Addella Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2020

3.6
Addella CEO Luc Hebert (no image)
Luc Hebert
Pros
  • "Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed(in 7 reviews)

• "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and that's about all(in 15 reviews)

• "There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely rewarding and Fulfilling Experience.

Jan 8, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pushes you out of your comfort zones Very fun Work Environment No ceiling for promotions

Cons

Meant for self motivated individuals

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun environment, but taxing door-to-door sales work

Aug 11, 2019 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Addella is definitely a fun office environment where everyone is very motivated, excited, and young. A lot of supportive people and Luc was the most inspiring person I've ever met. If you work here you will pick up some good advice on how to do sales successfully and also become much more outgoing.

Cons

You will be doing door-to-door sales (if you do sales and not HR etc). This will never be told to you explicitly or during your first interview. Your pay is commission for what you can sell. You spend the entire day in your territory walking to businesses and giving them an exact sales pitch. You can't deviate from the pitch. You will spend lots of time practising this pitch. There is an almost cult-like vibe there, such that no one can ever be negative and the firm sells you this idea that if you work yourself to the bone you will get rich. This does happen from a very, very small minority of people, but for most, it won't happen. "First one to the field, first one to get money!" Everyone will say their big dream in life is to own an island or party in Ibiza once Addella gets them rich, but it won't happen. CBC Marketplace did an expose on a place called Mox1 Business Solutions; a similar direct marketing firm. Also search Slave Circle on Youtube; this will give you an exact idea of what this Cydcor operation is. This is very hard work and you will probably quit after a month or two.

3. 1.0

Terrible

Apr 8, 2020 - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just learned how to convince people to buy things that they really don't need it

Cons

-THEY DO NOT PAY WHAT THEY PROMISE. In the job offer, during the interview and we were signing the contract they PROMISE a BASE SALARY, THAT NEVER REALLY EXISTED, after a month working with them they only paid me $180, and then they started to give bonuses for no reason (most of that BONUSES doesn't appear in the contract) -They don't wanted to give a copy of my contract -Too many hours of work, we start at 11 am and we finished around 9-10 pm. -If the area you have to cover is too far away you have to pay for your food (and delivery if you want to have lunchtime) because no one is going to pick you up. -Thay barely training you for use the iPad (which is your tool to make sales) -they changed the name of the company.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great environment, Awesome Team

Feb 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked at Addella for a couple months now. During my time here I have made some of the best friendships you can ever imagine. I view the company as a second family and I appreciate the investment that my mentors, and management have put into my development. The team receives nothing from helping, but does it out of their want to help you improve in your professional goals. For those who have spoken negatively about the company online, this job isn’t for people that cant work hard or get constructive criticism, or they just didnt work at the company in general. If you’re reading this, obviously you have some form of interest in the company, so go check it out for yourself, there are a ton of internet trolls that will say anything behind a computer screen, and I know I would of missed out on some of the fastest advancement in my life if I didn’t have the opportunity to work with the team.

Cons

It is hard work, there is no lie to it. I had a hard time checking my ego when it came to sales and getting rejected. It is not a good fit for everyone thats for sure, but neither is IT or adminstration for another person.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's a SCAM folks. A DS-Max tentacle, worldwide scam. You Tube 'The Slave Circle'

Jan 31, 2019 - Sales in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, you will earn more working at McDonalds, AND at least you get a company RRSP...

Cons

It all starts with a phone call about an 'interview'. You may not even remember applying to the place. They cull phone numbers from job boards like monster, indeed etc. Take your number off these places. The girl offering the interview may butter you up. Questions about what they do, sell, the salary, who their clients are, get vague answers or you are directed that all will be revealed at the interview. Where do I start? Its a barely legal MLM/Pyramid scheme. Watch for brainwashing words used like J.U.I.C.E. JUICE, 'Ring the bell', 'Negged out'. This scam has been going on for DECADES, their cover is blown by the beauty of the internet, the THOUSANDS of global subsidiaries change their names, scatter like roaches and reform another colony with a different name. You will see these worker bees selling (cheap chinese junk) their butts off in Costco roadshows, Superstore clubstore car parks selling spray wax, etc. Ignore them - it's the top brass you want to hurt, not the little guy. Complain to the store or email, tweet at them that you will not be shopping there again unless they get rid of their DS-Max vendor roadshows.

5 people found this review helpful

Addella Response

Recruiter

First off, it is extremely clear that you have not worked with us, let alone go through a full interview process. During the very first interview compensation is discussed in a very detailed manor, we go through client information, and if there was a disconnect in the first round interview, we get someone to come and shadow exactly what a day in the life may look like prior to actually coming onboard. If you had sat down with someone or even spoke to them on the phone, you would know we do not work in Costcos, roadshows, or superstores selling wax, or other items you might have mentioned, but we work with very large corporate companies. If you were to complain to a store regarding their DS-Max vendor, there would be quite some confusion as we do not have any association. Once again, if you understand what a pyramid scheme actually is – you would have known that we 100% are NOT structured around that model. It sounds like you’ve been burned in the past or have had an extremely negative experience with other companies that may be structured in a different manor. If thats the case, we are really sorry you had a negative experience, and best of luck finding something new.

6. 2.0

Good Pay, Bad Service

Jan 19, 2020 - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is very good. Atmosphere is great for young adults.

Cons

Training and Followups on progress is poor. Most People focused on their work rather than training. Had technical difficulties with tools and gadgets, didn't have proper training.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

decent for students or entry level sales

Apr 22, 2020 - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

self guided, work on your own, build cleinst

Cons

crazy environment, no base pay

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If You want to learn something, you have to work for it

Feb 5, 2019 - Team Leader in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some pros of working for Addella are working with awesome and enthusiastic individuals that relish in the success of others more than themselves. I have always felt that the best way to learn is through hands on coaching and boy is this the environment for it. The hands on coaching in developing communication skills, presentation skills, & overall professionalism is exemplary. A management team that genuinely cares about the team as a whole. A great place to forge your skills and craft!

Cons

There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox. Working at Addella like anywhere else has it's challenged but the difference in working for Addella is that the hard work is worth it in the end with the skills and experience you obtain.

9. 2.0

Misleading

Feb 19, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped income, Fun culture, Flexible hours

Cons

Repetitive, Favouritism, Gas money Market saturation

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Really great if you are into this sort of thing.

Mar 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Their hands-on teaching approach blew me away. I learnt so much in my short time there, skills I could use in the work force as well as outside of it. They are very informative and teach your how to overcome so many obstacles. 2. The people (not all, but a very high percentage) were very welcoming and kind. They built with you, grew with you, wanted you to genuinely succeed and worked so hard to make sure you did. On top of that, they had road trips and events where you could easily make new friends and develop relationships with people on your team. Really defines the term 'inclusive'!

Cons

1. Compensation was a big one. If you are living on your own, paying bills/rent/etc., it's really important to have a background in sales at the very least. I came without any experience and really suffered financially as a result. Many reviews on here post that it's a scam designed to rip you off. If you are genuinely good at what you do, the payout is well worth the work! This isn't a job, it's a career. If you invest your time into this company, you will be compensated for it. 2. I did enjoy the workdays in the field, though it's very long workdays no matter what the temperature is. The first two weeks I spent all of the time I wasn't working in bed. It's very demanding mentally as well. If you're into this kind of thing, once again it's well worth it. 3. Lack of breaks during training. This one is pretty self-explanatory.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews