Coconut Software Reviews

Updated Nov 6, 2019

4.9
Coconut Software CEO and Founder Katherine Regnier
Katherine Regnier
  1. "A Pleasure to Work Here"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A positive, ambitious culture from the top down. - Never dread a day going to work. - Making a big impact in the Financial Services sector, with an growing portfolio of happy customers. - Product Team are consistently innovating new products and features to ensure that Coconut remains a pioneer in the appointment and engagement space.

Cons

- Health and benefits package could be improved.

2. "Best Workplace I've Ever Been A Part Of"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having been here for coming up on 3 years, I can honestly say, this is the best workplace I've ever been a part of. It's been a fantastic journey so far can't wait to see whats coming next. The leadership team is doing an amazing job and they are always available to listen to any ideas or concerns. Everyone here is very friendly and willing to work together.

Cons

I have noticed no cons

3. "An awesome journey to be a part of."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Coconut Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership team, great colleagues, diverse, contagious culture, and a place for constant career development. My experience here has been exceptional! Despite being separated by two offices, the leadership does a phenomenal job to foster strong relationships and an great culture. This is a team that is driven to win and have fun while doing it. What is truly amazing is that the team here knows that they don't have all the answers and invests in mentors and resources to help find them. The most people focused organization I've had the pleasure of working for!

Cons

Typical growing pains of a startup but leadership has their finger on the pulse and actively manages this by investing in solutions and in their people to do so.

Continue reading
  4. "Great culture, focus on constantly learning, and caring/helpful leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Ability to learn through workshops and actually apply it to your work - The culture is great here, everyone truly wants to help each other. There aren't any "groups" as management has instilled some awesome codes to help foster team work and honesty - Leadership truly cares about helping you. Whether it be career development (setting up workshops to develop our skills), or to simply help answer those tough questions, they're all reachable and willing to assist - Catered lunches every Thursday and a social outing each month! Helps reinforce the above as we get to know each other outside of the office - Free gear (laptop and licenses for useful software given your role)

Cons

- Very minor, but, consistency on enforcing things like being late in the morning for all departments Other than that, I honestly can't think of anything else

"Nuts 4 Coconut"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having worked here for a good 6 months, I can safely say that Coconut is the best company I’ve worked for, and I’ve worked for four different companies, in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors. I work in the Toronto office so I don’t get to see our lovely CEO as much as I’d like to. (She's in Saskatoon, although she usually makes monthly trips down that we all look forward to) When we are chatting and when she is here, though, I take something away from every conversation with her because she is not only a BO$$, but she’s also super personable and always willing to LISTEN, and not just HEAR what you’re saying. The Toronto office is an open space where sales, marketing, customer experience, and our project management team resides, along with our CRO. Our CRO is full of insight and even though he’s extremely busy, he makes time and has an open door policy for anyone to approach him with anything, and that’s something I value highly. Every single person who works here is dedicated to their work and it really shows. The passion is off the charts !!! As a queer POC, I feel heard, safe and accepted in a field/environment that I wasn’t sure I could participate in. We’re one big happy family that values open communication and celebrates wins together, while learning from our hurdles/opportunities. Getting past stereotypes in a cis straight male-dominated line of work is a constant battle, but it really isn’t something that crosses my mind at Coconut. The company, when I joined, was not just talking about diversity and inclusivity, but practicing it to foster an environment that represents inclusivity for all.

Cons

Since we're a start-up, things evolve and change, and we have to adapt with those changes on the fly. That just takes a little getting used to, however, it keeps things fresh and keeps you on your toes.

6. "Gem of a Startup"

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

* We really celebrate our wins together, and explore our losses together. It feels like we're really all in this together. * I genuinely like everyone I work with. * Kate is so open and willing to listen and work towards change * I really, truly believe in what we're building and our core values

Cons

* Like many tech startups (in my experience/in the area), a drinking/alcohol culture exists * Technical team lacks diversity (very white, very male) * Chug & Chat (2pm Thursday '20 Questions' with both offices via Skype). Although it's optional it feels very mandatory because the C-Suite/VCs looooove it but it is SO disruptive.

Continue reading
  7. "Great environment for personal development"

4.0
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales

I worked at Coconut Software full-time

Pros

- Fantastic people to work with (CEO is awesome!) - A true work hard, play hard team - Leadership does a great job identifying opportunities to grow and develop - Company is growing rapidly

Cons

- An agile environment where processes are changing fast. Need to be adaptable and enjoy the ups and downs of a startup.

Continue reading
  8. "A Gem in a Small Town"

Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Coconut Software for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to work with fantastic people. - Work place culture is very highly valued - you will have no problem finding your place at Coconut. - All employees (including the CEO!) are exceedingly friendly approachable. - Opinions of employees are very highly valued. If you have something to say, you can feel assured that you will be heard. - High degree of autonomy and trust from upper management. It's great to feel that you are dependable and trustworthy -- to be valued! - Kitchen cupboards and refrigerator are always stocked with snacks and other goodies! Unlimited coffee! - Affordance of being surrounded by competent, knowledgeable individuals. As a software developer, it is vital that I am able to quickly bounce ideas off others' -- and to receive a rapid and adequate response. - Flex hours are amazing -- seriously, this cannot be understated. Especially in a relatively small city like Saskatoon where hours of operation are typically the same from work place to work place and it can be difficult to find the time to attend different appointments. Coconut is very lenient if you have somewhere important that you need to be. - Very casual office environment. - First day on the job they gave me my favourite chocolate bar -- as well as a brand spankin' new MacBook Pro! There are way too many good things to list about this company. If you're an awesome person and you're even considering applying -- just do it! You won't regret it :)

Cons

- Like most software companies, bureaucracy takes a serious toll on internal decision making in the company and detracts from the pleasure of writing code. Again, this is not in any way a reflection of Coconut individually as a company. This is a problem that exists within most, if not all, software companies.

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun and productive atmosphere with an amazing culture. The people who work at Coconut Calendar are all super nice and friendly.

Cons

Missing real coconuts in office

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Coconut Software full-time

Pros

Coconut is an awesome place to work! You are consistently challenged to grow and do your best work here every day and the team is super friendly and easy to work with. There are also many opportunities to socialize with the team and to get to know your coworkers (everything from company wide meetings to pub crawls!)

Cons

Truly none at the moment. Considering that there is a culture of transparency and openness here I feel 100% comfortable sharing any criticism that I may have in future.

Found 16 reviews