PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB) in June-2015.

Interview

It was a well thought out process of several interviews with multiple internal stakeholders, members of HR and the direct Hiring Manager. It allowed me the opportunity to assess the company and it's culture prior to accepting an offer. People were open and honest - this helped me understand the pros and cons of working at PCL Construction. Overall, the interviews and the people (and a job offer) made for a positive experience which I have no issue referring friends or family!

Interview Questions

• Previous work history, work culture, how I work best, managerial and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was HR asking typical questions. If they like you you will get a second phone interview which is basically an offer with more information about what you would be doing and location. in the second interview you could also talk to the supervisor of your area of work for the summer.

Interview Questions

• They also asked two in depth questions. The first was about a time when you ran into a problem either at work or in personal life and how you overcame that problem. The second question asks what an achievement was in your life.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a face to face interview with HR. After one week, HR contacted me and gave me the offer. In the first day of working, we are introduced with the company culture and safety knowledge.

Interview Questions

• ask questions according to my resume. Do you want to relocate? Do you want to work on site or in the office? Can you tell me something about the project process?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

I met a high level manager at an awarding ceremony and we spoke at length about management. The person's insight and progressive thinking is what lead me to seek employment with PCL. After which I had a formal interview with the HR Manager. Then a subsequent interview with the executive manager, a construction manager, and a PM.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, or what would others describe as your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)).

Interview

Met with President, VP, Ops. Manager, HR Manager and Field Ops. Manager. They all had scripted and non-scripted questions. Very professional and efficient. The interview was in person and was a bit intimidating at first given the number of people and their positions within the company. The intimidation went away rather quickly and the interview was more like talking story than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Given the many choices I had in Honolulu, why did I want to join Nordic PCL?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)) in April-2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to have a phone interview with the Senior Project Manager. The overall interview last about 45 min.-1 hour, which it was a very easy going interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted by Human Resources where I was forwarded an offer from PCL Construction to work in the Orlando, FL office for the summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of an internship?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Met with the district manager and project superintendent over dinner. Questions were asked and answered. I didn't have any experience in construction other than 11 months as an intern years ago. The district manager gave me a chance on his conviction I had what it took to take on the role.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in January-2016.

Interview

Very fast. I have been contacted by a recruiter one week after I submitted my application. She asked me basic questions about my degree, work experiences, plan for the future. She basically went through everything I put in my resume

Human Resources Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in January-2016.

Interview

Received a preliminary screening call. Received another call making an in person interview appointment. Went in for an in person interview. It was a very pleasant experience. She just asked me about my previous history and my skills. She told me a little about the job and the pay rate. A week later I received an offer.

Ironworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

You have to set up a company profile under the careers tab. Check their job openings, call recruiters, background, alcohol and drug testing.
    Next they send you to the safety classes. After you accept you willrecive an email, it is very informative with everything you need know about position, pay, location, hours, etc

Interview Questions

• Do you have TWIC card and/or NCCER   2 Answers

Help Desk Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with someone from HR and gave my salary requirements. Got an onsite interview with the systems administrator. Easy, laid back interview asked about my past experiences and technical skills for the position. I was qualified for the position so it was fairly easy. Didn't hear back from them for about a month or two which was aggravating

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past IT positions   1 Answer