Target Group Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Target Group Leader Interview Questions

3.4

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview process - initial phone screen, then two back to back interviews with senior level management/HR. Additionally, there was an assessment to test your fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult decision; how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Savannah, GA (US)) in December-2015.

Interview

Initial screening by a recruiter at a job fair, followed by a series of phone interviews. Next is a few computer tests, then comes the in person interview. It begins with a tour of the facility, followed by a brief presentation overview of the company. Next, candidates are split off to conduct a series of interviews with the senior group leaders. Expect to interview with each SGL.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a big mistake and tell us how you handled it.   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

She called me about a month and a half after I applied, I had pretty much forgotten about the job by then. We set up a preliminary phone interview. She called 15 after our appointment and asked me basic questions, it seemed like it went alright but I got an email a week later that said they were pursuing other candidates. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? She was really intent on asking about how I heard about the distribution center and this position. I had to pretty much convince her I was interested in this job. Why would I apply if I wasn't interested?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chambersburg, PA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an interview at the distribution center. You meet with three groups of two people and they ask you standard interview questions which they then write down your answers to and rate you.

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in September-2015.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. I was contacted by a recruiter and had my first phone interview set up 2 days later. It was just a get to know me and learn more about the company interview. After that we set up the second phone interview for a few days later. The recruiter sent an email with information about the company, the position, and a guide to prepare for the interview. I spent a few hours preparing for the phone interview by:

1. Reviewing questions posted on glassdoor.

2. Writing all my stories out on paper and highlighting the key points.

If I couldn't answer a question I found with one of my stories I thought of more. After the interview she told me I would be hearing back in the next 48 hours to set up the last interview at the distribution center. We set it up for the following Wednesday and were told we would be there from 8 to 12. They gave us a tour of the facility and then had us do 2 interviews with 2 higher ups in the DC. Each asked 4 behavioral based questions. They let us know we'd hear back by the end of the week if they were going forward. I found out on Friday by noon. I spent about 15 hours preparing for this interview. I reviewed my stories a lot and felt well prepared for the two interviews. Had i not taken the prep guide seriously I wouldn't have done so well. I was able to pick a story during the question being asked and started talking as soon as the question was finished. I think they liked that I was well prepared.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to motivate and employee?

2. Tell me about a time you coordinated with people to complete a task?

3. Tell me about a time you had to dicipline a colleague for underperforming?

4. Tell me about a time you made a decision with little resources?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

I went to the Universities Career Fair and the representative seemed impressed with my resume. She set up an interview time and in a few days before the interview called to make sure I was prepared. They changed the interview to a phone interview, and I felt it went well. There were a few questions about past experiences from my resume and then a few Situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to tell someone that your work would be late.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Target (Pueblo, CO (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

Very long, lasted 6 months overall. They only reason why I am giving a negative review is because I was actually offered the position. They told me they were on a hiring freeze and were waiting on a few Team Leaders to be transferred or let go. I waited an additional 3 months while staying in close contact with the regional recruiter for Target. Finally on the 4th month, I got an email saying I was no longer being considered for the position. I just wished I hadn't been strung along that whole time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a college career fair, they were both very easy to talk to and nice. I had an interview on campus. Pretty basic interview, they asked you to tell them a little about yourself and then three behavior based questions (tell me about a time....). They made you feel very comfortable during the whole process. Really seems like a fun and good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Not super difficult but they asked to tell them about a time you disagreed with a colleague/classmate and how you handled the situation. Use the STAR method to answer all questions.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Galesburg, MI (US)) in September-2014.

Interview

Process took about one week. Applied through recruiter, was contacted via email next day after submitting application and resume. Was asked to take online assessment and would then be contacted to set up a time for a phone interview. Completed assessment and then set up phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins, a few behavioral questions and the normal "Why Target" and "Tell me a little bit about your background" etc. I felt that the interview went well. Was notified 3 days later that they were pursuing other candidates. I think my supervisory background with another company scared them, I feel that they'd rather groom younger candidates their way rather than bring in someone with experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks at once and were unsuccessful at completing all of them.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in September-2014.

Interview

They recruited at my school, and the process took about a week. There is the interview aspect as well as a long online assessment. I was interviewed by two people at once, and they drilled me on my answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you solve this problem?   Answer Question