The Body Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Body Shop Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.5

Conseillère De Vente Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Paris (France)) in December-2014.

Interview

J'ai été contactée après avoir postulé sur un site. L'entretien s'est bien passé mais, à l'issue de celui-ci, je devais être rappelée dans la journée si j'étais prise. Je n'ai eu aucune nouvelle de l'enseigne pendant plusieurs jours.
    Jusqu'au vendredi suivant, où une responsable de boutique m'a appelée pour me donner mes horaires du lundi - personne n'avait pensé à me prévenir que j'étais embauchée et j'ai dû démarrer au pied levé.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont les qualités que doit avoir un conseiller de vente pendant une période chargée (soldes, Noël) ?   1 Answer
    • Pourquoi avez-vous postulé chez The Body Shop ?   1 Answer

Directeur adjoint Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Paris (France)) in February-2018.

Interview

(attendre que le directeur daigne sortir de son bureau pour commencer l’entretien).
    Après une demie heure d’attente, on vous pose des questions déjà toutes prêtes établie sur une feuille blanche.
    Très impersonnel.
    On ressent qu’ils ont besoin de prendre vite quelqu’un qui ferra l’affaire.

Interview Questions

• Connaissez-vous la marque? Et les valeurs d’entreprise?   Answer Question

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Braintree, MA (US)) in June-2014.

Interview

I had one in person interview, questions were relevant to the position and my past experience, followed by two phone interviews (one with a different store manager and one with the district manager), interviews were short, store managers cared about past experience, future goals, and how I would handle different situations in that position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing from the store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Had two interviews. First one caught me off guard because I was only told that it was going to be a meet and greet but it turned into role playing scenarios. Second one was quick and easy. Wasn't asked a whole lot of common interview questions instead we casually chatted about my previous work experiences and the weather. Got a follow up call a few hours later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you motivate your team if they were feeling down and sluggish?   Answer Question

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY (US)) in September-2014.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. First interview with the shop manager of the store I was going to be working in (Louise in Harlem) lovely lady just so happy and positive and really expressed the love for her company. Ask me about my previous work history and just went on to asking me what I believe I can do for the company. The. We went to the sales floor to do a live demonstration on trying to sell the product to a customer. Also we lease lined and this was all in my interview but it went well and I moved on to my second interview which was with another shop manager at Rockafeller center and she was a but tufted sweet lady still but gave me a description of her background with the company asking me basically the same questions as the first one the. Giving me feed back on how she felt about the interview which was very helpful. Last interview with the district manager. She seem very cool. Sounds way different from how she looks but a very relaxed woman. She asked me basically the same questions and then just asked me why did I want the job and do I feel like I was best for the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to resolve a issue for an upset customer ?   1 Answer

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Milford, CT (US)).

Interview

Phone then in person. The phone interview was quick and then the in person interview followed and was great

They asked about my past history. Did I have sales experience. Why I wanted to work with the body shop. What products did I like

Do your research

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop in February-2011.

Interview

I was asked to go to one interview and got a call back the next day that I got the job. The interview was great. I usually get very nervous. I was very comfortable with the store manager right off the bat. She was up beat. Seemed like she liked what she did. Which really drew me to the job. Asked questions I had no trouble answering and if I didn't understand something was explained to me in detail.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what my biggest pet peeve was. Which I thought was cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got offered a dollar over minimum wage . With my experience i thought was fair.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop in August-2014.

Interview

Originally my interview was scheduled for a Saturday, later the manager called to reschedule twice. When I arrived for the interview it was a one-on-one format which I tend to prefer. The questions were general in the beginning (i.e. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position, etc.). Towards the end of the interview I felt that I was being lead into trick questions. We also discussed my previous experience working as an ASM and certain procedures I had implemented. April, the store manager, said she wanted the interview to seem like a conversation but to me it came off as if she was "schooling" me or trying to teach me a lesson in a condescending way. She even went as far as to say one of my ideas was "stupid". By that time I was extremely uncomfortable and questioned leaving right then and there. I ultimately stayed and was even offered the position but turned it down due to my experience in the interview.
    It was extremely disappointing to me and not only did they lose a potential manager but they also lost a loyal customer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position in the store.   Answer Question

I felt uncomfortable in the interview and concluded that the position would be the same way.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop in November-2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later the store manager called to set up an interview. She asked basic questions mainly regarding retail experience. A week after that, the I was set up with an interview with the district manager. She asked a lot of managerial questions and she asked a lot about my past job. Overall it was pretty simple, it wasn't too overwhelming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July-2014.

Interview

Applied online to The Body Shop and got a call back from the district manager almost a month later (I actually forgot I even applied). She set up a phone interview a few days later, and it was super easy. I highly suggest researching the company and getting some background info on them before the interview. The questions were pretty basic - Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy? Etc. I got a call back a few days later and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I was currently making $8.50 and was offered $11/hr

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.