Ten Thousand Coffees Interview Questions

Updated Jul. 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ten Thousand Coffees

Ten Thousand Coffees

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees in Mar. 2022

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter from Mindwire Systems. They told me the interview process is as follows: 1. this external recruiter screening 2. internal HR screening 3. take home code assignment 4. interview with hiring manager 5. SECOND take home assignment 6. offer This interviewing process is pretty onerous and so I declined to continue the process. It's a hot job market for developers and there are some places forgoing any take-home assignments and whiteboard evaluation. I was also surprised to learn that there's no plan to let a candidate meet and interview with the prospective team. The "max salary" the recruiter told me was 10k/year lower than the company's own listing.

Interview Questions
  • Many redundant questions that indicated that the recruiter does not understand how to hire for a developer role, nor were they supported in creating the interview questions by someone more knowledgeable.
    Answer Question

Ten Thousand Coffees

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees in Feb. 2022

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn for a virtual interview and was told I fully qualify for the role. They gave me a thorough description of the role and upcoming challenges, and promised to set up an interview with the hiring manager. We set a tentative time for the following week and I was supposed to get an invitation. From the conversation, I understood I needed to present specific examples of my work, so I started preparing right away. After a week or so, I followed up because there was no invitation, but nobody responded. I sent another note two days later and a message through LinkedIn; however I only got crickets. I'm currently employed and not desperate to get another job; however I'm very disappointed because this company reached out to me in the first place. The role seemed like a great fit and everything sounded like I was going to advance in the process. Why leave me hanging like that? Even if they're busy, this approach is utterly disrespectful to candidates. Candidates are customers too. Because of these shady approaches I wouldn't recommend interviewing with this company or using their platform.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of how you built a trusting relationship with a corporate client.
1 person found this interview helpful

64 Comments

Tech

333.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Ten Thousand Coffees~4308807
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees (Toronto, ON)

Interview

HR interview, followed by Hiring Manager round and then case study. The process was quick and well organized. Cherifta was amazing in co-ordinating the process and kept me informed of the process well in advance. Everyone interviewing was very supportive and helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Conversation with HR, followed by interview with hiring manager, followed by panel interview with case presentation. The process was okay and everyone seemed nice. The team made an effort to mention several times how key it was to hire this role ASAP. After the time spent on the case, the hiring team did not bother to provide relevant feedback. They only told me they weren’t looking for the role to be filled any further. A bit disappointing especially after all the time spent preparing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees (Waterloo, ON) in Mar. 2014

Interview

Pretty standard. There were some standard questions about how I would go about debugging a general issue on the site. Then a couple of technical questions. And questions about any personal projects.

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to print out all the permutations of X number of matched brackets.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ten Thousand Coffees (Toronto, ON) in Oct. 2011

Interview

The Interview was set up as a single phone interview which lasted less than 30 minutes. This interview began with a brief and friendly chat about my interests, some of the clubs, teams and associations I was involved with on Campus. I had just come back from an event with another school club so this filled a large chunk of the conversation. I was also asked to tell them a little about myself. Next, a quick resume review -- answers any curiosities the interviewer had about particular jobs or clubs. Again fairly informal, and easy going. The questions asked were all STANDARD behavioural / situational questions -- along the lines of "Tell me about a time where there was a conflict at work and how did you address this" . If you research a list of common interview questions, you'll breeze through this part without even needing to think. I believe I was offered the job at the end of the call or through email immediately afterwards. The initial training was about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about yourself" -- during first third of interview
RSS Feed</>Embed