Audible Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.1
Audible Chairman and CEO Donald R. Katz
Donald R. Katz
Pros
  • "Amazing coworkers, free lunch on Fridays, wonderful office to work in(in 77 reviews)

• "benefits, free food, company culture(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior Management has no idea how to effectively run an organization or manage employees(in 17 reviews)

• "oncall, holidays, work life balance sometimes(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great people and great product

Aug 4, 2020 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and team I work on are a huge plus - a combination of thoughtful, energetic, and wanting to make a difference/have an impact. There is a wonderful sense of camaraderie and care that comes up in the small day to day interactions as well as in larger moments. That the company has an aspiration to be more than what it does - there is a missionary aspect that is expected of everyone. There is also an aspiration to be a progressive and inclusive workplace that is not just lip service. While there is work to be done, work is happening.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes during my short tenure - whether that be small organizational ones or larger ones. It can be fatiguing to keep up with the changes and to see the bigger picture. That said, recent leadership changes at the top coupled with the implementation of focused goals for the organization show great promise to addressing the amount of change that has been commonplace for quite awhile. A meeting heavy culture without meeting management rigor, but this is true of many organizations.

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! We’re proud of the passionate, driven professionals who embody our People Principles and we are so glad to know you’re inspired by our mission! We want to make sure that all the great work you contribute every day isn’t interrupted by the exciting growth/changes taking place. Our aim is to innovate for the future on behalf of our customers. Thank you for helping make that happen.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Audible Truly Cares

May 12, 2021 - Senior Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Audible is committed to the People Principles and walks the walk. They have provided so many resources during the last year to help us get through the pandemic and the series of social crises. Everything from more time off, flexible schedules, mental health support and trainings, and even a session with doctors to understand COVID and vaccines.

Cons

Work loads are a lot, even with the flexibility, expectations are for constant producing

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Frasier

May 7, 2021 - Marketing Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's my Hoby job,I hade seen on YouTube and then I was I love it.i like This company .. that's it .. And I need now at the time feel lonely what be do.

Cons

I agree with you..I will take anything,any challenges..Im always ready to grow..

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Something has to change...

Jan 4, 2021 - Technical Lead in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, competitive pay and benefits Somewhat flexible scheduling Co-workers are great Easy to get hired

Cons

- For a company that prides itself on winning awards for Customer Service, their CS department is often overlooked and disregarded when implementing company changes that will affect CS first. - For a company that prides itself on being diverse and inclusive, there have been little to no opportunities for people of color, specifically black employees to advance within the company. While it's easy to get hired, it's easy to get fired if you're not friends with someone or being what they call "visible" to upper management regardless of the quality of your work. Complaints are met with either silence, or probation, and there is no way to hold management accountable. Also, after multiple employees complaining about racism and threats from customers for years, it was only after the death of George Floyd that Audible wanted to address abusive and racist language from customers on a small committee headed by a white woman. While Don Katz said he does not want racist customers, he continually allows them to contact employees even to the point of employees being unjustly reprimanded or fired based on their complaints.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your review. We truly value our Customer Care team and understand that they are often in the position to hear challenging customer complaints first. We take any cases of abusive language addressed to our agents and other allegations of discrimination very seriously. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP so we can investigate your concerns. We’ll continue to listen and live up to our values. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A cut above the rest

Feb 27, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company because I am a firm believer in their People Principles! It's evident that leadership, including managers and supervisors, are committed to ensuring that Audible is a company where all feel welcomed, included and appreciated. I've only been here a short while, but I'm already thrilled to be part of the Audible Family!

Cons

Due to Covid-19 networking is a bit challenging, but the company offers a lot of employee engagement tools via online meetings (Chime) and opportunities to volunteer. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal so that I can hopefully meet in person all these colleagues I've grown to respect and admire.

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! It is important to us that Audible has a welcoming atmosphere for our employees and it’s great to hear that you feel it. We believe that a healthy work/life integration leads to happier people with more fulfilling careers. We agree that check-ins with your manager are vital and invite you to reach out to your manager for further conversation. Thank you for helping make Audible a great place to work.

6. 5.0

Supportive

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth, Learning, supportive senior engineers

Cons

Haven't found any Con yet, will update if any.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! It’s important to us that Audible has a welcoming atmosphere for our employees and it’s great to hear that you feel it. We wouldn’t be able to have a positive culture without people like you. Thanks for helping make Audible a great place to work.

7. 4.0

Good to start

Apr 13, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Perks, opportunity to work on Amazon infra without the work culture

Cons

Office Politics, no clear path for career growth.

HR Director

It’s great to hear you’ve been enjoying the many benefits that come with working at Audible. You’re part of a team of brilliant innovators and it’s only fair to offer some nice perks to help keep your creative juices flowing. We truly appreciate your feedback and we’re committed to improving the experience of working here. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP or manager for further conversation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Audible.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Bring only your "A" game

Jan 17, 2021 - Senior Manager Human Resources in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, amazon stock, flex work schedules, intelligent coworkers at the top of their game. I get to challenge myself every day and see the tangible results of what I do with my team.. The Senior management acts on the results of the employee surveys in a positive and reasonably timely fashion.

Cons

It can be very difficult to bring your "A" game every single day.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at Audible. We’re so glad to know you’re inspired by our mission and your work! We wouldn’t be able to have a positive culture without people like you. Thank you for helping make Audible a great place to work!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My experience as a working student at Audible

Feb 15, 2021 - CRM in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring for the environment as well as their employees (work-life balance, weekly yoga classes, mentoring program) Compensation of attractive salary

Cons

No special career growth opportunities (for me)

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. It’s great to hear you’ve been enjoying the many benefits that come with working us. Thanks for helping make Audible a great place to work.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company

Mar 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Size, culture, regional team spirits

Cons

Move in leadership, lack of visibility long term strategy

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your alumni review. We realize that our rapid growth and the changes to our internal processes can be unsettling. We like consistency too, but when we make a change it’s for the purpose of preparing Audible for the future. Growing pains may accompany these changes, but they’re a necessary and challenging part of innovating on behalf of our customers. We appreciate the feedback on your experience working with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 353 Reviews