DevFacto Technologies Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2021

Found 32 of over 38 reviews

4.0
DevFacto Technologies CEO Chris Izquierdo (no image)
Chris Izquierdo
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The culture of DevFacto is that of a casual startup with the stability of a corporate.

Mar 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many different projects on the go! The people at DevFacto are collaborative, innovative, and fun to work with. The company is stable and pays really well, so job security is there for sure.

Cons

As a Consultant you may find yourself working on many projects at the same time.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Junior dev

Jan 22, 2021 - Junior Product Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to learn as a graduate

Cons

None come to mind, great experience so far

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that takes good care of it's employees

Dec 15, 2020 - Software Engineer in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Great work culture - Uses new technologies on new projects - Lots of professional experience higher up to learn from

Cons

- You might be asked to work overtime a lot depending on the client - Hard (but definitely possible) to progress your career

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company of real people

Nov 15, 2020 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company really does care for its people. There is no expectation that anyone must be a super-human. The CEO is humble and focused on the important things in life. Lots of friendly and intelligent people. New CEO who is shaking things up.

Cons

The "one for all and all for one" attitude can be a drag on momentum for those seeking greatness. Blind spots are common, either from mistakes or lack of process. Change is frustratingly constant.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee

A good place to start

Sep 24, 2020 - Applications Services Analyst in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing people and company. Ceo is exemplary, and they take care of their employees very well.

Cons

Can be too fast-paced for some people, can be very demanding.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

regular place to work

Sep 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

great vacation days for employees

Cons

low salary provided for the employees

7. 2.0

approach with caution

Mar 22, 2020 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are recently out of college good start for experience for short term.

Cons

If you are a seasoned professional and looking to advance your career - approach with caution. The company has gone through a heavy transition period resulting in many legacy staff members leaving the company which caused a large dip in morale. Internal communications and processes are poor to non-existent. Projects are poorly managed, communicated and estimated from the start. The company prides itself on its values which is never reflected by senior management.

9 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dismaying

Nov 5, 2019 - Sale Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good co-workers some of the time - OK pay - office is central - good benefits

Cons

We promise things we cannot deliver. I feel we all know it yet we do not admit it to each other. Customer is made promises and we cannot cash those cheques if you know what I mean. Marketing is a joke. A bad joke.

5 people found this review helpful

DevFacto Technologies Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the feedback. It is interesting that you bring up marketing as an area that we need to re-do. We feel the same. Over the last 12 years, marketing at DevFacto has been a highly tactical function that organized a couple of events and produced some content. The budget was minimal and the department if you could call it that had one or two employees. To be fair, we didn’t need a bigger marketing budget or team. We focused on providing great customer experience and let our solutions/engagements speak for themselves. Who knew that word of mouth and delivery excellence would allow us to outpace our competitors and win many growth awards. Given our size and level of maturity, we believe that now is the time to invest in marketing. We just hired an experienced director of marketing and will be significantly expanding that department/function at DevFacto in 2020

9. 4.0

Internship

Oct 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good community, lots of smart co workers to learn from and work with.

Cons

Nothing major. I'm thankful for the position I had.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing company, amazing culture

May 7, 2019 - Delivery Executive in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dave and Chris are truly wonderful human beings who care for their staff. I've worked for DevFacto for nearly a decade through thick and thin and they have always put their staff first.

Cons

Consulting is a difficult business and can be very demanding. Due to this it is possible to be overworked.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews