Addella Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 8, 2020

Found 7 of over 100 reviews

3.5
Addella CEO Luc Hebert (no image)
Luc Hebert
Pros
  • "Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed(in 7 reviews)

• "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and that's about all(in 15 reviews)

• "There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

249 Comments

Advertising

30.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Addella~375526
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely rewarding and Fulfilling Experience.

Jan 8, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pushes you out of your comfort zones Very fun Work Environment No ceiling for promotions

Cons

Meant for self motivated individuals

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sales Rep

Jan 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed. Lots of room for advancement as well if running a D2C/B2B firm is what you desire in the medium-long term.

Cons

Hours are not for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Mixed review

Oct 5, 2016 - B2B Sales Agent in Eglinton East, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Easy to get in, especially if you have an empty resume. Great source of early work experience - Great training on personal skills necessary for the workforce and life in general. The learning curve is very steep and I have to say it is the biggest amount of life education I've received just in one summer working full time - Enthusiastic and supportive work environment. They try to make it fun in the office and incorporate team nights every week - A little flexibility is allowed with regards to the fact that you can determine what days you choose to work. This is because pay is fully commission based - Good team spirit - The ceo, Luke, is quite an inspiring guy who left me really impressed

Cons

- The pay can be very bad (just as it can be very good if you work really hard or you're naturally gifted at cold calling and pitching) - This is not a job for someone who's looking for a regular, secure 9-5 - Long hours working for no overtime compensation, a lot of walking and it's crazy stressful if you don't own a car - You either really enjoy your time with Addella (and stay for a while) or hate your time there and leave really quickly

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Like being paid to go to business school

Jun 13, 2016 - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level - As long as you're motivated, have a solid work ethic, great attitude and a student mentality, you'll learn all the skills you need to make sales and one day run your own business. Free education - Like the title says, you're basically being paid to go to business school. The amount of knowledge you'll gain through a combination of office and field time is extremely valuable. If you're eager to learn and not afraid to put in the time, this is a very supportive work environment. Individual attention and 1 on 1 tutoring always available for those who need it. The idea is to train our team to be entrepreneurs so that one day they can run their own business. Fun environment - Professional yet casual work environment. Music is allowed in the office, often your day will begin with a few warm-up games and fun team outings every Thursday night. Growth opportunity - Perhaps the most exciting aspect of Addella is its promotion structure. An entry level rep can make it to ownership in as little as 3 years, at which point they get promoted out to open their own office. In an industry that is undergoing serious growth worldwide, the opportunities are limitless. Work hard enough, don't give up and you WILL become wealthy one day.

Cons

Hours - If you're serious about growing as a leader in the business, it requires a lot of reading, 1 on 1s and over all devotion to growing a team and moving towards ownership. 100% commission-based - I only list this under 'cons' because of the amount of reviews I've read on here who seemed not to realize this before taking the job. Personally, I enjoy having an un-capped income that is a direct reflection of how much work I put in. After working for a set wage for most of my life prior, I can safely say that working at Addella has made me much more motivated and focused on self-improvement. Between the juicy commission structure and tax-deductible living expenses, this job means more money for those who can follow a simple sales system and meet weekly production standards. Not for everyone - Commission sales sees a pretty high turn-over because not everybody has what it takes. Ultimately your performance will dictate your compensation so my advice would be not to apply unless you are serious about putting in the work it takes to learn, grow and make money.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

Aug 10, 2015 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

First impression of the company was that the management team is very inspired and supportive, and that the employees are all young, intelligent, and ambitious individuals. Work environment is super upbeat so it made coming into work everyday exhilarating. Work day consists of morning meetings, campaign meetings, leadership workshops, visiting prospective clients and follow up meetings with existing clients, followed with an end-of-the-day wrap up at the office. My colleagues were all phenomenal, always pushing me be better, aspire to more, and making time to help each other grow and develop as a unit.

Cons

Though the benefits of working here are definitely plenty, there are definitely a lot of work to be done. One of the first things I learned while being here was that everyone has ambition, everyone has goals and dreams. The difference between those who attain their goals, and those who do not, are the amount that they are willing to sacrifice in order to do so. The work hours are long IF you truly wish to get ahead, however nothing extracurricular is mandatory. The nature of the work is also not a walk in the park, but that's precisely the part of the role that builds a host of skills, resilience, and a relentless attitude.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My experience at Addella

May 27, 2015 - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Addella for the past year now and I cannot explain how much I have grown myself both personally and professionally. It is an energetic and dynamic work environment, everybody is ambitious, motivated and determined. It is so rewarding to be surrounded by the team. The energy in the organization is contagious. Addella gives the opportunity to people to experience the real world.

Cons

If you think you are knowledgable, come to Addella, you will change your perspective. Every day I face new situations, learn and grow myself.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Management Training and Sales Opportunity

Mar 3, 2014 - Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn the skills and mental discipline to run your own business, Addella is the perfect opportunity to teach you to build a CEO mentality. This opportunity has been like a hands-on extension of my business degree. Gaining sales experience is just the tip of the iceberg here. What I find most valuable is the collection of transferable skills like overcoming rejection, increasing my confidence in business to business communications, improving my training experience, expanding my budgeting and financial management ability, and most importantly learning how to become an effective leader by managing a team and overseeing their professional development. Addella uses a very systematic approach to coaching new recruits, so entry-level applicants will not be hindered by limited experience. Motivation and hard work are the key attributes that will make a new recruit successful in this position. Overall a fun and dynamic work environment with an office full of young and ambitious aspiring entrepreneurs where supportive teamwork is a large part of the corporate culture.

Cons

Your professional development and income are a direct result of the effort you put in, so this is not a good fit for individuals interested in a slow-paced role where you get paid for just showing up. It's a management training program designed for people who want to learn how to run a company and interact with a lot of people.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews