WISI Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of 1 interviews

Interviews at WISI Group

Negative100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at WISI Group

WISI Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitt Meadows, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WISI Group (Pitt Meadows, BC) in Aug 2020

Interview

You are guided through the process by a really sharp HR Manager who actually managed to catch that I was running away from a toxic environment. Very good people skills. If you pass the pretty easy/casual personality screening, they will forward you the technical test. The technical test is a pretty easy currency conversion task. There is a "gotcha" in it because you will be using the free tier of the API to build your project. Let me say this: given that it's an assignment, you don't really have a rapport to collaborate on finding the optimal solution; the technical contact was actually on vacation during this anyway. So you have to make the decision yourself. This is a huge red flag. The technical interviewer even delights them self in people presenting "creative" solutions to this problem that can be easily solved going to a finance department and asking for -- what, $10/month??? Give me a break. The code review leaves a lot to be desired, the technical reviewer's ability is quite junior: they focus on "gotchas", and nitpicks over minor details that are easily automated or configured in an IDE. Shame, because the rest of the company looks quite competent. At least your know that your time spent at WISI will be formatting legacy code opposed to delivering on important business features. Hard pass. After that you are at least told "no" in a very professional and polite manner by the HR Manager, kudos to that person, they're excellent. Would not recommend the tech department though.

Interview Questions
  • Personality / fit questions with HR manager, technical test
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed