Coconut Software Interview Questions
Updated May 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Coconut Software
Interviews for Top Jobs at Coconut Software
- Devops Engineer (3)
- Marketing (2)
- Customer Success Manager (2)
- Technical Support Specialist (2)
- Junior Software Developer (1)
- Software Engenier (1)
- Software Architect (1)
- Intermediate Developer (1)
- Intermediate Software Developer (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Junior Developer (1)
- Junior Graphic Designer (1)
- Sales (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Solutions Engineer (1)
- Staff Software Engineer (1)
- Senior Developer (1)
- Customer Support Manager (1)
- Engineering Manager (1)
- Developer (1)
- Manager (1)
- Business Development Representative (BDR) (1)
- Jr. Software Developer (1)
- VP of Engineering (1)
- Learning & Development Program Manager (1)
- Immediate Software Developer (1)
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at Coconut Software
Got ghosted after the first round by the interviewer and received for no response even on follow up. Seems rather unprofessional and insensitive, to be honest, in today’s day and age.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2023
The interview was very conversational, and allowed me to ask the questions I needed to ask. The process was simple, and included a pre-interview, 2 subsequent interviews, and eventually an offer if I made it to that stage.
- What kind of attitude would you bring to the role?
- How have you managed a multi-team communication before?
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about interviews at Coconut Software? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coconut Software employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Dec 2022
3 Stage Process 1. Initial Stage w/ HR 2. Meeting with Manager 3. 45min Presentation on why you will be an asset Overall the process was straight forward with typical behavioural and situational type questions ie. Describe your sales process, past quotas etc. Presentation is the most challenging part given it does not follow a typical sales discover based framework; rather, you are talking at the attendees. Overall HR was prompt to answer my questions, professional throughout the process and friendly.
- 1. Why you 2. Background 3. Sales Process
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
I applied online. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2022
Super seamless and transparent process! The recruiters keep you in the loop about all relevant details and really take the time to ensure you are a good fit. Starts off with a recruiter screening, meeting the hiring manager, a case study and then a panel interview.
- Why do you want to work at Coconut?
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Nov 2022
The process was smooth and engaging! I was able to meet with multiple people who were all so friendly and easy to connect with. There was 4 interview rounds (one of which included a case study) which I thought was great to be able to meet multiple Coconut employees/managers/and stakeholders. They also provided me with all the details I needed to know prior to signing a contract and set up another meeting for me to ensure I was comfortable and understood all the answers to my questions which I loved.
- -Tell us about yourself and your journey? -What is important to included on an L&D strategy? -What steps would you take rolling out new training?
Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software (Montreal, QC) in Oct 2022
The interview process took a little bit over 4 weeks, for unrelated reasons... The whole process was very enjoyable! Everyone was very kind and welcoming! The technical part was not overwhelming like other company can be!
- There was a technical test to do at home and a technical interview following it.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Oct 2022
Standard interview process: phone screen with HR, video interview with a manager, technical questions, and finally a second video interview with more of the team. The entire process was quick and everyone was super nice. I had plenty of time to complete the technical questions and they were not difficult.
- Standard interview questions about behaviour and past experiences.
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Coconut Software
First interview was a thirty minute video call with Lexie. Overall a very good experience, it was a standard first interview and she was able to answer any questions I had as well.
- Give a brief run through of your experience.
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Sept 2022
1. Phone call with the recruiter. 2. Video call with the recruiter and VP, where we have discussed their business and my experience. VP was upfront that they don't know how to evaluate Staff level engineers and that they have people in the company that want to be promoted. So they are looking to define a set of requirements for that kind of role. 3. Very silly time sensitive online coding challenge with a few extra questions, which might only be suitable for somebody just finished school, which is absolutely useless and can't possibly help to understand somebody's experience or strength. 4. Phone call with two outspoken devs. 6. Generic email message that they are not interested to continue. Overall people were nice and people seems to enjoy working there. I believe that it should be a nice place to work. But getting hired seems to depend on a luck instead of objective evaluation of a candidate.
- Nothing fancy, just conversations about past experience.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coconut Software in Aug 2022
4 stage process: Call with recruiter, Online technical test, Interview with hiring manager and recruiter, Interview with other members of the team you would be joining. The process took about a month overall and the recruiting team was responsive and accommodating throughout.
- The online test was specific to Coconut's tech stack, and the meetings consisted of situational questions and technical discussions.
Coconut Software Interviews FAQs
Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Coconut Software as 78.6% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Jr. Software Developer and Customer Success Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Staff Software Engineer and Intermediate Developer roles were rated as the easiest.
The hiring process at Coconut Software takes an average of 25.22 days when considering 28 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intermediate Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Immediate Software Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).
Common stages of the interview process at Coconut Software according to 28 Glassdoor interviews include:
Phone Interview: 20.19%
One-on-One Interview: 18.27%
Group Panel Interview: 17.31%
Drugs Test: 10.58%
Background Check: 6.73%
IQ Intelligence Test: 4.81%
Skills Test: 1.92%
Personality Test: 0.96%