Coconut Software Reviews

Former Employee

A Summer Intern's Coconut Experience

Nov 23, 2020 - Product Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coconut Software has helped and enhanced my understanding of how a company should and could run when the two main offices are in different provinces. There is such a strong sense of camaraderie between all of the teammates based on a huge passion for and comprehensive understanding of the product. As an intern, still discovering my strengths and weaknesses inside of the office setting, Coconut allowed me to flourish and develop a number of skills not only in marketing but in other related areas such as content creation, coordinating on large projects in the office setting, search engine optimization, and many other areas which I can now take into my next role as a key differentiator.

Cons

As an intern, at times it felt like I had too many hands in a lot of varied projects across the summer, and that could sometimes be overwhelming when expected to head up one project while being behind on others, but this problem was typically resolved by reaching out to fellow work members to help edit or suggest new ways to tackle the project that I hadn't considered before.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unmatched Culture

Nov 13, 2020 - Enterprise Executive in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coconut Software has done an excellent job creating a culture you wont get anywhere else. It pulls you in and you become part of the extended family. There is a open door policy, so everyone is very approachable. The software itself is the leader in its industry, yet the development is attentive and nimble and are willing to work with the different business units and work on the product. What's really interesting is that all the different business units are not competing internally, so there is no political agenda holding back the organization. Katherine (CEO) has done a great job ensuring that the business runs at full steam without any of the red tape. The structure of executives and responsibilities ensures that Marketing is not fighting with Sales, and Sales isn't chasing Development.

Cons

The organization is still small and there is a long way to go before thinking about where the organization going to be in the future. This is quite normal for an organization of this size, but you have to be prepared to understand that before you join. This market itself is starting to get saturated, there are more vendors in this space than could imagine, and even some of the larger software juggernauts are staring to jump in to this area, Coconut has been doing a great job navigating through this and still shining as a premium solution. They will need to continue to do this, play the perfect chess game, in order to continue with their current growth. These are not really cons to working here, these are challenges that they face and so far have done an amazing job tackling them. The key here is to understand the above.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Went Downhill

Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

-health benefits start on day 1 -daily, weekly, bi-weekly meetings -personal development -can work remotely -weekly provided lunches

Cons

-lack of/poor communication between departments -handled covid poorly as in leadership did not consult managers before laying off employees that were in the middle of working on projects and/or communicating with clients -Certain project managers would not take responsibility when they messed up and would blame employees as well as not fully understand the software -dissolved their QA team -hired employees that were not competent for the role

3 people found this review helpful

Coconut Software Response

HR Administrator

We thank this individual for their candid review - we’ve shared it with the leadership team as an opportunity to reflect and consider our future communications with employees and how we’re building our culture. A few things we’d like to address: (1) We will review our offboarding process with HR to determine additional ways we can make this unpleasant experience less stressful on the individual. (2) We will also review the support we provide to offboarded employees to determine what else we can do to help them find future employment - reference letters, coaching, and/or set up chats with our network etc. (3) The entire Executive team took a paycut at the beginning of the COVID shut down as the first phase of cost cutting, before any individuals were offboarded. (4) The Board does not get paid by Coconut. Coconut prides ourselves on the culture we’re building that embodies our CHEERs: Collaboration, Honesty, Empathy, Elevate, Respect and Share. Even after no longer working at Coconut, this individual is showcasing several of these core values we place so much importance on. Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to do better.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Developer in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coconut is a great company and has an exciting future. It has wonderful leadership that cares about their employees. There are a ton of brilliant, passionate individuals that work here. It's really refreshing to work for a company where everyone shares the same passion to do great work.

Cons

Building a great company is sometimes a hard and bumpy ride. Working with the right people makes it worthwhile.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place to Work!

Oct 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, stock options, cabana days (8 extra paid days off per year), fun workplace culture and social activities, great CEO

Cons

Fast-paced work environment and constant change (typical startup), less team interaction since moving remote after pandemic.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I've ever worked for.

Oct 22, 2020 - Technical Support in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership, care for their employees, great salary, fair, honest and engaging environment. Coconut certainly nailed it all, they are doing everything right.

Cons

None, and I mean absolutely no cons.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to work - visionary, fun and rewarding

Jul 22, 2020 - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- leadership/executive team has a good vision for the future - teams are actively interested in being challenged, trying new things and pivoting - lots of investment in r&d and sales to prepare us for the future

Cons

- typical startup - not enough hours in a day to accomplish everything we want to accomplish

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Workplace I've Ever Been A Part Of

Oct 21, 2019 - Senior Developer in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been here for coming up on 3 years, I can honestly say, this is the best workplace I've ever been a part of. It's been a fantastic journey so far can't wait to see whats coming next. The leadership team is doing an amazing job and they are always available to listen to any ideas or concerns. Everyone here is very friendly and willing to work together.

Cons

I have noticed no cons

9. 5.0

A Pleasure to Work Here

Nov 6, 2019 - Sales in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A positive, ambitious culture from the top down. - Never dread a day going to work. - Making a big impact in the Financial Services sector, with an growing portfolio of happy customers. - Product Team are consistently innovating new products and features to ensure that Coconut remains a pioneer in the appointment and engagement space.

Cons

- Health and benefits package could be improved.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, focus on constantly learning, and caring/helpful leadership

Mar 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to learn through workshops and actually apply it to your work - The culture is great here, everyone truly wants to help each other. There aren't any "groups" as management has instilled some awesome codes to help foster team work and honesty - Leadership truly cares about helping you. Whether it be career development (setting up workshops to develop our skills), or to simply help answer those tough questions, they're all reachable and willing to assist - Catered lunches every Thursday and a social outing each month! Helps reinforce the above as we get to know each other outside of the office - Free gear (laptop and licenses for useful software given your role)

Cons

- Very minor, but, consistency on enforcing things like being late in the morning for all departments Other than that, I honestly can't think of anything else

Be the first to find this review helpful