Found 30 of over 31 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "More review and feedback process from senior leadership" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Disability
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ten Thousand Coffees and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Feb 28, 2023SalesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
The product is solving a problem in the market that no other product can. The people are amazing and really care about each other. The Customers using the product is impressive and they always give great feedback on their outcomes and value. It's fun! Employee experience is a priority with emphasis on work/life balance, mandatory time off and strong benefits for a startup. I'm really excited for the future for Ten Thousand Coffees.
It's a startup. Be ready to wear many hats - help drive change and grow. It's not for everyone and if you want prebuilt processes, the same work every day, the company may not be for you.2
- 2.0Nov 22, 2023OperationsFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
They raised money so there’s runway
- Product value isn’t strong. It’s a nice to have and a bit of a vanity DEI checkbox for HR - CEO is emotional and experience can’t keep up with growth - other Leadership members are even less experienced. Promotions to VP were early when there were 10 people. - Not much of a team atmosphere. Egos get in the way and there isn’t a culture of enabling others. No sense of inclusion. - Feedback and ideas to leadership can be met with hostility and defiance1
- 5.0Oct 26, 2022Customer Success ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
Great product with a clear vision The product is easy to understand, easy to sell, and easy to explain to clients. Solves a real problem that HR buyers are keen to solve. World-class clients Able to work with large clients, trying to solve complex problems. No shortage of challenges to tackle. Current clients are also great champions and advocates, which makes the CSM/AM role much easier. Strong leadership VP of CS and Sales come with a strong background from start-ups that have scaled and bring a wealth of experience to the team. Great people and culture People on the team are well-rounded, care about the cause and are fun to work with! Great culture - work from anywhere, fully remote, with frequent team events. You'll make a direct impact. You will see your work's impact on clients, the CS/Sales org, and the entire company.
Cons Not necessarily a con, but the environment can be fast-paced at times - you'll have the opportunity to be very autonomous. You won't be doing the same thing every day, every month or every quarter - so you'll have to be excited by being able to roll up your sleeves.4
- 3.0Jun 9, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
A lot of really, really great people here. Almost everyone has the best of intentions and is really kind, funny, and great to hang out with. Amazing new HR people are really helping turn things around and hire good people— hope they can make a good dent, are trusted, and listened to. Really good, tiny but mighty product team.
Great people are held back by being put into boxes by leaders that think they know better. There are a lot of egos, and new folks are being told to accept the way things are done there rather than help introduce any kind of improvement. Most suggestions for improvement are met with hostility. Leaders themselves are half-baked and need help, won't accept help, take credit for their worker's projects and betray their trust, placing a big focus on harmful heroics rather than collaboration. Because of this, some of who I would consider being cultural "hearts" of the company seem like they are burning out, taking on way too much. For product folks, note that in 2021 competence and focus were much more on outputs than outcomes. Like many places through the pandemic, there is a struggle to adapt to remote work, with folks not knowing how and when to collaborate, communicate, and so on, but for that people on the ground level are making progress.14
- 1.0Jul 1, 2023Customer Success ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Good people Good insight on which company is built
CEO is a micro manager that does the opposite of what he promotes. Big head with no place for challenge. Worst is that it was well known by employees that have a long tenure, but tolerated3Ten Thousand Coffees Response5mo
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look into this further and invite you to reach out to us at email@example.com or complete an Anonymous 10KC Glassdoor Survey to confidentially provide additional information and context. Survey link: https://forms.gle/HkpTwAQCb2m3Jgtr8
- 3.0Aug 23, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Easy software to comprehend - Purpose is clear - Recruitment and interview process is world-class - Work from anywhere
- Lack of leadership and direction - Organization does not invest in their employees to succeed and grow their skillset. Lack of coaching is a huge weakness - No proper KPIs. Performance is not measured well, leaving employees wondering how well they are doing and feeling siloed - CEO keeps the company in the dark and answers long-term direction questions from staff with vague answers - CEO has a tough time taking himself out of the business and trusting his employees, which is well known within the organization - Huge disparity in compensation among employees, which is well known and creates friction - Organization centers around DEI but the team is not diverse without any clear plan to improve - Bias within the organization towards certain employees16
- 5.0Nov 18, 2022IT GRC SpecialistCurrent Employee
Leaders give you the platform to showcase your skills and are always there to unblock me if I am stuck anywhere. 10KC has a team culture. Everyone is supportive, always ready to help, and very keen to share the knowledge they have gained. Good work-life balance. The whole 10KC team is very receptive and appropriate to all the changes introduced by the security team.
Nothing specifically to mention here.1
- 5.0Nov 12, 2022Senior Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Our team has that championship mentality. We win and lose together. It’s not perfect but the emphatic approach to real life challenges both professional and personal is like no other. A high preforming environment but with strong balance
It’s fast paced. You must be resilient and resourceful to succeed.4
- 1.0Feb 27, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
none. The only pro is that they are remote
racist company despite that the services they offer are against racism3Ten Thousand Coffees Response9mo
We're sorry to hear about your experience and do not take any claims of racism lightly. We are committed to ensuring 10KC is a psychologically safe and emotionally healthy place to work and do not tolerate any disrespectful behaviour in the workplace. We would like to investigate this further and invite you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an Anonymous 10KC Glassdoor Survey to confidentially provide additional information and context. Survey link: https://forms.gle/HkpTwAQCb2m3Jgtr8
- 1.0Oct 21, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Only pay is a pro here.
So many to list. Lack of processes CEO cannot trust the team and gets involved in basic day to day activities. Shows lack of trust Most directors Micro manage, especially the Director of Account Management. Lack of respect and trust for his team. HR is almost invisible.8
Ten Thousand Coffees Reviews FAQs
Ten Thousand Coffees has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 31 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Ten Thousand Coffees to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
70% of Ten Thousand Coffees employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ten Thousand Coffees 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.