PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB) in June-2015.

Interview

It was a well thought out process of several interviews with multiple internal stakeholders, members of HR and the direct Hiring Manager. It allowed me the opportunity to assess the company and it's culture prior to accepting an offer. People were open and honest - this helped me understand the pros and cons of working at PCL Construction. Overall, the interviews and the people (and a job offer) made for a positive experience which I have no issue referring friends or family!

Interview Questions

• Previous work history, work culture, how I work best, managerial and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCL Construction (East Rutherford, NJ (US)).

Interview

I was called for an HR interview. There was only one round in the hiring process. The HR was very nice, treats you well. The interview was smooth, just asked few questions about my previous experience.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied online, HR called me, asked a few questions, scheduled an in-person interview that week. They encouraged me to ask lots of questions in the in-person interview so I did. Giving a thumbs-down because they said they would make a decision by the following week but they couldn't be bothered to send a rejection email. Interviewees are using their PTO to come interview for you, the least you can do is follow up with a two sentence email.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. It was fairly simple the HR lady was really nice and helpful and told me what to expect. Overall a simple process and would recommend.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call by HR to schedule for an in-person interview at the office which turned out to be a Skype interview. For an IT position, they should know that Skype interviews can be conducted from anywhere and no need to have someone drive up to their offices just to sit in front of a computer.
    After the interview, I have NEVER heard back and its been a month. I even followed up with an email but still CRICKETS!!! It would be nice to follow up with the candidates even if it is a rejection considering people take the time to come and interview .

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Tempe, AZ (US)) in December-2017.

Interview

The interviewer want you to talk about yourself amd you accomplishments. They want to know why youre the correct candidate and why you are passionate about what you do. The interview process is just the interviewer getting to know you as an engineer, and how you fit into the company.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was HR asking typical questions. If they like you you will get a second phone interview which is basically an offer with more information about what you would be doing and location. in the second interview you could also talk to the supervisor of your area of work for the summer.

Interview Questions

• They also asked two in depth questions. The first was about a time when you ran into a problem either at work or in personal life and how you overcame that problem. The second question asks what an achievement was in your life.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with 7 members of senior staff.
     A thorough process that left me with the impression that they really cared about the caliber of person that joined their company.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a face to face interview with HR. After one week, HR contacted me and gave me the offer. In the first day of working, we are introduced with the company culture and safety knowledge.

Interview Questions

• ask questions according to my resume. Do you want to relocate? Do you want to work on site or in the office? Can you tell me something about the project process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

I met a high level manager at an awarding ceremony and we spoke at length about management. The person's insight and progressive thinking is what lead me to seek employment with PCL. After which I had a formal interview with the HR Manager. Then a subsequent interview with the executive manager, a construction manager, and a PM.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, or what would others describe as your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)).

Interview

Met with President, VP, Ops. Manager, HR Manager and Field Ops. Manager. They all had scripted and non-scripted questions. Very professional and efficient. The interview was in person and was a bit intimidating at first given the number of people and their positions within the company. The intimidation went away rather quickly and the interview was more like talking story than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Given the many choices I had in Honolulu, why did I want to join Nordic PCL?   1 Answer