TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Ottawa, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

Entrevue téléphonique:
    On a proposée beaucoup de questions pour savoir si le candidat connaît le poste, l'entreprise ou salaire ou quoi.
    Il faut investir bien tous les informations en fonction de poste postulé et l'entreprise

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Flexibilité pour les étudiants zéro pourri
    Ressource humaine mal coordonner j'ai attendu environ 35 min après l'heure de mon entrevu pour me faire dire enfin de compte (2h de questions plus tard) qu'il n'accepte pas les etudiants -.-

Interview Questions

• C'est quoi tes plus grande forces   1 Answer

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Online application, followed by a phone interview within the week & then an onsite. Smooth process. One of the most throughly done hiring I've been through.

Very positive atmosphere. Very excited!

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience, some fun questions like if you were an animal what would you be, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

The phone interview was first for me, Lindsay was sooo down to earth but I could tell she was stern. The phone interview was great. I got invited to the interview the next day, I took an assessment, fairly easy. The actual interview was by two managers. They asked "tell me about a time" questions and two role plays. It went well enough I got offered a position and I accepted overall excellent experience

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX (US)) in March-2017.

Interview

Operations Manager + Team Leader, 45 minutes. Asked about experience in customer support and understanding of company products and process. Asked for examples where I had resolved a situation where a customer had been given wrong information.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a case that a colleague had missed a vital element and the customer was upset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

After they receive you application they send you an email confirming they received it and if you are a qualified candidate they will get back to you. When they reach out to you they call you and offer an interview they ask you a few personal and availability questions. During the interview they follow a questionnaire based on work experience and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to TELUS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Show up. Get put in a room of 15-20 people. Log in to a computer. Technical test of basic questions: whats wifi, whats airplane mode, whats android, type an email to a customer. 15 questions or so. Very easy if you are familiar with smartphones. Typing test. 35wpm of higher. They will let you retake it over and over until you can pass. A stupid old grammer test. From like the 90's. Then your interview. Very non personal. Where do you work? Whats wifi? Role play... of an upset customer? Can you work all shifts? Less than 5 minutes, your told your hired. Sign all these papers. NO OFFER LETTER. Dont know what the job is or for who. You can ask many questions and the answer is: you'll find out on your first day. When is my first day? Answer: we will email you. They assume you accept because they dont ask you if you will take it. Then you look around and see you overdressed as a professional because some of the people who also came in and got hired... are wearing tore up jeans, flip flops, house shoes! So be prepared for just a paycheck while you find a real job. And if you fail the drug test.. guess what? You can retake it!

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX (US)) in July-2016.

Interview

Typing, technical, and a grammar test to screen then a 1 on 1 interview asking a little about previous work experience and going through a customer service scenario to show your troubleshooting abilities by being able to ask good questions.
    The perform a background check in addition to drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are some good filler to use with a customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

a typing test, drug screen all of which followed the interview inclusive of a background check, chances are it will be different; contingent on the campaign in which you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Networking and intermediate knowledge of thewcinternet and computer operation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Timeline - Fill out job application. Receive series of tests that include personality tests, call center scenarios, information processing, and grammar. Prescreening interview from HR coordinator (more so description of company and what the job entails). Called in for additional testing. Testing focused on Grammar and also a typing speed test (with a group of 5+). If you aren't able to pass any of them then you won't be able to move forward with the interview. The interview was conducted by team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to assist a customer with troubleshooting? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard base pay.