Cover image for Basis Technologies

Found 352 of over 374 reviews

4.2
Basis Technologies Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
  • "I never thought I would ever find a place where I could work on cool problems AND have a great work life balance until I came to Centro(in 31 reviews)

• "Centro has a great benefits package(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No overtime if you work long hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is non-existent for ad-ops(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

629.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Basis Technologies~301536
    Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Basis Technologies? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Basis Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
    Ask a Question

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Basis Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent culture!!

Nov. 30, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice! Very collaborative and helpful! Leadership is great in terms of supporting teams and success of people within each org!

Cons

Slow process.we can do better at shipping faster!'

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Caveat Emptor

Jan. 8, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like most places, there are some good intentions to promote a meaningful company culture and earnestly serve customer needs. There are some good groups and individuals that take Basis values personally and make working here pleasant. It varies across groups, but work hours and expectations are generally pretty flexible...maybe too flexible.

Cons

Too much emphasis focused on optics and image. In the end, the culture is somewhat like a high school popularity contest while the Basis Platform is antiquated and sloooooooow to improve. Verifiably, Basis Platform has been marketing itself as this unique omnichannel solution for years, but it's never been effectively able to do that. And it won't be able to for years to come if ever. Employees and clients know that Basis Platform is used mainly for the DSP programmatic channel and not much else. All Digital? One Platform? Not really. This is a reflection of what it's like to work here. They have this "great place to work" award, but as some of you may know, that award doesn't always paint an accurate picture. All that shows is that company has successful been able to get enough people to subjectively check the right boxes on surveys. Perhaps by offering so much flexibility and catering to certain interests, while neglecting more difficult organizational problems. All the drawbacks of working at most companies are here as well. I've seen good people get treated unfairly and undeserving people advance. People will throw you under the bus for personal gain or to hide their mistakes. Frail egos looking for yes-men, sycophants, favoritism, toxic personalities, gas lighting, coasting, etc, it's all here. Self improvement? Often enough, it's play the game and get friendly with the right people and you can do no wrong. Work ethic wins? Maybe sometimes, but not as a general rule. It's not that Basis is particularly bad, it's just that it's not that much better than other places as they claim. There's a lot of emphasis on getting employees to say that they like working here. Meanwhile, the persistent problems related to getting things done for improving the Basis Platform are left unaddressed. You can only get away with that for so long before the business, revenue and employee retention starts to suffer. Basis a great place to work? Overall, not really. It's kind of like Basis Platform. An effective omnichannel solution? No. Not really. It never has been.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. Join the Basis Technologies team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Oct. 11, 2022 - Platform Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life baLance Decent compensation. Positive attitude of management towards employees

Cons

Not enough fast paced None i ca0n remember about

5. 5.0

Amazing company!!

Sep. 22, 2022 - IT Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Basis, its a great company

Cons

None at all. Just great

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for.

Sep. 12, 2022 - Platform Operations Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and culture. A lot of opportunities to grow and learn.

Cons

None that I've encountered so far. The company is definitely working hard on keeping its employees happy.

7. 5.0

Great People and Great Company

Sep. 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers, reasonable hours, above average compensation, growth possibilities.

Cons

Sales and Product receive favorable treatment over other departments.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This organization is a hidden gem.

Sep. 5, 2022 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been great. Basis is actually a great place to work. Everyone is smart and really helpful, I see future growth opportunities here. +1 Flex Fridays!

Cons

None so far. Hope this outlook stays.

9. 5.0

Basis.net - A great place to work

Aug. 9, 2022 - Technical Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company is really focused on employee retention and "boomerangs" (people who leave and come back to the company. Working here will make you feel valued. - The company does not pay lip service to diversity and inclusion, it is integral to everything we do. For example, groups like BasisOUT are run by grassroots LGBTQ+ members who define our own initiatives on a responsive basis, with the support, but not the oversight of HR or management. - The company fully supports hybrid office/remote work. We have an absolutely gorgeous office which I do make use of, but there is no pressure to work from the office, or even from a specific geographical location. This is worth more than gold to me.

Cons

I wasted time working for other companies. I should have applied here sooner.

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for your kind and meaningful review! It means so much to me and the leadership team to read about the value you feel as an employee working here, the dedication you see to our DEI efforts in the space, and the flexibility provided that gives you the autonomy you are looking for. If you do ever have any additional feedback, please know that my door is always open! Hiten (Chief Product Officer)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work at

Mar. 31, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

sometimes a bit slow paced

Basis Technologies Response

I love reading that you have enjoyed working at Basis Technologies for over 8 years! Thank you for your time and tenure with us and for sharing how the pace can fluctuate a bit. If you have any more feedback, I encourage you to reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. Michael (Chief Technology Officer)

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

big org, progressive, cares about employees, strong culture and values,

Cons

big org, gotta shine to get noticed,... is that really a con!?

3 people found this review helpful

Basis

I appreciate your review! We know that we are one of the fastest-growing Ad Tech platforms for a reason – our people. Our strong culture is something we continue to evolve so that we can meet our people where they are. If you would like to share anything else, please email us at tellusmore@basis.net. Shawn Riegsecker (CEO and Founder)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Reviews
    </>Embed

Basis Technologies Reviews FAQs

Basis Technologies has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 374 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Basis Technologies to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Basis Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Basis Technologies. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

89% of Basis Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Basis Technologies 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Basis Technologies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Basis Technologies? Share Your Experiences

Basis Technologies logo

Basis Technologies Careers

Cover image for Basis Technologies

We are good people who do great work and, every day, we aspire to be better people and do better work. We are a culture grounded by...More

• Who We Are
    • What We Offer
    • Supportive Team
    • What We Built

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

7 days ago

Culture
    “Ad tech firm is No. 3 on Ad Age’s 2023 Best Places to Work list among companies with more than 200 employees. Basis is adjusting to changing workforce dynamics by holding in-person onboarding sessions to acclimate new hires to the corporate culture. During the pandemic’s peak, new employees all joined virtually—but that is changing, Barron said. The company expects to keep hiring in the coming year despite the foreboding economic winds that have rattled the ad industry. Basis is looking at expanding its product and engineering teams, Barron said. Basis has partnerships with Ginger for mental health services. It offers access to Headspace for mindfulness and Maven for new parents.” Read more in AdAge (subscription).
    Shared image - https://adage.com/article/best-places-work/best-places-work-2023-basis-technologies/2462781
    adage.com

14 days ago

Culture
    “Discussions on quiet quitting have been circulating around the internet for the past several months. The origins being sourced from TikTok over the summer, the popularized term refers to the philosophy of not quitting a job but instead committing to the minimum workload required.  Now business leaders including those in the advertising world are left to reflect on how much the trend is permeating their individual workforces. If the great resignation of the past year was any indication, it can be expected that the answer is, possibly a lot.” Read more from Basis Technologies’ Noor Naseer in SmartBrief.
    Shared image - How ad agencies can prevent quiet quitting - SmartBrief

NFL Logo
    NFL

3.6

Compare

Glassdoor has 374 Basis Technologies reviews submitted anonymously by Basis Technologies employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Basis Technologies is right for you.