Vena Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Vena Solutions CEO Shawn Cadeau
Shawn Cadeau
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most employees get to work from home at least a couple of days a week" (in 6 reviews)

• "as far as jobs go, Vena is a great place to be" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "normal growing pains for such a fast growing company (eg" (in 7 reviews)

• "Office space was limited and sometime conjested" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Product in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Product in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Vena for the past 4 years and enjoyed every bit of it! The company is in a rapid growth phase and the maturity with which the senior leadership is handling things is amazing. I personally can attest that all the senior leaders are very approachable and understanding. Our CTO has been the grounding force for the whole team, he is ready to talk to us any time we need him. I can't stress enough how much he has helped me during difficult situations and always encourages us not to be afraid to make mistakes. He also pays special attention to personal development and encourages continuous learning. (I recently finished a course with Vena's help). I know a lot of us are still here because of him. Yes, change is difficult and I agree its not easy for everyone. But its very sad to see such immature and made-up reviews, totally disagree there. I believe in contributing more than I criticize.
    If you ask me, I would hold on to Vena as long as I can :)

Cons

Vena is growing and I expect some pain associated with it. But having given me so many opportunities to learn and grow, I am excited to be part of Vena's journey!

Advice to Management

I have full trust in you because we interact on a daily basis. Keep up the good work, we will figure it out together :)

21 Dec, 2017 – Chief People Person

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your review on your experience here at Vena. I'm glad to hear that you feel you've had the ability to develop and grow during the time you've... More

2. "Almost 2 years and still enjoy working at Vena!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company
    Lots of opportunities for career advancement or new jobs
    Good office location in Liberty Village

Cons

Adding lots of new processes (I guess this is good and bad). The change is necessary but can be disruptive.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the culture that makes this a fun place to work with great people.

"Like any place, there's good and bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work-life balance at vena is definitely a benefit you won't see at most places. The ability to turn off at the end of the day (most of the time) and live your personal life is rare to find. This is evident by the ability to work from home most of the week with little to no questioning. You can tell they trust their team as sometimes you don't even see people in office for weeks.

Cons

If you're looking for a company where you can contribute to their development then this may not be the best option for you, unless joining at an executive level. You'll find some leaders enjoy living with the status quo, even if changes would result in positive outcomes. Also, if you're looking at joining this company due to being sold on the culture then this may not be the best place either. The culture worked during the small start-up phase but at the current size of the company it no longer fits and in some cases it is not professional.

Advice to Management

You're doing well on maintaining the start-up perks but it might be time to evaluate if some of those perks line up with where the company is at and where it needs to go. We should also be more open to new sales and marketing strategies because as we continue to grow we're going to need to go down some new avenues. The status quo is what helped build the company to where it is today but it limits what we can do in the future. Lastly, execs need to make their managers more accountable for their actions as the lack of addressing these things is pretty worrying as these managers are looked to as mentors to our team.

2 Oct, 2018 – Chief People Person

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on working at Vena. We certainly trust our team and we're glad to see that the flexibility in schedule is a positive in your day-to-day. I'm... More

4. "Good company"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Open space environment. Lotto fun events

Cons

Nothing special, company is growing and more processes are getting added, this may be a problem for some folks.

2 Oct, 2018 – Chief People Person

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and feedback. Feel free to pass along any specific suggestions you have to me directly or to any member of the leadership team. - Tracey

"I did not enjoy it at all!"

I worked at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

- Great office
    - Industry standard pay
    - Work-life balance

Cons

It might be just me, but I did not enjoy my experience there at all. No/poor structure for everything. Things got easily approved and disapproved the next day. Some people are not very experienced and are trying to learn about their job and people management as they have never had such titles elsewhere and have only got the title here because of the pay scale. I didn't find a good fit for myself but I hope others enjoy it!

Advice to Management

You can't run the company the way you used to, when you were 15 people!

"Amazing place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Vena Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snack,s collaboration, no boundaries and agile work flow

Cons

Everyone is very busy, you have to be creative to grab time

11 Jul, 2018 – Chief People Person

Thanks for taking your time to provide feedback - we really do appreciate it!

"Software Developer"

I worked at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

Board of directors and senior product members are friendly and talented. I really enjoyed working with these people. Although some individual's styles contrasted mine, I didn't find it too troubling.

Cons

The management made it an annoying place to work. Part of the management team lacked competency for product development and did not understand the intricacies of our work.

There were instances when management would flag issues which did not concern the department but would address it as a department-wide issue. Although it's best to cradle each team members flaws and help stride them to victory, I do not believe their approach was correct.

The culture was divided between departments which led to a slightly toxic environment. This was a prevalent issue and the cohesiveness lacked. The company mimicked other cultures but executed it poorly.

Advice to Management

There are a variety of tools to assist managers in managing a variety of characters. Product and software development provides a breadth of personalities. Each individual requires a unique approach to help them excel. Additionally, a manager does not need to be a product design or software developer to manage these roles. However, they should understand the line of work they are managing to prove effective.

2 Oct, 2018 – Chief People Person

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. I agree with you that we’ve got great talent here at Vena – I thoroughly enjoying coming to work each day because of the amazing people I get to... More

8. "Practice Manager"

Current Employee - Practice Director
    Current Employee - Practice Director

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture, fun, collaborative and progressive
    - Great office environment
    - Very successful company, growing fast, provides great career progression
    -Smart people, great to work with and learn from

Cons

-Fast pace and still has elements of a start-up/not overly structured is great for people who thrive in this environment, but not for people who like highly structured, well defined roles (i.e, working at a Bank or Gov't)

Advice to Management

A little more Strategic Direction.

11 Jul, 2018 – Chief People Person

It is great to hear feedback on your experience here at Vena. I'd agree that Vena offers lots of opportunities for personal growth, learning and development. We hope that you've seen additional... More

9. "Great Company with Amazing People"

I have been working at Vena Solutions full-time

Pros

Vena has a great office & easy to get to location in Liberty Village. What I enjoy most is that I work with really smart, talented people that are passionate about what they do and about growing the company. This makes it enjoyable to come to work each day. Vena has great benefits, lots of social events and overall seems really open to any new idea that might be brought forward by anyone that works there. There is lots of opportunity for promotion with the growth the company is experiencing.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing positive change.

1 Jun, 2018 – Chief People Person

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about Vena! Feel free to connect with anyone on the leadership team if you do have any suggestions going forward. - Tracey

10. "Excellent company for work"

Former Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Vena Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good atmosphere and salary, intelligent people

Cons

there is nothing bad for this company

11 Apr, 2018 – Chief People Person

Thanks for providing your feedback! If you have any specific suggestions don't hesitate to pop by my desk or send me an e-mail. - Tracey