ADP Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Carlos A. Rodriguez
2,048 Ratings

4,700 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 163 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 49 reviews)

"Good stable company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My experience with ADP was a good one. Good work environment. Managers cared about the well being of employees. Great team environment

Cons

Upper management in my group changed every 2 or so years.This meant every large project one group started then stopped and was rejigged or cancelled outright.

Advice to Management

Stay the course

13 Mar, 2017 – Project Specialist

Great insights into ADP Toronto and some good takeaways. Thank you.

"District Manager, Major Accounts"

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training program. Good people with good intentions.

Cons

Have a hard time getting good and reliable customer references. Industry is undergoing significant change with the new "gig" economy and mobility for millenial workforce. Canadian operations were asleep at the wheel and are now behind the industry and playing catch up to bring the technology to market in Canada.

Advice to Management

Simplify, simplify, simplify the customer experience!

13 Mar, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the commentary and review of your time with ADP. We value your analysis.

"Constant lack of resources make it difficult to accomplish goals"

Pros

Lots of room for personal and professional growth, great training programs, internationally recognized brand

Cons

Management is out of touch with the front lines of the organization. Lack of resources can make achieving goals difficult and very frustrating.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and set realistic targets

23 Feb, 2017 – Project Specialist

We appreciate you insights into the management at your ADP location. Thank you for the review.

5. "Senior Project Manager"

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are slightly above average.

Cons

The job demands are very structured and regimented, little room for creativity, the fit gap between the solution sold and the client's expectations can be very challenging but if you don't get good/excellent satisfaction scores things won't go well for you.

3 Mar, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this review and including some intuitive takeaways. We will review with our HR teams.

"Leaving was the best choice I ever made"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dartmouth, NS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dartmouth, NS

I worked at ADP part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their benefits and compensation packages were very competitive. Often offered additional incentives, but be sure to read the fine print.

Cons

I worked at this company for 5 years. When I started I was a healthy and happy person. When I left I had numerous stress and anxiety related issues, which for the most part were due to the job. (Per my doctor and the fact that 6 months after leaving I was back to a good place).

To succeed at ADP it all depends on who you know and who`s butt you`re willing to kiss. My last year there, I never changed positions, yet I had 4 different managers, all of whom expected very different things. They pride themselves on not being a call centre and putting the client first, yet in my last few years the focus made a complete shift from goals rearding service to goals regarding stats and it hurt the entire department.

I`d say the worst part about ADP though was how they handled employee problems. As I said I developed severe mental illness while working there. I tried working with HR and my doctor, and though my doctor would write exactly what was going on they wouldn`t work with me. Either I was too sick to work and had to take (unpaid) STD or I wasn`t really sick and should have no problems working like everyone else. It came to a head when I had a full blown panic attack at the office and my managers solution was to lock me in a small room until I calmed down.

If you like high stress, sucking up to managers, and can put up with a lot because of good pay and benefits, sure, work at ADP. If you care about your well being stay far far away.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent. Stop with the favoritism. Be more supportive of your employees and try to actively work with them instead of against them.

20 Mar, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello and thank you for this review of your experience with ADP in Nova Scotia. We apologize that your term at ADP was so tumultuous. We have escalated this review to our HR teams. Thank you again.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at ADP (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people. They focus on making sure the employees are happy, by doing lots of activities. Managers are focused on employees development. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Promotions are sometimes dependent on who you know. They sometimes people in a leadership position that don't necessarily have the rights skills and they are often left alone.

Advice to Management

Make sure you develop the right people. If they don't fit the role, do something about it.

8. "Work culture"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Halifax, NS
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Halifax, NS

Pros

The company culture is phenomenal. You are welcomed, supported and appreciated for what you do. There are great benefits and flexible hours as well!

Cons

I literally can't think of any other than its extremely busy during year end so you can't go on vacation

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Only go there if you're a 'yes man' and like to blindly follow"

Former Employee - Field Enablement in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Field Enablement in Toronto, ON

Pros

salary and benefits are good and are competitive in the market place.

Cons

management is focused on self promotion and appearing to shine in the eyes of the President (Canada). They say they have a customer focus, but really the focus is on advancing themselves and their career. If you are aligned with their ideas, it could work well. If you have ideas for real change and innovation, you're not going to realize those.

Advice to Management

Leadership says they want change but then do not empower or enable their team members to actually do it and are wholly out of touch with what it takes to change a static and slow moving organization. Ideas are top down, and you do best if you agree with whatever your leader has to say. Recent changes in leadership have promoted the most exemplary 'yes men' to executive leadership positions, and their primary focus is making themselves look good in front of the new president. Big egos, arrogance and scant on new ideas, the leadership in field enablement (and service) are singularly focused on old ideas and get their teams to act on them, piling more and more work on to people that are maxed out. If you disagree, it doesn't bode well for you. But, if you have a great idea, they appropriate it as their own and don't share credit.

Overall a de-motivating environment. Working late in the office and then resuming the work at home is the norm, and it is never appreciated or acknowledged. The victims of this staid and undynamic environment are the clients and the people that work there. ADP's position in the industry is facing a significant erosion because the organization just can't get the servicing of clients right due to poor leadership lacking ideas, vision, or the confidence to let others bring new ideas to the table. The company is great at celebrating its market leading position, but its competitors are beating them at every turn when it comes to servicing and communicating with clients.

23 Feb, 2017 – Project Specialist

We appreciate your insights into ADP Toronto. We will escalate this review to our HR team.

"CSR"

Pros

Great Benefits Plan, Competitive salary, most managers strive to help keep a work life balance., some opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Lots of overtime but it's often banked and taken back rather than paid out. Poor overall communication

Advice to Management

Improve cross functional communication.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy Job. No real pressure in small business sales (less than 50 employees).

Cons

45K base for small business

Advice to Management

Pay Employees more and they will stay

23 Jan, 2017 – Project Specialist

We appreciate your insights. Thank you.

Showing 4,700 of 4,868 reviews