Addella Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Luc Hebert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They teach you sales to an extremely high level (door to door, mainly)" (in 4 reviews)

• "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "LONG hours once you really get into it" (in 15 reviews)

• "12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch" (in 8 reviews)

1. "The best opportunity for growth & self development"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

- Great education & workshops that are applicable to sales and everyday life
    - Money
    - Advancement structure

Cons

- Longer hours than typical 9-5

Advice to Management

Keep what you're doing up! Love my experience so far!

2. "Sales"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and growth opportunity

Cons

Long hours, Low compensation

3. "Amazing culture, training and growth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.

"It was fun but not a real job."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were cool but I felt bad because they were totally brain washed.

Cons

12 hours of door to door canvassing, no lunch. 100% commission and they use word play to make it seem like it's lucrative however the reality is u only get a small portion of what u get people to buy and residuals are only for 5 weeks after you sign a new customer up. This makes it impossible to gain any real pipeline as your constantly loosing customers and chasing new ones. They don't take off any taxes or CPP or EI or any benefits so when tax year ends u find out you really made less than what u thought. They make u go to events and team nights and you have to pay your own way and if u don't go to these weekly events u get fired. The sad thing is, is that there are truly talented people here that unfortunately got brain washed along the way into thinking one day they'll get their own office where I've seen people working here for years and are still in the same spot they were when they started so this talk about unlimited growth is also part of their scam. The owner didn't treat me well and made me feel like he didn't want me there. I found out that I want the only one who felt this way as others would say the same thing.I
    he only had 3 or 4 of his favorites that he would treat differently. They make employees write positive reviews about the company all over the internet so people think this place is actually a good place to work. The part that blew me away the most was how they made it seem as if any other job, position, or career path is a complete waste of time and if ur not part of the scam and working at addella ur eating your time. Well I found myself a sales job that I actually like, that is in an office, regular hours, I get a lunch and breaks,that pays salary and commission, residuals are forever as long as you're working here, which is the true definition of unlimited growth. I started at 40k I'm up to 60k I'll be making 100k a yr in 2 years, I also have weekends off, vacation time and benefits.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the people your interview and hire.

"Opportunity for Growth & Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspired & ambitious individuals focused on personal and professional development.

Addella’s team culture is like a family that challenge you to do your best and reach your potential while having a lot of fun at the same time.

Cons

Requires strong work ethic and a winning attitude. If you are an individual with a positive mindset who is willing to give your best shot you will see yourself growing and advancing quickly.

"Door to door"

Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none this place is a joke

Cons

I feel bad because the only people who stick around this company are the ones who are to oblivious to realize that there is so much more out there. This company make you work 12-13 hour days just commission. Your expected to work weekends and from 12pm-11pm every day not to mention the one on ones hey make you do on your own time and the weekly teamnights at 11pm your forced to go to and shunned if you don't. The sales people here look at the owner like he's god but he has no education and brain washes all these young naïve kids and traps them. No benefits and very cheap with everything. Do not waste your time, the management is also very rude and most of all.... flat out disrespectful

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed of what your doing

"Quick & Honest Review"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

One of the most awesome environments to work in which is a direct reflection of how good a culture the management team has worked to build. There is a tremendous amount of transparency with the people that work here starting with the CEO down to the leadership team. Working here really helped me develop my leadership skills/business acumen that will translate anywhere along with drastically improving my social awareness.

Cons

You really get out what you put in meaning some people fail because they are too proud to ask for help or don't want to put the work in. The job is sometimes hard but that boils down to work ethic, not the team at Addella. Unfortunately, this role wasn't for me and everyone but I can honestly say that it helped me tremendously with my new role.

Advice to Management

Occasionally my mentor and I did not see eye to eye and sometimes our personalities clashed. I would have benefited from more direct conversations with upper management.

"fist bumps and butt kissing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any that come to mind

Cons

Full commission, 50+ hours, mandatory Saturdays, mandatory team nights, mandatory 1 on 1's, fist bumps around the office all the time, door-to-door, often an inferior product than Shaw, useless promotions that only yield more responsibilities and no more rewards

Advice to Management

Try to be less funny. The way you tell jokes that gets all the leaders laughing is an absolute riot. Or it could be they just laugh at anything they say because they want to be promoted. Maybe get the revolving door fixed too.

"addellas is cheap job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

i can't said noting good about this place

Cons

This place is not that great for work they call me for possible opportunity but is a B.S Job plus you have to be able to work untill 9:00 pm Bugging company managers begging for sell something other wise you don't made money, i was disappointed so if you really want to waist your time go for, i feel sorry for people who are looking for job and fall in this type of company

"Deceiving sales company"

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They force a high energy vibe.

Cons

I've worked here for a few months, the company is very deceiving and manipulative in how it achieves it's goal of hiring people to work for it. It works via a pyramid scheme first of all. They don't even pay the minimum salesperson salary by Alberta laws which is supposed to be $542/week. They get away with this by making you your own contractor but still under their rules. With their rules they make you work from 12:00 to 10:30. 10 and a half hours per day, including Saturdays. That does not include the 1 on 1s they still make you do to make you feel like you are improving yourself. So minimum of 60-70 hours a week. Very unreliable checks. Everyone there are generally fake.

Advice to Management

No comment.

Addella Response

21 Mar, 2018 – Recruiter

In the few months that you worked at Addella, you appear to have collected some false information. First and foremost, if you understand what a pyramid scheme actually is – you would have known that... More