Box Reviews

Found 690 of over 731 reviews

4.4
Box Co-founder and CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie
Pros
  • "Great culture, really good work-life balance(in 51 reviews)

• "Excellent work/life balance (most teams)(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401k match (which has been a pain point for many years, and leadership continues to glaze over this despite massive demand from employees)(in 40 reviews)

• "There is no 401k match and honestly Box can do better with making an initiative to do that(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

I feel old at this company, yet can't seem to leave.

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's all about the people, people, people. Every team I've been on at Box for the past 7 years has been filled with supportive, intelligent, humorous, down-to-earth folks, and I can't stress how big of a positive impact that has made for me in my day-to-day. The work is constantly challenging -- with the support system from my colleagues and manager I'm able to grow and take on harder assignments knowing they'll have my back if I run into roadblocks. I also feel like my manager does a great job advocating for me and creating a safe space for me to voice my concerns if anything comes up. Lastly, the cafeteria fries (pre-covid obviously) is some of the best I've ever had.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature company, Box is still battling through EOL'ing some legacy tools and products. Migrating off of these old systems takes time and we don't always have the resources to do it while continuing to successfully run the business. There certainly have been moments of frustration in asking for these resources and seeing our tech debt only growing - it wasn't until recently that this has changed for the better and we've been able to get some new hires to help us through it.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 24, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and team work

Cons

Could have a lot of workload

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An Organization that Needs to Grow Up

Aug 18, 2021 - Sales, Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and friendly environment. HQ in Redwood City seems to have a good atmosphere

Cons

Organization needs to get more mature. The product line is very narrow. The company should know its target market, SMB, not Enterprise. If you don't work at HQ, depending on which country, it can be a very small office. Because of that, it can be very high-school like. If you don't like drama, please stay away.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company - Navigating Competitive Headwinds

May 4, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Culture, Brand and Technology

Cons

The strategy seems to change frequently

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very welcoming company. Great dynamics and plenty of room for growth with endless possibilities.

Nov 27, 2020 - Senior Billing Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible Hours -Ability to work remotely -Awesome perks (3,000 RSU stocks), full health coverage, ESPP program, phone/gym allowances. If you are in the office, free lunches and endless snacks/drinks. -Friendly people, very welcoming and makes you feel like part of the team -Encourages growth to move up the ladder in your role (or other roles)

Cons

Cant think of any cons, Box is great

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great technology, management and leadership a mess

Jul 24, 2019 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, great technology, competitive salaries.

Cons

Clearly senior management cares only about showing a growth number to the street. Very millennial environment where insides sales staff and IT support are scared to have a phone conversation. Company sales strategy is to throw reps at markets that haven't been hitting their number and just hope to win some deals.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Best Startup for Quantum Technology

Apr 11, 2019 - Lead Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring team, flexibility In terms of location and schedule, working with cutting-edge technology

Cons

Research period is too long

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Beware of the Hype

Nov 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good product CEO and CFO are nice guys

Cons

Poor leadership culture Lack of high quality/mature sales professionals Lack of strategic direction and cross-geo support

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Box

Apr 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture , Great product - visionary leadership , and a great customer base. Passionate about people and being the best. A lot of fun to work there.

Cons

Some growing pains as they transition to a larger publicly traded company , lack of processes and sales support. Understanding of international markets and constraints of participating in them - is a challenge

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best place I've ever worked

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, great leadership team, great vision, great culture

Cons

five words needed for this space

Viewing 1 - 10 of 690 Reviews