PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB) in June-2015.

Interview

It was a well thought out process of several interviews with multiple internal stakeholders, members of HR and the direct Hiring Manager. It allowed me the opportunity to assess the company and it's culture prior to accepting an offer. People were open and honest - this helped me understand the pros and cons of working at PCL Construction. Overall, the interviews and the people (and a job offer) made for a positive experience which I have no issue referring friends or family!

Interview Questions

• Previous work history, work culture, how I work best, managerial and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied online, HR called me, asked a few questions, scheduled an in-person interview that week. They encouraged me to ask lots of questions in the in-person interview so I did. Giving a thumbs-down because they said they would make a decision by the following week but they couldn't be bothered to send a rejection email. Interviewees are using their PTO to come interview for you, the least you can do is follow up with a two sentence email.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. It was fairly simple the HR lady was really nice and helpful and told me what to expect. Overall a simple process and would recommend.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was HR asking typical questions. If they like you you will get a second phone interview which is basically an offer with more information about what you would be doing and location. in the second interview you could also talk to the supervisor of your area of work for the summer.

Interview Questions

• They also asked two in depth questions. The first was about a time when you ran into a problem either at work or in personal life and how you overcame that problem. The second question asks what an achievement was in your life.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with 7 members of senior staff.
     A thorough process that left me with the impression that they really cared about the caliber of person that joined their company.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a face to face interview with HR. After one week, HR contacted me and gave me the offer. In the first day of working, we are introduced with the company culture and safety knowledge.

Interview Questions

• ask questions according to my resume. Do you want to relocate? Do you want to work on site or in the office? Can you tell me something about the project process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

I met a high level manager at an awarding ceremony and we spoke at length about management. The person's insight and progressive thinking is what lead me to seek employment with PCL. After which I had a formal interview with the HR Manager. Then a subsequent interview with the executive manager, a construction manager, and a PM.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, or what would others describe as your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI (US)).

Interview

Met with President, VP, Ops. Manager, HR Manager and Field Ops. Manager. They all had scripted and non-scripted questions. Very professional and efficient. The interview was in person and was a bit intimidating at first given the number of people and their positions within the company. The intimidation went away rather quickly and the interview was more like talking story than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Given the many choices I had in Honolulu, why did I want to join Nordic PCL?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL (US)) in April-2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to have a phone interview with the Senior Project Manager. The overall interview last about 45 min.-1 hour, which it was a very easy going interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted by Human Resources where I was forwarded an offer from PCL Construction to work in the Orlando, FL office for the summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of an internship?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Met with the district manager and project superintendent over dinner. Questions were asked and answered. I didn't have any experience in construction other than 11 months as an intern years ago. The district manager gave me a chance on his conviction I had what it took to take on the role.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in January-2016.

Interview

Very fast. I have been contacted by a recruiter one week after I submitted my application. She asked me basic questions about my degree, work experiences, plan for the future. She basically went through everything I put in my resume