Zendesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Zendesk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Associate Renewals Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2020.

Interview

Quick, efficient and pleasant interview process. Questions were straight forward and relevant, not typical of other tech companies who ask highly irrelevant questions that are designed for no apparent reason.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk (Paris (France)) in June 2019.

Interview

Très riche ! J'ai été coopté par une amie avec qui j'avais travaillé auparavant. J'ai donc rencontré la manager de façon un peu "informelle" autour d'un déjeuner avec cette amie. Très bon feeling avec elle et donc j'ai ensuite suivi le process normal de recrutement chez Zendesk :
    1. Entretien de 45 minutes avec la RH (en anglais)
    2. Entretien d'1h en espagnol (les langues sont essentielles sur mon poste) avec un Senior Consultant
    3. Entretien d'1h avec mon N+2 en anglais
    4. Préparation d'un panel > préparation sur plusieurs jours pour une présentation à faire devant tous les intervenants déjà rencontrées + ma manager et un autres Consultant
    5. Le jour du Panel : entretien de 30 minutes avec ma manager, 1h de panel (présentation + questions/réponses), entretien de 30 minutes avec la directrice Customer Success EMEA.
    Réponse positive reçue par ma manager, proposition d'embauche faite 1 semaine après environ !
    Expérience éprouvante mais hyper intéressante et challengeante ! Lorsqu'on est accepté, on sait que ce n'est pas un hasard !

Interview Questions

• Citez moi une expérience compliquée pour vous, professionnellement, mais que vous avez su surmonter.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds with Zendesk for the role (2 recruiter phone screens, and 1 on-site in local office). Overall had a good experience with the team. However, remote recruiter did not follow up on-time as promised.

RVP Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Elongated, too many interviews and not well organized. The company posted the job on their career site after I was weeks (and seven interviews) into the process as well. At this point they had me travel to their HQ for 6 more on-site interviews, although they clearly intended to evaluate many new candidates from their job posting. Many of the interviewers also seemed confused about the role throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a very undefined role and business?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter schedules the interview within a month. I had two rounds of interviews using Zoom. The first round is an easy algorithm question and the second round is behavioral questions. Good interviewers and reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• One technical question in the first round. Several behavioral questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Research Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and they responded within a few days for a phone call with HR. During the call, they asked for my availability to chat with the hiring manager. After a phone call with the hiring manager, there was an onsite with the team. This was a 2 hour interview process and 4 different interviewers. The questions throughout the process were mostly behavioral.

After the onsite, I did not receive any information from HR for a week. After a followup email, HR finally called to tell me that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions, some hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Workplace Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on 1/12 and had the first phone screen with a recruiter to days later and a second phone call with the team manager another two days later. The beginning of the process was quick but after was almost shut down. I emailed a week after my second call for a follow up and did not get a response. I emailed another week later snd the recruiter responded quickly that I have not been chosen for the position. The people I spoke with on the phone were nice and I was impressed at the beginning but the failure to follow up on their end had me a little disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Very friendly people and cozy office. Dress-code required (business casual). Good time management. Phone screening with tech leads of the team. Onside Interview with engineers from the future team. Quick response.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Everyone was extremely supportive and engaging throughout the entire process. There is a tendency in the industry for company recruiters to disregard any sort of human emotions when following up (or most of the times not following up) with candidates. The recruiter I was in touch with and the hiring manager were both extremely pleasant, very responsive to any emails I sent out, and were honest with regards to feedback. They truly were advocates of Zendesk's culture and I was so impressed that I ended up applying for another role.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter or sourcing recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn.
    I had a good interview with a recruiter in house.
    I had another interview but with the hiring manager.
    Another recruiter knowing I am in the process reached out to me to talk and indicated I was on hold. I was very confused, as I was scheduled on site.
    Right before the day of the interview I had an onsite interview, clearly very confused however it seemed the staff I talked to had no idea - to interview/to not interview - what happened?
    Rejected.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Recruiter
    Online interview with coderpad
    On site with god knows how many lol..close to 10 people I guess
    Extremely long process due to unprofessional recruiter

Extremely lengthy process (more than 1.5 months long). They put out openings and then the team for which they are recruiting goes on PTO. I was the one repeatedly following up with the recruiter instead of her. She seemed disinterested.

Interview Questions

• ** Same as above

On site interview was easy. Lots of stupid behavioral questions. Also found one interviewer to be rude.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.