Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Interviews at Edward Jones

1,098 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was the Financial Advisor of the branch. He was very successful and was established with his office serving the community and his world wide book of business for 20 plus years. Just took one in person interview.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Winchester, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Did prerecorded video response to standard “tell me a time” notifies within a week for a phone follow up interview. Was moved on to the FA locally. Had a strong interview and heard nothing for a few weeks. Contacted the recruiter via email and was sent a default denial email in return. Called the FA and was advised the recruiting software was glitched and that he was still interviewing. Waited two weeks and left a voicemail for the recruiter. No response from the recruiter so called the FA again and advised his current BOA I wanted to verify with the FA if the position was filled. Never heard back from the FA. On top of all this my application on the HR website for recruitment was also randomly deleted like my application never existed. Also randomly got another denial email. So I guess I was denied twice without anybody to have the decency to contact me after taking up my time on three different occasions as well as having to reschedule because the FA “forgot” about a scheduled volunteer even and moved my interview. Not sure how you can make a fortune top 500 with such short comings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Lengthy process. Appeared disorganized. Very subjective informal interviews with several people, followed by a simulated financial advisor experience which was super awkward, as you’re pretending to be a financial advisor with zero licenses or training. In my opinion, doing well on this simulation is in NO way indicative of someone’s ability to do the job or the inherent qualities that firms should be looking for in financial advisors, the non-teachable qualities.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult experience you’ve had and how did you navigate that   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2020.

Interview

The hiring process went smooth. I was invited to do a virtual interview. A few days later the hiring manager complimented me on how well I did on the interview. The next step, was to to complete a compliance application. I passed that part, I was on my final interview step and that was to meet with the financial advisor. Well let’s just say he didn’t even want to meet with me. Which led to the HR person telling me that they moved on to the next candidate and that because of their policy they were unable to provide feedback on why he didn’t want to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you correct it   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I met with an FA in the area for an interview. She told me they had to verify who I was and also ask me situational questions. I'd suggest thinking about your previous experiences dealing with clients, partnerships, and people. Read the careers page at the Edward Jones website and try to speak to a couple of advisors. This should prepare you well for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   Answer Question
    • Can you discuss a time where you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve something?   Answer Question
    • Can you discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult person? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the financial services industry?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what Edward Jones does?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat extensive, but the interviewer is basically looking for someone who understands and converses well with new and existing clients. It is a long process, so I am hopeful that it is worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an FA with Edward Jones?   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process was very laid back and felt very conversational. The person who actually interviewed me gave me his card and we still have conversations and dialogue today, even though I did not accept the job that I had originally interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about building your client base?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It has been long but I have appreciated the many financial advisors that have reached out to provide guidance and advice. I am on step 8 of the 10 step process, so I am hopeful that I will receive an offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The process is somewhat lengthy, but gave me the feeling that they really want to make sure it is a great fit on both ends. Begins with a couple of phone interviews, then an interview with an advisor in the region in which you are applying, and a couple of hands on activities.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      How do you intend to build your business?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Easy interview process. Talked straight to the hiring managers and a very straight forward review. Talked for about an hour an a half about questions on how you communicate with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you've worked with a difficult, customer/ coworker.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.