Vena Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vena Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Vena Solutions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Des Plaines, IL (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Very easy and informative really down to earth personable staff let’s you know the process beginning to end staff was very friendly offered information about the company and what they do as a business

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied through the careers portal on their website and got an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was thirty minutes and in the end it turned out there was a position more suitable for me that did not have an opening at that time, so I should try to apply again. The recruiter was very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions and gave me good insight into company growth, the tech stack, the product, and how I can learn more about their product. Overall, it was very helpful to speak to them and I'll definitely apply again when that position opens up.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

Among all the interviews I have done, this one with Vena, without a doubt, has been the best. From the first contact with HR till contract signing, every interaction I had with the team has been beyond positive. The process had three rounds: 1) 15 mins phone screen with HR 2) 1 hour phone interview with two senior executives 3) 2.5 hour (1.5 hour technical + 1 hour cultural fit) in person interview at their office. As a candidate, I felt I was supported the whole process to showcase my personal and technical skills for the role.

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

*** I applied for the Product Designer position and have successfully gone through the interview process. However, because they needed someone with a bit more experience, I was offered a Product Intern position instead which I was very happy to accept. ***

There were four rounds to the interview process: 1) an initial 30 mins phone screen with HR, 2) a 30 mins phone interview with the hiring manager, 3) a two-hour in-person interview with the team, 4) final 30 mins interview/meeting with the VP of product.

I had a very positive interview experience with the team overall. My main contact was with the Talent Partner, Daisy. She did an amazing job in keeping me informed every step of the way in regards to next steps and interview scheduling, which made me feel valued and looked after as a candidate.

During my in-person interview, I met with the hiring manager, a designer, product manager and a dev. The process was two hours long (the longest I've personally experienced) and I was definitely nervous, but they were all very nice and made me feel very comfortable which I appreciated.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and had the Recruiting Specialist email me back a day or two afterwards.

The first is a phone call with the HR Recruiter where they go through your resume and address some administrative tasks. A phone interview with the main Hiring Manager was scheduled if he likes your profile and 3-4 days after, I had my call with him (he is relatively new).

Another 3-4 days later, I was contacted that they would like to bring me in for an on-site 2 hour interview. They did a poor job of communicating and coordinating an interview time slot. I had my interview time slot rescheduled 3 times. First, from 12:30PM - 2:30PM making it a 2 hour duration, then to 12:30PM to 2:00PM making it a 1 and a half hour duration and then finally a earlier suggestion of 11:30AM to 1:30PM time slot. I confirmed to the latter and didn't get a confirmation back from HR but felt that it was locked in with no conflicts.

I went into the interview on the date and the latter time proposed. Reception was a little grumpy and I was 15-20 minutes early for my interview time. HR came out, told me there was a miscommunication from their side and that 11:30AM didn't work for the team's (and meeting room was unavailable that time). She apologized and proposed to do 12:30PM slot. Luckily, I lived in LV so it only took me 10 minutes or less to walk back home although they proposed that I be reimbursed for lunch and make the 12:30PM slot. I would imagine that I would be extremely pissed if I was coming from Scarborough, Markham, Newmarket or anywhere that involved a bit of commuting.

I rescheduled because I had arranged my scheduled according to what was suggested to me 4-5 days prior and from my understanding, when you arranged an interview, there is to be attention to detail on this matter as it makes the company look very unprofessional. So, that was my first red flag.

The big red flag for me is 2-3 days later with my new interview date and time, I came in and finally had my interview.

The onsite interview was very rushed. I had a 30 minute interview with the Manager who would manage me and then met one member from Product Design, Front-End Dev and Product Management.

As much as I appreciate that they were able to include all parties that you would be collaborating with if you were hired, being involved in a Design Challenge that only took 30 minutes and then having your time being reminded like every 10-20 minutes is not a good interview experience. I am not sure what exactly they were looking for during the Design Challenge but after experiencing a design challenge that short where if the main objective is to assess how a candidate thinks, then you are totally doing it wrong.

Also, my agenda that was sent to me for what to expect during the interview that I THOUGHT I confirmed was revised and they made no point to inform me of this. This to me signifies a lack of communication and an example of disorganization in their company. How in the world does a Manager not be involved from start to finish of an interview as well is beyond me.

Again, more and more time, the time left was reminded to me. You know how many times I checked the time during the interview? Zero. Considering that my interview slot was like near the end of the day and they had inconvenienced me originally, really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

They kept on telling me that they appreciate my feedback on the interview during the interview. Well, it goes both ways. 2 business days from my actual interview, I got an email from HR thanking me for coming in and informing me that they would not be proceeding with my application. No feedback in the original email on what went well, what they had concerns for. I find that very ironic as they sent me a survey email an hour or two before HR informed me that they didn't want to proceed and they had no consideration to at least point out some feedback (they proposed that I can arrange a calendly call with HR, like seriously? You mean you want me to make the effort to arrange a call with you guys for feedback that should be included in your original rejection email? Does anyone find that amusing).

For all future candidates interviewing, please be sure to check your watch during the interview because I am sure you would be helping them conduct their rushed interview.

Interview Questions

• Given that you only have 30 minutes, please design a Setting Page for a Networking App for Designers (Originally a Dating App but I didn't find out until the day I was interviewed)   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in November 2019.

Interview

An employee within Vena Solutions referred me for the role of Art Director. The employee sent my resume and portfolio to one of the HR Recruitment Specialists. The recruiter wanted to move forward with my application, and we booked a phone interview together. The phone interview seemed to go really well. Though, I do want to mention that I feel like the call was lacking some very important questions; I will get to that part later. The recruiter told me that she would be in touch with me about an in-person interview within a week, because the Senior Director of Product Marketing and Content was away on vacation.

A week later, I had not heard back from the recruiter. I sent her an email to follow-up, but never received a response. Approximately a week after sending this follow-up email, I decided to ask my employee referee what might be going on. My employee referee reached out to the recruiter herself, and was told that my application was handed off to another recruiter. My employee referee then reached out to the other recruiter and received no response. Within minutes of this, the original recruiter reached out to me through email and wrote "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the role of Art Director. After careful consideration and review, we have decided not to move forward with your application at this time..."

I was in shock as an in-person interview sounded almost 100% certain based off of our call. Furthermore, this email came off as a copy-and-paste, generic response with no reasoning listed. My employee referee asked the recruiter what happened, and explained that I didn't have enough B2B experience. Now, going back to where I mentioned that the phone interview was lacking some important questions. This was one of them. We didn't dig into my B2B experience, which I indeed do have.

I was very confused, as you the reader of this review may be as well. I emailed the recruiter back and mentioned my disappointment that they wouldn't be moving forward with my application, especially since we didn't dig into my B2B experience. Surprisingly, the recruiter emailed me back backtracking what she had said, and was now wanting to continue moving forward with my application, and to send some examples of my B2B experience.

At this point I was extremely disappointed with the lack of accountability from the HR team at Vena Solutions, and ultimately decided not to move forward with my own application. This whole process was extremely sloppy and all over the place. My employee referee was really great throughout this process, but unfortunately her and I were receiving conflicting messages from the HR team about my application.

I highly recommend that the lead of HR takes a deep look into the recruiting and interview process at Vena Solutions. Vena could seriously miss out on some potential, qualified talent as a result of this sloppy process. Filter the Vena's interview reviews by "most recent", and you'll see that I am far from the only one who has had a negative experience like this. Maybe Vena is a great company to work for, who knows? But the HR team is doing a horrible job of representing the company.

Interview Questions

Vena Solutions Response

Dec. 8, 2019 – Chief People Person

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you had through our recruitment process. I'd encourage you to reach out to me (tmikita@venacorp.com) to set up a time so we can talk in more detail about your feedback. - Tracey

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a Marketing position at Vena Solutions. The overall process was unprofessional and unorganized. The interviewing Director was extremely unprofessional, cursing in the interview and talking bad about other employees and departments. Very bad representation of the company.

They are also looking to scam candidates. At the end of the interview, I was asked to create an in-depth assignment and prepare a presentation to the team. I quickly realized that this is their way of getting free consulting/labour from marketing professionals. I don't believe they have any intention of hiring, as the job has been reposted for months. Do not waste your time with Vena Solutions. Take your talents and search elsewhere.

Vena Solutions Response

Dec. 6, 2019 – Chief People Person

I'm very sorry to hear about your interview experience at Vena. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Providing a positive candidate experience is important to us and we will provide feedback to our hiring Managers and make changes to our process to ensure future candidates have a more positive experience.

We do use assessments such as presentations, Excel sheets, Financial models, and creative assignments as part of our evaluation process for many of our roles. Our intention is to evaluate creative abilities for the particular role in our space - the details of this could have been more explicitly communicated. We will definitely consider your feedback around this as we look at our interview processes going forward. Thanks again for sharing. - Tracey

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in November 2019.

Interview

Every job description at Vena tells you "Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride . ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!" Don't get excited because they don't mean it.

The role I applied for at Vena, I am almost 90% match yet I never even got to see the hiring manager.

I got to talk to HR for half an hour then HR sent me a test with some basic commission calculation and general accounting entries. The next morning I got an email saying they won't be moving on with my application. I asked for feedback, the answer was the hiring manager was looking for more. More what not really sure, you either get right or wrong and I am 100% sure I got it right.

HR is very responsive, it is the only positive I would give about this experience.

Doing testing is usually not my thing, I would only do it after meeting the hiring manager. If every company you apply for asks you to spend half of your day doing testing exercises as a filtering method then you won't have time to fulfill other obligation in your life.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON).

Interview

HR called and asked basic questions and then proceed with such a big assessment which they hardly bothered to consider. After then on site interview which was for almost 2 hrs but then they gave such a silly assessment which is called problem solving overall they will judge on the base of 3 questions. 1hr wastage of talking, 5 hrs wastage of big assessment. Please don't waste your time by going there.

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vena Solutions (Toronto, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

The entire process was well coordinated, and I had an opportunity to meet with each of my peers and some of my direct reports. The recruiter was highly responsive, and informative. There were no surprises throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• My vision for the role, and how I could help the team achieve their strategic plan.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.