Envisio Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 14 February, 2019

4.3
Mike Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people, product and customers"

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time

Pros

Envisio is a genuinely enjoyable place to work. The team is supportive, there is lots of transparency and a strong sense of working together to do something meaningful. We have great product-market fit and a strong customer base. All the ingredients for success! That's why I decided to join the team and I'm very glad I did.

Cons

Envisio is going through a growth period so there is a lot of work to do. Not so much a con - more a reality of working in a smaller business with lots of opportunity.

2. "Sales Reviw"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team
    - Great product
    - Great salary + benefits

Cons

Not too many off the top of my head, but of course no place is perfect.

"Thank you all. (SDR who wrote the previous review in December of 2017)."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Envisio Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seeing the work ethic of my teammates. Hey DW, hope you’re still coming in earlier than everyone! Go get it buddy.

Envisio’s brand attracts and retain strong candidates who you can lean on to develop professionally.

Growing pains are going to happen as Envisio now provides performance and management software to nearly 100 local governments in the U.S alone (my former territory). And 50 non governments organizations. Deals are coming in more rapidly and in larger sizes. Many governments are now seeking out assistance from Envisio for consultation on best practices as they hear about their neighbours successes. This means that work can be stressful as you will nearly always be busy but the payoff is extremely rewarding as you get to be part of a thriving Vancouver based company and you’re doing meaningful work by increasing the transparency of government reporting as well as increasing the workflow efficiency of government employees.

You’ll have the opportunity to work with c level executives in the local and state government verticals to solve their challenges and help them achieve consistent communication to their constituents.

Great kitchen snacks.

Cons

None. Attitude is everything. Aim high and thrive.

Advice to Management

Kurt, thank you for giving me the freedom to succeed. Your confidence in me helped me to bring my best every day. Your leadership and determination is incredible. Reporting to you was easily one of the greatest aspects of working at Envisio. Thank you for taking the time to make sure that all the pieces were in place so I could develop. Congrats again on your upcoming wedding. Shark Club soon. Mike, thank you for too many things to mention. Giving me my first shot in SaaS. Ping pong. Raptors talk. It was a pleasure working beside you. It made me comfortable and grateful knowing that my CEO always believed in me. Jim, thank you for your incredible attitude and for bringing so many laughs to work. Cara, thank you for always being there to make sure that the resources and tools I needed to succeed were in place. I'll miss our random conversations. Kevin, we didn’t work together for very long but thank you for your work ethic and for bringing your valuable government experience to Envisio. Best of luck to you Liz.

Grateful to you all for the opportunity. It was the ride of a life time. My initial outreach to clients started out with referencing 40 governments as our customers. Look where we were a year and a half later.. Nearly 100 local governments. 50+ non local governments. Phenomenal. This is the result of a great team, a solid suite of products and tremendous consistent effort.

4. "Growing startup, great culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Richmond, BC
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Richmond, BC

I worked at Envisio Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Owners and management are extremely supportive of staff in their goals both at work and outside of work
    - Great team culture, overall very positive attitude and great communication between co-workers
    - Work-hard play hard mentality
    - Really know their product well and are constantly improving
    - Great training and onboarding process with regular check-ins to ensure individual staff are developing and improving

Cons

- Not many cons while working here, the culture at this place is one of the best I've experienced at a tech start-up

Advice to Management

- Continue to inspire your employees through your goal setting and team building activities

"Former Employee - Anonymous Employee"

I worked at Envisio Solutions full-time

Pros

The people that work there are welcoming and nice. Open office space that is well kept.

Cons

Management is very picky and strongly opinionated, making it difficult to speak your mind. I felt like I was constantly being judged by those in positions of authority.

Advice to Management

Have performance reviews so staff know what they need to achieve in order to meet the standards, be more open minded to others ideas and suggestions.

"High turnover rate"

I worked at Envisio Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent product, amazing development team, friendly people.

Cons

Very high employee turnover rate, concerning leadership issues, customer instability, no work/life balance, benefits aren't great.

7. "Fun Place to work"

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture here, small close-knitted team where CEO is close to the people and everyone is driving towards being at their best

Cons

The office is a bit small for the number of people here

8. "Fun & challenging work with the best co-workers"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Richmond, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Richmond, BC

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, excellent co-workers, innovation is encouraged, and everyone's voice is heard. Our customers are engaging to work with and challenge us to make our product better.

Cons

We've outgrown our space already, but it's a testament to how the company is doing and the growth we're experiencing. If you want to be stationary or static you probably won't enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the company and the staff to achieve all we can.

9. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team dynamics, everyone is encouraged to collaborate and provide feedback
    - Make great connections with clients and other colleagues
    - Encouraged to think "outside-the-box"
    - "not" the micromanaging environment, focused on quality output
    - management focuses on bringing the best out of individuals and celebrate those qualities rather than penalizing your faults

Cons

- fast changing environment (sometimes hard to keep up)
    - must be self disciplined and self motivated otherwise this may not be for you

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing!

10. "Outstanding Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Envisio Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Envisio is a purpose-focused company who places an emphasis on the ole saying "Happy Employees, Happy Customers". Envisio's mission offers an employee a higher sense of contribution to society, which acts as a pillar to support the vibrant and energetic culture.

The Envisio team supports a genuine "one team" attitude that offers ongoing support and inspiration to continuously improve your skill and expedite your career. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment where you have the permission to challenge your colleagues, and they can challenge you to come up with better end results, then Envisio is a great place for you.

Envisio also encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers extended health benefits (includes gym membership), a competitive salary, and potential stock options. The boom of the GovTech and CivicTech markets makes Envisio one of Canada’s hottest tech companies to work for in 2017!

Cons

In my personal opinion, the pros drastically outweigh the cons. The only thing con that comes to mind is the current location of the office.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the company forward with a focus on funding to support further product development and growing the sales & marketing departments.