Addella Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 5 February, 2019

3.6
Luc Hebert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work" (in 7 reviews)

• "They teach you sales to an extremely high level (door to door, mainly)" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "LONG hours once you really get into it" (in 15 reviews)

• "12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch" (in 8 reviews)

"If You want to learn something, you have to work for it"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella (More than a year)

Pros

Some pros of working for Addella are working with awesome and enthusiastic individuals that relish in the success of others more than themselves.

I have always felt that the best way to learn is through hands on coaching and boy is this the environment for it. The hands on coaching in developing communication skills, presentation skills, & overall professionalism is exemplary.

A management team that genuinely cares about the team as a whole.

A great place to forge your skills and craft!

Cons

There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox. Working at Addella like anywhere else has it's challenged but the difference in working for Addella is that the hard work is worth it in the end with the skills and experience you obtain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! More team events!

"Great environment, Awesome Team"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

I’ve worked at Addella for a couple months now. During my time here I have made some of the best friendships you can ever imagine. I view the company as a second family and I appreciate the investment that my mentors, and management have put into my development. The team receives nothing from helping, but does it out of their want to help you improve in your professional goals. For those who have spoken negatively about the company online, this job isn’t for people that cant work hard or get constructive criticism, or they just didnt work at the company in general. If you’re reading this, obviously you have some form of interest in the company, so go check it out for yourself, there are a ton of internet trolls that will say anything behind a computer screen, and I know I would of missed out on some of the fastest advancement in my life if I didn’t have the opportunity to work with the team.

Cons

It is hard work, there is no lie to it. I had a hard time checking my ego when it came to sales and getting rejected. It is not a good fit for everyone thats for sure, but neither is IT or adminstration for another person.

Advice to Management

You do a great job of providing direction and coaching. Keep being funny and making the office a great place to work.

"It's a SCAM folks. A DS-Max tentacle, worldwide scam. You Tube 'The Slave Circle'"

Former Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, you will earn more working at McDonalds, AND at least you get a company RRSP...

Cons

It all starts with a phone call about an 'interview'. You may not even remember applying to the place. They cull phone numbers from job boards like monster, indeed etc. Take your number off these places. The girl offering the interview may butter you up. Questions about what they do, sell, the salary, who their clients are, get vague answers or you are directed that all will be revealed at the interview.

Where do I start? Its a barely legal MLM/Pyramid scheme. Watch for brainwashing words used like J.U.I.C.E. JUICE, 'Ring the bell', 'Negged out'. This scam has been going on for DECADES, their cover is blown by the beauty of the internet, the THOUSANDS of global subsidiaries change their names, scatter like roaches and reform another colony with a different name. You will see these worker bees selling (cheap chinese junk) their butts off in Costco roadshows, Superstore clubstore car parks selling spray wax, etc. Ignore them - it's the top brass you want to hurt, not the little guy. Complain to the store or email, tweet at them that you will not be shopping there again unless they get rid of their DS-Max vendor roadshows.

Advice to Management

Managers, you know what you are doing is evil. Quit, show some honour and work for a real company, being a Manager at McDonalds has 100% more honour than this. As for the National Consultants and Executives? I don't know how you can sleep at night. You have no honour or integrity.

27 Feb, 2019 – Recruiter

First off, it is extremely clear that you have not worked with us, let alone go through a full interview process. During the very first interview compensation is discussed in a very detailed manor... More

"Great opportunity"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

- Learnt a lot of skills not only around sales, but leadership and time management.
    - Great environment with ambitious people

Cons

- office space is pretty tight

Advice to Management

- keep it up!

5 Feb, 2019 – Recruiter

Hi there,

We’re happy you were able to gather some strong skill sets when working with us. Thank you for the feedback, and you’d be happy to know we moved into a much bigger office space, so we... More

"Sales Representitve - Great Job for New Grads"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

Working with a fun team

Cons

A lot of travel and hours

Advice to Management

Don't make people come into office before hitting territory

"Learn and Earn"

Pros

The company has thought me lots of self management, communication and leadership abilities.

Cons

Just work hard, that’s it

Advice to Management

Be open minded and learn

"You're going to get than you ever imagined from this place"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

There is a lot to be said about Addella, from the management, to the entry level reps, all the way to the Recruitment and Human Resources team you'll find yourself surrounded by supportive and impressive people dedicated to helping you carve the path of your future.

Not only do you gain sales experience, which is one of the highest valued experiences you can earn at a young age, you'll also learn to master your mindset, become more disciplined with your personal life, and create friendships which will last a lifetime.

I've been working at Addella for more than two years now, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the experience.

Now, of course, self-development, accountability and learning to be consistent in sales ISN'T for everyone, so for those of you reading the different reviews, keep in mind that those who didn't have something kind to say, probably could not handle the development, accountability or consistency factor.

Be your own judge of the experience, because I'm glad I did so as well!

Cons

Working with so many different personalities can be overwhelming at times, however, it is something you'll have to learn if you ever intend on working in an industry where helping people is the foundation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Such amazing mentors to be surrounded by!

"Sales"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and growth opportunity

Cons

Long hours, Low compensation

27 Feb, 2019 – Recruiter

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. We love our atmosphere here too, and we are glad you enjoyed the team while you were here. As for the hours, we did receive that feedback from previous members of... More

"It was fun but not a real job."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were cool but I felt bad because they were totally brain washed.

Cons

12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch. 100% commission and they use word play to make it seem like it's lucrative however the reality is u only get a small portion of what u get people to buy and residuals are only for 5 weeks after you sign a new customer up. This makes it impossible to gain any real pipeline as your constantly loosing customers and chasing new ones. They don't take off any taxes or CPP or EI or any benefits so when tax year ends u find out you really made less than what u thought. They make u go to events and team nights and you have to pay your own way and if u don't go to these weekly events u get fired. The sad thing is, is that there are truly talented people here that unfortunately got brain washed along the way into thinking one day they'll get their own office where I've seen people working here for years and are still in the same spot they were when they started so this talk about unlimited growth is also part of their scam. The owner didn't treat me well and made me feel like he didn't want me there. I found out that I want the only one who felt this way as others would say the same thing.I
    he only had 3 or 4 of his favorites that he would treat differently. They make employees write positive reviews about the company all over the internet so people think this place is actually a good place to work. The part that blew me away the most was how they made it seem as if any other job, position, or career path is a complete waste of time and if ur not part of the scam and working at addella ur eating your time. Well I found myself a sales job that I actually like, that is in an office, regular hours, I get a lunch and breaks,that pays salary and commission, residuals are forever as long as you're working here, which is the true definition of unlimited growth. I started at 40k I'm up to 60k I'll be making 100k a yr in 2 years, I also have weekends off, vacation time and benefits.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the people your interview and hire.

"Amazing culture, training and growth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.