Audible Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Audible Interview Questions

Interviews at Audible

3.1

SDE1 Interview

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and had a phone technical 2 weeks later. The interview was an hour long. Asked basic questions about experience and then on to technical portion.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of March 2020 on the Internet. At the end of March, a recruiter sent me an email requesting a phone conversation to discuss further. I replied the same day with my availability time. The recruiter did not reply any of my several emails. Time passed by, I thought that the person was sick and/or company closed. After TWO months, the recruiter replied my last email, apologizing for the delay, and said that he wanted to talk to me this same day in the afternoon. I replied I was going to do an effort to accommodate. The HR recruiter never defined the scope of the conversation that we were going to maintain. I thought that we were going to introduce ourselves, talk about salary, benefits, etc., but after 15 min, the HR person started with technical questions, some of them where multiple choice, some of them not, which was even more difficult to reply to a non-technical person. When 30 min passed, the recruiter stated that he will come back to me. It has been a month. I do not have any feedback as of today. In the interim, I applied in AWS. It was a completely different process and treatment: punctual, professional people on interviews and deadlines when providing feedback to candidates. Amazon purchased Audible in 2008. I infer for this Audible interview that there is a big gap in being AWS employee vs. Audible employee.

Software Dev Interview

Interview

It was okay. nothing too difficult, just mostly CS basics and a few hackerrank challenges. Prepare a little bit and it shouldn't be too difficult. Nothing else to say just trying to get to the 30 word count minimum.

Workday Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process is exhaustive, there were 7 rounds of Interviews
    1. Normal Job Profile discussion where recruiter discuss about the job role
    2. Technical Interview : Moderately Difficult, you are asked core technical questions which you would us on a daily basis
    After clearing the intial technical interview i was called onsite for a full day interview
    I spoke to 5 different people.
    Since workday is a niche technology they did not have many people to ask correct questions hence couple of those interviews were quiet awkward.

I thought my interview went well, however dint receive an offer so dont know what happened.

Their Technical team is really good with lot of good experience there, I was impressed by their knowledge.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Audible (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in total.
    Round 1: Online coding challenge through Hackerrank. It consisted of 3 questions to solve in 1 hour.
    Round 2: Phone Interview with one of the engineers at Audible. Consisted of 2 coding questions and some behavioural questions. Lasted for about 40 minutes.
    Round 3: Phone Interview with one of the engineers in the team that I was interested to work with. Consisted of 2 coding questions and some behavioural questions. Lasted for about 45 minutes.
    Round 4: Phone Interview with the Hiring Manager of the team. Lasted for about 30 minutes.
    The entire process was very smooth. It was extremely well planned and organized.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were of Medium level from LeetCode.   Answer Question

SDEII Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Interview process consisted of a 60 minute technical phone interview. This was followed by a virtual onsite which was 4 - 60 minute rounds. Each round had a mix of behavioral questions along with coding or system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Easy/medium data structure and algorithm type coding questions. System design whiteboard exercise. The recruiter prepared me on what to expect before the (virtual) onsite which was super helpful.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

One 15 mins screening call with HR, Two phone screening rounds (30 mins each), One video interview (45 minutes) which usually would be on-site (because of COVID-19 I guess the interviews went online). My interviewers were very candid and friendly. The HR team was fantastic and very communicative throughout the process. Overall the experience was amazing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Resume based 2. Technical questions related to machine learning, previous projects and work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

Audible's interview process was easily the most organized I've ever been involved with. The internal recruiter was clear about how each step of the process would work, and each of those things came to fruition. There was a recruiter phone screening, 1 one-hour phone interviews, and an on-site interview panel of 5 interviews over 6 hours and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Amazon-style "STAR" questions were asked in each interview, along with two whiteboard application design sections.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

HR phone screen, phone interview, in-office interviews...each in-office was very detailed, rigorous and conducted by very smart individuals. You have to be prepared, especially with anecdotes/stories for the various "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data to help define strategy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

talked with recruiter -> phone interview -> onsite.
    recruiter is super nice, she know it was my first time to New York, and she recommended a lot of good places to go and eat.

onsite I had 2 coding questions, 1 medium and 1 hard, both of them are from Leetcode. And then 1 system design. The interviewer is very unrespectful, he kept looking out the window and talked to his coworkers through the window while I was talking. And then he stopped the interview while there were still 10 minutes left. Bad experience for this part.

Other than system design part, all other interviewers and hr are super friendly and helpful.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.