Coconut Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

Other18%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coconut Software

Coconut Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software

Interview

Had a nice little chat with the hr person. Sent over an assessment. Was contacted after a week. The next stage was with the hiring manager. This was a very slow process which got postponed a few times as well. Finally, met with both HM and HR for a technical and behavioral interview. Both were really nice and understanding. They were looking for a more senior person so it didn't work out.

Interview Questions
  • Assessment questions: -Kubernetes, docker, networking and linux. Panel interview: -Tell me about yourself and experience. -Situation based questions. -Resume based questions.
    Answer Question

Coconut Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Coconut Software in May 2022

Interview

I know someone at Coconut who referred me, I met with HR a few days after applying and then subsequently met with various team members. Most meetings were a relaxed interview style, with a presentation/case study as the last major component. Everyone I met with were friendly and happy to chat and get real about their experience with Coconut. I felt comfortable and excited through out the process. The final interview was with the VP of the department, which was one of my favourite interviews to date. She asked really great questions and seemed to really want to get to know me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem, how did you approach the problem and end up solving it?

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

242.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Coconut Software~1821886
Join the conversation on

Coconut Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in May 2022

Interview

From first contact, to the job offer, Coconut's HR team and interview panel members were extremely organized, transparent, and accommodating. The entire experience was consistently pleasant and comfortable throughout each of the various interview stages. The conversations (with many different members of the organization), were enlightening and felt truly genuine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coconut Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was somewhat slow, Replies averages 1-2 days even though you replied to them just minutes after receiving the email HR will first contact you via email and give you a calendar link to choose your own time for the first phone interview. After that, they will send you a take home technical challenge. There is a time limit of 2.5 hours. Languages that you need to know are: PHP, React and SQL 3rd interview will be a meeting with a developer Last interview will be a meeting with CTO.

Interview Questions
  • - As a full stack dev, are you stronger as backend or frontend? - What are you looking for in a position

Coconut Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software

Interview

The process was in 4 parts. 1. Quick phone call with the recruiter 2. Online coding assessment 3. Video interview with the recruiter and senior developer 4. Video interview with recruiter and CTO The whole process went really smoothly thanks to the awesome recruiter, Lexie! She followed up with me in a timely manner and answered any questions I had regarding the interview process or the company itself. The coding assessment consisted of Javascript, PHP, and SQL.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Went through the tech stack they use and see if I am familiar with them 2. Talked about projects that I worked on in the past 3. Standard interview questions like what my strengths are, how my colleagues or managers describe me, and etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I interviewed at Coconut Software (Saskatoon, SK)

Interview

Proceso iniciado con intercambio de correos electrónicos, seguidamente entrevista personal telefónica. Prueba de capacidades y entrevistas personal presencial. Proceso rápido y eficaz . Contento con su ejecución. Facilidad, sencillez y enfocada a puesto estable

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Ottawa, ON) in Dec 2021

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter and went through the typical first and second stage conversations. I was then asked to present on a case study and given a generous amount of time to prepare. Unfortunately leading into the Holiday season I was asked on short notice (same day) if I could do what turned out to be a panel interview due to staff members being unable to attend the case study date. I unfortunately agreed but wasn't prepared due to the short notice and wasn't offered the opportunity to present my case study. I wasn't able to put my best foot forward on short notice and I felt cheated as a result. CTO liked to quote Enders Game - "It's how we win that matters, not what we win". Advice and value I don't think he follows.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about leadership principles, SaaS Metrics, etc. The usual stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2021

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, video interview with recruiter and a senior developer, technical assessment, interview with director. The recruiter was nice, but she was very new to the company. So was the Sr. Dev. The company culture seems great, but they need to tighten up their interview processes.

Interview Questions
  • The recruiter told me that knowing PHP was a bonus, and then when it came to the technical assessment (using TestDome) it was more than half PHP questions. They told me I didn't do well enough on the assessment, but that was because they weren't clear about the expectations of the technical requirements.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process consists of 4 steps: 1) HR/Recruiter behavioral interview: This portion of the interview was quite positive. The interviewer was quite nice, asked a lot of questions, and willingly answered all of mine. 2) Technical challenge: The technical challenge was a less positive experience. Even though my technical experience was explicitly talked about in our interview and is on my resume, 60% of my challenge was on backend languages. Which I had no experience with and I tried to learn in the week between receiving my test and submitting it(PHP and SQL were the languages I tried to learn). I don't think they were intentionally trying to make me attempt to learn two new languages for the test in less than a week. I think there may have been a little bit of miscommunication between the Developer team and the recruiter, in what sort of experience they were looking for for a Junior Developer role. OR perhaps despite that, they just wanted to test me anyway, regardless of the fact that I wouldn't be able to pass, just to see what would happen. I obviously didn't pass and didn't go past this step, but they were very good with communication and offering chances to discuss my application or offering to keep the connection open for future job opportunities. 3) Technical Interview with Senior Developer 4) Interview with CTO

Interview Questions
  • What values do you look for in a company and work environment? Are you willing to become a Full Stack Developer if hired(all the developers on the team are)? They asked how familiar I am with the tech language stack in their job posting. Why I wanted to work for the company? Why did I decide to start learning code? What expectations did I have(ie. Would I be looking to eventually move to more senior roles in a company) for the job? What's the most important thing to you while working on a team?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Saskatoon, SK)

Interview

Interview was smooth but took them about 3 months to get back to me for a simple 10 mins call interview. I like your process, okay with your decision but should get back to your applicants bit faster.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews