Addella Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Luc Hebert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They teach you sales to an extremely high level (door to door, mainly) (in 4 reviews)

• Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • LONG hours once you really get into it (in 15 reviews)

• Not necessarily a con, but it is a door-to-door sales job (in 7 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture, training and growth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.

"Opportunity for Growth & Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspired & ambitious individuals focused on personal and professional development.

Addella’s team culture is like a family that challenge you to do your best and reach your potential while having a lot of fun at the same time.

Cons

Requires strong work ethic and a winning attitude. If you are an individual with a positive mindset who is willing to give your best shot you will see yourself growing and advancing quickly.

"Quick & Honest Review"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

One of the most awesome environments to work in which is a direct reflection of how good a culture the management team has worked to build. There is a tremendous amount of transparency with the people that work here starting with the CEO down to the leadership team. Working here really helped me develop my leadership skills/business acumen that will translate anywhere along with drastically improving my social awareness.

Cons

You really get out what you put in meaning some people fail because they are too proud to ask for help or don't want to put the work in. The job is sometimes hard but that boils down to work ethic, not the team at Addella. Unfortunately, this role wasn't for me and everyone but I can honestly say that it helped me tremendously with my new role.

Advice to Management

Occasionally my mentor and I did not see eye to eye and sometimes our personalities clashed. I would have benefited from more direct conversations with upper management.

4. "sales"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Cons

awful place to work they lie to you about everything and everybody is very two faced . Pyramid scheme and they call and hire anybody. Do yourself a favour don't work here.

Advice to Management

LOLOL

5. "fist bumps and butt kissing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any that come to mind

Cons

Full commission, 50+ hours, mandatory Saturdays, mandatory team nights, mandatory 1 on 1's, fist bumps around the office all the time, door-to-door, often an inferior product than Shaw, useless promotions that only yield more responsibilities and no more rewards

Advice to Management

Try to be less funny. The way you tell jokes that gets all the leaders laughing is an absolute riot. Or it could be they just laugh at anything they say because they want to be promoted. Maybe get the revolving door fixed too.

"addellas is cheap job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

i can't said noting good about this place

Cons

This place is not that great for work they call me for possible opportunity but is a B.S Job plus you have to be able to work untill 9:00 pm Bugging company managers begging for sell something other wise you don't made money, i was disappointed so if you really want to waist your time go for, i feel sorry for people who are looking for job and fall in this type of company

"Deceiving sales company"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They force a high energy vibe.

Cons

I've worked here for a few months, the company is very deceiving and manipulative in how it achieves it's goal of hiring people to work for it. It works via a pyramid scheme first of all. They don't even pay the minimum salesperson salary by Alberta laws which is supposed to be $542/week. They get away with this by making you your own contractor but still under their rules. With their rules they make you work from 12:00 to 10:30. 10 and a half hours per day, including Saturdays. That does not include the 1 on 1s they still make you do to make you feel like you are improving yourself. So minimum of 60-70 hours a week. Very unreliable checks. Everyone there are generally fake.

Advice to Management

No comment.

21 Mar, 2018 – Recruiter

In the few months that you worked at Addella, you appear to have collected some false information. First and foremost, if you understand what a pyramid scheme actually is – you would have known that... More

"Essentially a pyramid scheme. Fraudulent and fake."

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Took me out of my comfort zone and helped me to develop interpersonal skills. I became better equipped at recognizing exploitative atmospheres.

Cons

- unreliable paycheques
    - stays afloat via misinformation and lies about "opportunities"
    - it's like being in the Truman show. You realize a few weeks in that absolutely everything, from the high energy atmosphere, to the mandatory 'team nights', to the mandatory culture of '1 on 1's', is contrived. It is all to serve a purpose, which is to keep you apart of the cult. To feel included, wanted, as if they are your family - and through that they gather allegiance.

21 Mar, 2018 – Recruiter

For many people on our team - their income is extremely reliable, as consistent effort typically yields in consistent income. Also, during your time of review, you would of been able to see such... More

"Sales Rep"

I worked at Addella full-time

Pros

Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed. Lots of room for advancement as well if running a D2C/B2B firm is what you desire in the medium-long term.

Cons

Hours are not for everyone.

"Brainwashing, lies and all things negative."

Former Employee - Sales Contractor in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Contractor in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, lots of motivation.

Cons

Work/life balance, management, company lies, small pay. Some of the employees are really rude.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees about money they will make. They made it sound like we would be making loads of cash, advancements and bonuses, yet when it comes down to it, it’s all lies. I still have not received some of my payments and it’s been a few months since I quit. You told me I would be making $4000 a month, I was working my butt off and it wasn’t even half of that. The only reason addella has good reviews on the internet is because they made all their employees write 5 star reviews (skews the results). they brainwash you into believing you’re doing a great thing for yourself when it’s really more detrimental in the long run and they also treat you like trash once you leave. I’ve been asking for my last check for a while now and they aren’t even replying to me. Oh & They say you’ll be compensated for a lot of the money you spend (gas, food, clothing.. etc) yet it’s not the truth. Do yourself a favour, if they recruit you ( which they recruit ANYONE) do not waste your time, money or sanity on this job.

21 Mar, 2018 – Recruiter

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us. Please contact Management regarding any payments and reimbursements. If you haven’t received a response, you were speaking to... More