The Hartford Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Hartford Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hartford

2.8

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hartford (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was pretty easy. Just general back and forth about resume and history. Why I wanted to work there. If I was staying long term. That call took about 45 minutes. Skills assessment followed. Again fairly easy. Then the final interview was over Webcam with the two hiring managers. They use the STAR method. Make sure you remember very specific details about every call you've ever taken in your life. I cant understate how much they want specific details.

Interview Questions

• How would you close the
       sale if the customer says they need to think about it?   Answer Question

Nurse Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Columbia, SC (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview Process was easy, quick and friendly. My recruiter kept in contact with me via email and was very responsive to any questions I had regarding the process. The team leads I spoke with were very friendly and engaging throughout the interview. The questions were fair and insightful

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict with your peers   1 Answer

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Clovis, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

you interview with The recruiter first and then she passes your resume along to the managers if she likes you and if they like you you have a final video interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience in regards to insurance auditing.   Answer Question

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Hartford in April 2020.

Interview

Emailed me saying that the recruiter wanted to talk to me, asked me to give them times that worked. Never received a response. Follow up email; another no response.

Gets called on Tuesday, missed because in a meeting, called back; ignored.

I hope you dont run your business the same way you run your recruiting

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

So far, the interview process has been great. The people I've met with have been very engaging. The HR department was helpful with coaching on who the people I was interviewing with and where they fit into the broader organization

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a significant challenge you faced and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford in November 2019.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter and we spoke for over an hour about the job, including expectations, salary, what the job required. Thought we had a good conversation, not sure it was the perfect fit.

After speaking, I was ghosted by the entire organization and never received any feedback or a rejection despite multiple times reaching out. This was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of experience, why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It was referred to as a speed interview. There were about 10 other people interviewing for the position. Everyone interviewing got to speak to 10 different managers for about two minutes each. The managers would rotate and come sit across from you at your table. They asked behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge in your work place and what did you do to overcome it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple weeks later. They wanted me to fly to CT to in-person interview. The interview was a five hour multifaceted process with 5 other applicants. I interviewed for 30 minutes each with 4 people (it was sort of like "speed dating") I was then asked to analyze some graphs/charts and write a business email based on the information I gathered. Following this, we had a Q and A with some previous interns who took on a full time position later. Finally, we (the applicants) had to solve a case study in a group. We were monitored on how we solved it- I'm guessing to see how we handle teamwork settings. We then had to present our solution to 2 actuaries.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous experience prepared you for an actuarial internship?   Answer Question

Technology & Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Behavioral Interview asking questions about challenges and how I resolved them. The interviewers were very engaging and asked if I knew anything about the company and what locations I would be most interested in.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever make a risky decision? Why? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I met a recruiter from The Hartford at my University's Career Fair. He told me to apply for the Tech & Data Internship. He kept in correspondence with me throughout my interview process. He was actually the one I did my phone interview with. He asked me standard interview questions such as:
    -Why would you like to work for The Hartford
    -What are your career goals
    -What do you plan to do after you graduate college.

After my phone interview, I was placed in the final round of interviews. Myself and three other candidates were present. First, we did a group interview which involved playing a simulator game to see how we interact as a group. Next, we each went into private, individual rooms and did a one-on-one interview. After the face-to-face interview, we were given a case study where we had to read a case study and present the material we were assigned. After this, we were given a tour of The Hartford.

After a few weeks, I received a call saying I was offered the intern position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time I did not obtain the outcome I was hoping for and how did I learn from this experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.