Broadsign Reviews

4.5
Broadsign Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Burr Smith
Burr Smith
Pros
Cons
  • "It's a growing company and honestly no cons that I can think of(in 7 reviews)

• " far everything (in 2 reviews)

1. "By far the best company I have worked for !"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get thrown in the action on day one! A lot of great opportunities to work on a lot of different projects

Cons

We could benefit from having more meeting rooms

"Unorganized, little respect and not a great place for a UX role"

1.0
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got to work from home and was paid on time

Cons

This is the worst experience I’ve had working for a company in my 7 years of UX. During the interview process, I was misled about what to expect once hired (in regards to how far along the ux team was and the importance of ux). When I started at the company there was no plan for me, the onboarding was awful. When I was hired there was another ux designer hired a week before me who left after a month. That person was back filled shortly after and the new designer also left a month later. I didn’t have anything to do for my first 2 months. Overall I found the product team doesn’t have clear direction or goals they are working towards (which is why I didn't have anything to do for 2 months). Broadsign is the opposite of a product lead company. All features and work are dictated by clients who sponsor that work. Because of this model, the work has to be done ASAP and as requested which doesn’t leave much room for user research. You aren't enabled to dig deep into the problems but rather take it at face value. My job title may have been ‘UX Designer’ but I didn’t do any ux work, I was essentially told what to put where and just created the designs based on those requirements (they should maybe consider only hiring junior visual designers). There were three people on the UX team but there isn’t a ‘team’ feeling or any collaboration. I also found there was a lack of respect. One example of this: The PO I worked with changed my mockups and sent them to a client without talking to me, I only found out because I was cc’d on the client email. I spoke with the PO and told them all design changes should to go through me (I had time to do them even if needed the same day). That PO did it again 3 days later without a heads up or any explanation. This wasn’t an issue for anyone else, there were no consequences or apology (in fact this was ok’d by head of product). I struggled from day 1 until the last day at this company and left feeling unimportant and just overall not great. I have a lot of experience and do really great work when allowed the opportunity but you aren’t able to do that here and definitely aren’t given an opportunity to grow. I think all the issues I saw came from poor leadership. Leadership that doesn’t trust those ‘below’ them.

May 11, 2020Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We understand that it was a challenging time to join the UX team, as the team was new, and we had just gone through 2 acquisitions at the same time. The task of merging 3 company platforms into 1 is not an easy one, and we understand that this may have presented you with some hard challenges along the way. Ultimately, we are sorry that Broadsign and yourself just did not seem to be a good match in the end.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

i was already beyond exited when i got a employment offer at broadsign and my intuition did not dissapoint, very welcoming to start lots of support from the team and even of colleagues from other departments in general its a very social environment. The recruiter was amazing with me and my onboarding.

Cons

So far only good things to say, I can't complain.

May 6, 2020Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We understand that it was a challenging time to join the UX team, as the team was new, and we had just gone through 2 acquisitions at the same time. The task of merging 3 company platforms into 1 is not an easy one, and we understand that this may have presented you with some hard challenges along the way. Ultimately, we are sorry that Broadsign did not seem to be a good match for you in the end.

4. "Lovely place to work, learn and having fun with everyone"

Current Employee - Accountant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and values People know how to work and having fun.

Cons

I didn't encounter one yet.

Continue reading
  5. "Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great organizational culture combined with a fun and positive atmosphere (lots of company events and activities) - Supportive and result oriented Management - Competitive benefits and perks + great location in downtown Montreal - An amazing group of talented and motivated professionals that enjoy what they do

Cons

No cons at this time

Continue reading

"there are much better places to work"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer decent benefits to their staff

Cons

The employees at Broadsign are just numbers

February 2, 2020Technical Recruiter

Hi there, We're very sorry to hear that you're disappointed in our treatment of employees. One of Broadsign's top priorities as a company is to maintain a corporate culture where employees feel empowered in their work - and have fun doing it too! This is why we have a very active social committee where all employees are encouraged to come up with fun activities for everyone to part take in; summer BBQ's, Sugar Shack day, Health week, Diversity week, Christmas Party, etc. We also take employee engagement very seriously as well. We make it a top priority to take action, as best we can, in areas where employees feel we could be doing better; revising our benefits plan, adding new perks every year, etc. We really do our best to make it so that employees do not feel like "numbers", but rather part of a larger family; our CEO even makes a point of going around and meeting all new hires every time he is in town! In fact, we are proud to say that, for these reasons and many more, we have been selected as one of Montreal's Top Employers for 2020. While we appreciate your feedback, we do hope that you can recognize our efforts in trying to make Broadsign a great place to work!

7. "Great culture that takes care of its employees and team members"

5.0

I have been working at Broadsign full-time

Pros

* Relaxed work environment * Regular events including video game tournaments

Cons

* Acquisition of two companies will take time to integrate

8. "Nice environmemt"

Former Employee - Product Specialist

I worked at Broadsign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technology, colleagues, management. Traveling, company parties were great.

Cons

Wages were not the best in town at the time I worked there.

9. "Overall pretty nice place to work at!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind people, fun environment. Just go to work, do your thing and all should be good.

Cons

Salary could be a bit better.

10. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Broadsign full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is incredibly supportive. Everyone is willing to take the time and answer your questions, and help you out with whatever you may need. The culture at the company is lightning captured in a bottle, and is definitely one of their biggest strengths. The company recently acquired two companies and the integration has been super smooth which is a testament to the teams work ethic and collaborative abilities. Lots of fun company events - BBQs, lunches, 5a7s. The company (executives and all) really look after their employees.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Found 57 reviews