Edward Jones Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Edward Jones Managing Partner Penny Pennington
Penny Pennington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Door to door prospecting is a necessary evil" (in 141 reviews)

• "The model of "door knocking" is one that they stand by and people just don't answer their doors anymore" (in 182 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The firm is truly focused on putting clients first. Revenue is the result of taking care of clients and their needs. Once the revenue does start coming in, it's Industry leading compensation, with the potential for unlimited income. Flexibility in working hours allows work/life balance. Constant support and resources, and technology that is the best in the industry. The expectations that were placed on me when I was hired almost 10 years ago haven't changed.

Cons

A LOT of work during the first 5-ish years. Be prepared to make personal sacrifices (ie. spending more time on building your business and less with family and friends) early on so that you can live the life most people only dream about. If you're looking for a job where you can just show up and put in the time to earn a pay-cheque, this isn't it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we're doing. Highest client satisfaction in the industry didn't happen by accident.

Edward Jones Response

28 Sep, 2018 – FACD program

Thank you very much for taking the time to write Edward Jones a review. At Edward Jones we appreciate everything our employees do to put the Client first. It is understood that the Financial Advisor... More

2. "Financial advisor"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Feel valued, Respectful, unlimited opportunity for development

Cons

Still have a lot of room to grow

"Truly a Unique Culture and Business Model"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started off as a successful financial advisor in the field. After returning from my maternity leave, I accepted an offer at home office as a Senior Recruiter. The management here truly cares to retain top talent and offers opportunities to develop and accelerate your career. I have experience working at one of the big 5 banks, there is definitely a difference in environment and culture- it's one that nurtures growth and limitless possibilities for your career. Edward Jones respects and nurtures the family first principle for its employees and clients. I feel grateful to have found such a client centric firm!

Cons

Presence in Canada could be bigger so that more employees can enjoy working at one of the best companies in the financial industry!

Advice to Management

The firm has done a phenomenal job at being one of the best financial advisory firms for clients in North America. I look forward to where the firm is headed under Penny Pennington's leadership!

"Why Edward Jones may be right for your career change."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones, in Sherwood Park, AB. and have been here four years. There are a few things that make this the best career decision of my time in the industry. The culture is remarkable. Our region is truly like a family. We have a sole focus of serving our clients, to the best of our ability and the support we have from the Firm is exceptional. We are not distracted or influenced by what everyone else is doing. We grow organically and the path we build is our own. This is how we are able to solely focus on our clients and their needs, first. It's fantastic.

Cons

The only 'con' is that it is hard work and it takes a serious level of dedication, drive and perseverance.

5. "Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great business model, top industry compensation, partnership, full time assistant and trips.

Cons

We need more quality people to know about this great firm and work here!

6. "Financial Advisor"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Complete focus on the client with respect to goals, risk tolerance and clarity around both performance and costs. The long term investment philosophy with a focus on investor education and engagement makes a big difference in client attraction and retention. The company manages well over $1T dollars and it doesn’t happen by acquiring competitors, but an organic growth structure and training infrastucture that attracts intelligent, hard working people.

Cons

The role of a Financial Advisor at any firm is extremely hard work. This is no exception. Even with industry leading training at EJ this career isn’t for everyone. It’s easy to say you want to be a Financial Advisor, but the rubber hits the road when you need to demonstrate value to a potential client, work long hours (especially early on) and develop a resolve to never quite when it gets tough. We need more Canadian’s to investigate just how good we are vs the competition as both a great employer and as a client.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Maintain the strong focus on both leadership development and attracting the best Financial Advisors. Fortune Magazine and JD Power awards year after year are a sign that the efforts to help both our associates and our clients are paying off. Thank you for building and maintaining an organization for clients, not public shareholders.

7. "Phenomenal"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Great leadership team. Amazing culture. Fair compensation. Terrific talent. Flexibility. Lots of available training and development programs.

Cons

Systems can be hard to navigate.

8. "I should have joined earlier!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Brampton, ON
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Brampton, ON

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having the opportunity to build your own business without the "I'm out there on my own" reality. The support from the start is truly amazing. You have all of the corporate branding, research, technology and physical infrastructure supplied by Edward Jones. No cost to me and not a draw on future revenue. I can build a business using my ideas, ideas from anyone else and the proven ideas from a company that has been around for over 90 years.

Cons

Like any other business - it still takes work. I am the one who has to do the work. This is not a Con for those that want to build a business that can make a difference in peoples lives - a Con for those just looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep listening to the people in the filed and who are in front of the clients. Keep improving technology and process - never rest on that front.

9. "A really good platform for Financial Advisors"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Kitchener, ON
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Independence
    Satisfaction of making a difference
    Ongoing training and professional development
    Excellent technology
    Very good support

Cons

I really cant think of any that are unique to the company

10. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom & flexibility to give clients objective advice. Head office support second to none.

Cons

Even with a high level of support, can be stressful during weak markets.