PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PCL Construction Interview Questions

Updated 2 Aug, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PCL Construction in July-2018.

Interview

It was a very pleasant and relaxed 2 hour interview. My overall impression was that the company focuses more on interpersonal skills than reviewing a CV. PCL construction is very focused on hiring the best quality of employees, professional skills as well as personable skills. Be approachable and relax.

The interview was by far the best interview I have ever partaken in.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with 7 members of senior staff.
     A thorough process that left me with the impression that they really cared about the caliber of person that joined their company.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)).

Interview

Met with President, VP, Ops. Manager, HR Manager and Field Ops. Manager. They all had scripted and non-scripted questions. Very professional and efficient. The interview was in person and was a bit intimidating at first given the number of people and their positions within the company. The intimidation went away rather quickly and the interview was more like talking story than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Given the many choices I had in Honolulu, why did I want to join Nordic PCL?   1 Answer

Ironworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

You have to set up a company profile under the careers tab. Check their job openings, call recruiters, background, alcohol and drug testing.
    Next they send you to the safety classes. After you accept you willrecive an email, it is very informative with everything you need know about position, pay, location, hours, etc

Interview Questions

• Do you have TWIC card and/or NCCER   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Standard interview. Had the HR manager and the manager for the position applying present. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The HR manager asked the standard qualifying questions while the other manager asked more in depth questions relating to aspects of the job and the knowledge you possess.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you were faced with and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. It was fairly simple the HR lady was really nice and helpful and told me what to expect. Overall a simple process and would recommend.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)) in April-2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to have a phone interview with the Senior Project Manager. The overall interview last about 45 min.-1 hour, which it was a very easy going interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted by Human Resources where I was forwarded an offer from PCL Construction to work in the Orlando, FL office for the summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of an internship?   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in January-2013.

Interview

I interviewed with my two bosses it was fun and light felt very comfortable. I really enjoyed how they wanted to know about me and also my personal life. They also wanted to tell me what PCL had to offer me not just what I could offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my best qualities for the job   1 Answer

HSE Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June-2013.

Interview

There was two interviews: First one was with Ops Manager and HSE Manger. Second one was with President, District Manager, Ops Manager, HSE Manager and HR manager. It was very personal and some questions were script but mostly open conversation about myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NPCL?   1 Answer

Help Desk Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with someone from HR and gave my salary requirements. Got an onsite interview with the systems administrator. Easy, laid back interview asked about my past experiences and technical skills for the position. I was qualified for the position so it was fairly easy. Didn't hear back from them for about a month or two which was aggravating

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past IT positions   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied online, HR called me, asked a few questions, scheduled an in-person interview that week. They encouraged me to ask lots of questions in the in-person interview so I did. Giving a thumbs-down because they said they would make a decision by the following week but they couldn't be bothered to send a rejection email. Interviewees are using their PTO to come interview for you, the least you can do is follow up with a two sentence email.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.