Coconut Software Reviews

60 Comments

Tech

242K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Coconut Software~1821886
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Happy people

Jul 5, 2022 - Senior Solutions Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Coconut are amazing! They truly care about each other, their family and overall well-being. It's not something that's written in a policy or one person in HR trying to enforce. That's the culture and it shows in everything they do. People are happy at Coconut and it shows in every interaction, everything we build.

Cons

As any startup, things are constantly changing. It can be fun - you're constantly learning new things, but it might be frustrating as well at times when you're looking for stability.

2. 5.0

Team ✅ Culture ✅ Product ✅

Jun 16, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

•Fast-moving company where everyone's ideas are heard •Cross-functional alignment and support •People-first culture •4 day work weeks!!!!

Cons

•Financial institutions aren't the most fun or exciting industry to work with •Sales team could benefit from more gender diversity

3. 5.0

Great co-workers, great leadership

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at coconut for just over 3 months and I am thoroughly impressed with how well I have been treated by the company and my colleagues. Coconut has amazing perks and people and a great leadership. My work is valued and there is a strong growth culture here.

Cons

Nothing stands outs. Coconut has been great!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best work community I've ever been part of

Jun 8, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Values driven culture where management sets the example - Open & collaborative atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and contribute (regardless of position or seniority) - Company listens to employee feedback and takes it seriously - Real advancement opportunities and low turnover - Culture of transparency that makes you feel like you know what's going on at all levels of the company - Regular review of compensation to keep up with market - Real flexibility with permanent remote work and a 4 day work week

Cons

- Some growing pains but company is taking the steps to strategically pre-empt challenges and bring in the right people to offer guidance

5. 5.0

Great company, great people

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive team and VPs are fantastic. I love the 4 day work week and the company culture. The people are fantastic, are very open to new ideas and respect your experiences and expertise.

Cons

No cons as of yet

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture, awesome people and an amazing product - this makes my job easy.

Jun 1, 2022 - Enterprise Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

4-day work week Empathetic culture (towards staff and clients) Transparent leadership team (led by a super humble and authentic CEO)

Cons

Still has the deficiencies of a start-up (lack of process, systems, etc.)

7. 5.0

CHEERS!

Mar 21, 2022 - Human Resources People&Culture in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having a four day work week at Coconut has been a great perk. Not only can you use this time to tie up loose ends at work/home, you have the ability to spend more time with family and friends! CHEERS, Coconut's acronym for their values, encapsulates what it's like to work here on a daily basis. Regardless of your job title or what level you are at professionally, every single person values and respects your ideas and encourages you to continuously share them and collaborate with others to elevate your overall work experience. If you want to work for a company that truly cares about your professional and personal development - Coconut is for you.

Cons

Basic start up to scale up pains - this is being actively worked on by the Executive team by hiring more Coconuts to join our the growing company!

8. 5.0

Welcoming, Innovative, Growing!

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Intensely upheld shared values, from the newest team member through to the leadership team. - Support not just from your own department, but from anyone who you ask it from. - Transparency across teams and seniority levels - very clear company OKRs and a system to ensure everyone's working towards their part of making them happen, and being recognized and rewarded for their contributions. - Innovative and open-minded team mates and management, ready for new ideas, tooling, and processes as we grow. - Leadership is focused on and invested in maintaining connections and bonds throughout our growth. - This is all topped off with a management that cares about each person on the team as a well-rounded individual - a great example of this is the formalizing of a 4-day workweek at the beginning of this year so we can all have time for the other facets of life!

Cons

We're growing quickly, so there are likely to be the usual evolutions/iterations (most exciting!) that come with further formalizing processes and systems - for many people this isn't a con, but it isn't for everyone.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growth and Support

Mar 16, 2022 - Product Manager in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coconut has been a place of growth for me over the years. I've always received a lot of support both professionally and personally while I've been here. When it was time for a career change, I was able to move within the company during a time of growth at Coconut and have had many learning opportunities in my current role. When I became a mom for the first time, I felt the Coconut leadership team were supporting me with the space to grow in my new role outside of work. At the end of my leave I was not ready to return and there was no hesitation to approve an extension, Once back at work there has been even more support to navigate the new world of working mom.

Cons

Coconut is always growing, which can cause some pains internally. But this same growth is bringing new opportunities so maybe not entirely a con.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Jan 26, 2022 - Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great to work with.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews

Coconut Software Reviews FAQs

Coconut Software has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 54 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Coconut Software to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Coconut Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Coconut Software. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

96% of Coconut Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coconut Software 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Coconut Software Job Seekers