to the changing scope of the world around you and your people. The Greater SLC area used to be a lot more affordable than it is now, but with the advent of Silicon Valley companies moving more operations to the area, it has brought scores of people willing to pay much more for the cost of living, which has driven up the prices. Your people need a wage that is in line with the expenses, and as it is, you are not keeping up.

"Started great, ended in disappointment."

Former Employee - Sales in Greenville, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Greenville, SC (US)

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay if you're in the club of favorites. You get routed lay down calls and then get praised for being a great sales person when in reality you're just a cashier who soaks suds with middle management off of the clock that never have to worry about the ever changing sales goals...having to be at the bottom when bidding on a schedule or a further job opportunity.

Cons

If you're not in the club of favorites then you get routed the calls with no opportunity to sell until you get frustrated enough to quit or fired for not hitting your numbers. A lot of politics based on the LGBT culture in the name of diversity.

Advice to Management

Run an insurance company and not a social club. Yeah, the LGBT community has it's struggles in America but keep politics out of the workplace unless you're willing to accept all views. On the clock the goal is to be productive and not make friends. Make the routed calls an even playing field for all employees.

"Claims"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location in Rocklin
    Survey associates several times a year
    But rarely act on the feedback before a new survey comes out

Cons

Absence of trust
    A high level member of HR would stay at an east coast directors home as they share similar athletic hobbies. Total conflict of interest.
    Key in any change management is communication. You not only don’t communicate during these significant changes, you send mixed messages. These mixed messages cause angst and anxiety for the workforce. Perhaps it is intentional to obtain the desired outcome that you wish-attrition!
    Check the box approach to many things. Career pathing is smoke and mirrors. Akin to telling a foot soldier she can be a general some day but she can’t leave her foxhole because of all the bombers coming her way.

Advice to Management

Walk a day in our shoes. We don’t walk in your shoes either, but take a walk down here and let us know if we are all aligned. Take stake in your associates by showing us that you care.

"Mismanaged Business and Clueless Leadership"

Former Employee - Just A Number in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Just A Number in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cuts you a paycheck on time

Cons

Where do I even start...leadership out of the touch and with no vision on how to move the company forward in the facing of changing technologies and shopping behaviors. Legacy systems across all departments...Lacking original ideas in every aspect of the business operations. None of the senior leaders has any charisma or show enough care for employees...only comfortably sit in the boardroom and pretend to be busy and important.

Advice to Management

Please re-take a leadership class and learn how to properly lead.

28 Dec, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. I am sorry to hear about your experience here, this is not what we want for our associates. We have been focusing a lot of effort on... More

9. "Good Company"

I worked at Esurance full-time

Pros

Growing company, new tech and cloud migration

Cons

A lot of politics, interference of All-State management

15 Nov, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Esurance. We wish you the best with your career going forward.

"Senior Managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA (US)

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people at the company

Cons

I would not recommend anyone to join this company. The senior managers lack a moral compass and integrity, they care about their bonus and do not care about the employees. The CEO has no concern for the employees or their families or work life balance.

The Managers have no experience to direct the company, they are numbers driven and will do anything they can to hit their goals/numbers and want the employees to jump on board so they can get their year end bonus.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. They are your number one asset. Without them, without their experience. the company is nothing. Learn how to lead a company in the right direction otherwise you will continue to lose talent to your competitors.

28 Dec, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The environment that you describe is not what we want for any associate. Our leaders are very associate focused and care about our associates. While I agree... More