Cover image for Basis Technologies

Found 343 of over 364 reviews

4.3
Basis Technologies Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
  • "I never thought I would ever find a place where I could work on cool problems AND have a great work life balance until I came to Centro(in 31 reviews)

• "Centro has a great benefits package(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No overtime if you work long hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is non-existent for ad-ops(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

455.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Basis Technologies~301536
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Basis Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent culture!!

Nov. 30, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice! Very collaborative and helpful! Leadership is great in terms of supporting teams and success of people within each org!

Cons

Slow process.we can do better at shipping faster!'

2. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Oct. 11, 2022 - Platform Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life baLance Decent compensation. Positive attitude of management towards employees

Cons

Not enough fast paced None i ca0n remember about

3. Join the Basis Technologies team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0

Amazing company!!

Sep. 22, 2022 - IT Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Basis, its a great company

Cons

None at all. Just great

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for.

Sep. 12, 2022 - Platform Operations Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and culture. A lot of opportunities to grow and learn.

Cons

None that I've encountered so far. The company is definitely working hard on keeping its employees happy.

6. 5.0

Great People and Great Company

Sep. 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers, reasonable hours, above average compensation, growth possibilities.

Cons

Sales and Product receive favorable treatment over other departments.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This organization is a hidden gem.

Sep. 5, 2022 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been great. Basis is actually a great place to work. Everyone is smart and really helpful, I see future growth opportunities here. +1 Flex Fridays!

Cons

None so far. Hope this outlook stays.

8. 5.0

Basis.net - A great place to work

Aug. 9, 2022 - Technical Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company is really focused on employee retention and "boomerangs" (people who leave and come back to the company. Working here will make you feel valued. - The company does not pay lip service to diversity and inclusion, it is integral to everything we do. For example, groups like BasisOUT are run by grassroots LGBTQ+ members who define our own initiatives on a responsive basis, with the support, but not the oversight of HR or management. - The company fully supports hybrid office/remote work. We have an absolutely gorgeous office which I do make use of, but there is no pressure to work from the office, or even from a specific geographical location. This is worth more than gold to me.

Cons

I wasted time working for other companies. I should have applied here sooner.

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for your kind and meaningful review! It means so much to me and the leadership team to read about the value you feel as an employee working here, the dedication you see to our DEI efforts in the space, and the flexibility provided that gives you the autonomy you are looking for. If you do ever have any additional feedback, please know that my door is always open! Hiten (Chief Product Officer)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work at

Mar. 31, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

sometimes a bit slow paced

Basis Technologies Response

I love reading that you have enjoyed working at Basis Technologies for over 8 years! Thank you for your time and tenure with us and for sharing how the pace can fluctuate a bit. If you have any more feedback, I encourage you to reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. Michael (Chief Technology Officer)

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

big org, progressive, cares about employees, strong culture and values,

Cons

big org, gotta shine to get noticed,... is that really a con!?

3 people found this review helpful

Basis

I appreciate your review! We know that we are one of the fastest-growing Ad Tech platforms for a reason – our people. Our strong culture is something we continue to evolve so that we can meet our people where they are. If you would like to share anything else, please email us at tellusmore@basis.net. Shawn Riegsecker (CEO and Founder)

11. 4.0

Great!

Oct. 11, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro

Thanks you for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts. We think our people and leadership are pretty great too 😊 You’re so right about ad tech being a crowded space – it’s one of the many reasons we think Basis will change the industry – people are looking for a platform to simplify the way they work! If you’d like to share more, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

Viewing 1 - 10 of 343 Reviews
    </>Embed

Basis Technologies Reviews FAQs

Basis Technologies has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 364 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Basis Technologies to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Basis Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Basis Technologies. This rating has improved by 21% over the last 12 months.

87% of Basis Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Basis Technologies 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Basis Technologies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Basis Technologies? Share Your Experiences

Basis Technologies logo

Basis Technologies Careers

Cover image for Basis Technologies

We are good people who do great work and, every day, we aspire to be better people and do better work. We are a culture grounded by...More

• Who We Are
    • What We Offer
    • Supportive Team
    • What We Built

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

18 days ago

Company News
    "I’ve always admired people who work on the tech side of things. As a human resources professional, product management is far from my wheelhouse—but the task of building a tool that helps people to solve big problems is incredibly impressive to me. Take Basis, for example. Basis is a first-rate DSP, which means that it automates the process of buying digital ad inventory from a variety of sources. Building, maintaining, and constantly improving upon a piece of tech that enables this media buying at scale is its own challenge, but Basis is also a lot more than a DSP: it unites all the parts of the media buying process into one streamlined workflow, leveraging many forms of automation to simplify an incredibly complicated process." Read more on the Basis Technologies blog.
    Shared image - Roundtable: Building Basis - Basis Technologies
    Roundtable: Building Basis - Basis Technologies
    basis.net

29 days ago

Company News
    "But television commercials have found a new home in connected TV. Hypertargeting means even candidates with smaller budgets can afford some CTV commercials. And “in-person retargeting,” or showing up to knock on doors in areas that have been targeted with political TV advertising, is very much a thing, according to Grace Briscoe, the head of political business and SVP of client development at Basis, which has run 850 political ad campaigns so far this year.” Read more in AdExchanger and listen to the podcast episode.
    Shared image - The Big Story: Political Advertising Through The Midterm Elections | AdExchanger
    www.adexchanger.com

NFL Logo
    NFL

4.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 364 Basis Technologies reviews submitted anonymously by Basis Technologies employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Basis Technologies is right for you.