Addella Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Luc Hebert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work" (in 7 reviews)

• "They teach you sales to an extremely high level (door to door, mainly)" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "LONG hours once you really get into it" (in 15 reviews)

• "12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great opportunity"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

- Learnt a lot of skills not only around sales, but leadership and time management.
    - Great environment with ambitious people

Cons

- office space is pretty tight

Advice to Management

- keep it up!

2. "Sales Representitve - Great Job for New Grads"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

Working with a fun team

Cons

A lot of travel and hours

Advice to Management

Don't make people come into office before hitting territory

3. "Learn and Earn"

Pros

The company has thought me lots of self management, communication and leadership abilities.

Cons

Just work hard, that’s it

Advice to Management

Be open minded and learn

4. "You're going to get than you ever imagined from this place"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

There is a lot to be said about Addella, from the management, to the entry level reps, all the way to the Recruitment and Human Resources team you'll find yourself surrounded by supportive and impressive people dedicated to helping you carve the path of your future.

Not only do you gain sales experience, which is one of the highest valued experiences you can earn at a young age, you'll also learn to master your mindset, become more disciplined with your personal life, and create friendships which will last a lifetime.

I've been working at Addella for more than two years now, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the experience.

Now, of course, self-development, accountability and learning to be consistent in sales ISN'T for everyone, so for those of you reading the different reviews, keep in mind that those who didn't have something kind to say, probably could not handle the development, accountability or consistency factor.

Be your own judge of the experience, because I'm glad I did so as well!

Cons

Working with so many different personalities can be overwhelming at times, however, it is something you'll have to learn if you ever intend on working in an industry where helping people is the foundation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Such amazing mentors to be surrounded by!

5. "Sales"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and growth opportunity

Cons

Long hours, Low compensation

6. "Amazing culture, training and growth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.

"It was fun but not a real job."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were cool but I felt bad because they were totally brain washed.

Cons

12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch. 100% commission and they use word play to make it seem like it's lucrative however the reality is u only get a small portion of what u get people to buy and residuals are only for 5 weeks after you sign a new customer up. This makes it impossible to gain any real pipeline as your constantly loosing customers and chasing new ones. They don't take off any taxes or CPP or EI or any benefits so when tax year ends u find out you really made less than what u thought. They make u go to events and team nights and you have to pay your own way and if u don't go to these weekly events u get fired. The sad thing is, is that there are truly talented people here that unfortunately got brain washed along the way into thinking one day they'll get their own office where I've seen people working here for years and are still in the same spot they were when they started so this talk about unlimited growth is also part of their scam. The owner didn't treat me well and made me feel like he didn't want me there. I found out that I want the only one who felt this way as others would say the same thing.I
    he only had 3 or 4 of his favorites that he would treat differently. They make employees write positive reviews about the company all over the internet so people think this place is actually a good place to work. The part that blew me away the most was how they made it seem as if any other job, position, or career path is a complete waste of time and if ur not part of the scam and working at addella ur eating your time. Well I found myself a sales job that I actually like, that is in an office, regular hours, I get a lunch and breaks,that pays salary and commission, residuals are forever as long as you're working here, which is the true definition of unlimited growth. I started at 40k I'm up to 60k I'll be making 100k a yr in 2 years, I also have weekends off, vacation time and benefits.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the people your interview and hire.

"Door to door"

Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none this place is a joke

Cons

I feel bad because the only people who stick around this company are the ones who are to oblivious to realize that there is so much more out there. This company make you work 12-13 hour days just commission. Your expected to work weekends and from 12pm-11pm every day not to mention the one on ones hey make you do on your own time and the weekly teamnights at 11pm your forced to go to and shunned if you don't. The sales people here look at the owner like he's god but he has no education and brain washes all these young naïve kids and traps them. No benefits and very cheap with everything. Do not waste your time, the management is also very rude and most of all.... flat out disrespectful

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed of what your doing

"Quick & Honest Review"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

One of the most awesome environments to work in which is a direct reflection of how good a culture the management team has worked to build. There is a tremendous amount of transparency with the people that work here starting with the CEO down to the leadership team. Working here really helped me develop my leadership skills/business acumen that will translate anywhere along with drastically improving my social awareness.

Cons

You really get out what you put in meaning some people fail because they are too proud to ask for help or don't want to put the work in. The job is sometimes hard but that boils down to work ethic, not the team at Addella. Unfortunately, this role wasn't for me and everyone but I can honestly say that it helped me tremendously with my new role.

Advice to Management

Occasionally my mentor and I did not see eye to eye and sometimes our personalities clashed. I would have benefited from more direct conversations with upper management.

"fist bumps and butt kissing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any that come to mind

Cons

Full commission, 50+ hours, mandatory Saturdays, mandatory team nights, mandatory 1 on 1's, fist bumps around the office all the time, door-to-door, often an inferior product than Shaw, useless promotions that only yield more responsibilities and no more rewards

Advice to Management

Try to be less funny. The way you tell jokes that gets all the leaders laughing is an absolute riot. Or it could be they just laugh at anything they say because they want to be promoted. Maybe get the revolving door fixed too.