Cover image for PCL Construction

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

PCL Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 200 of over 200 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

PCL Construction

Application

I interviewed at PCL Construction

Interview

Fairly smooth interview process, only generally do 1 interview and asked fairly normal questions. the HR people are really professional and open to questions. they may make you do a predictive index questionnaire to understand your skills/abilities.

Interview Questions
  • will ask questions about skills and then a few fairly standard behavioural questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Sydney)

Interview

An exhausting process with a total of 5 stages: 1st - record a video answering general questions about your professional background, strengths and weakness, why do you want the job. 2nd - interview with HR and the leader, basically answering situational and behaviour questions. 3rd - a personality test. 4th - 3 references of past work, and they need to answer an extent report about you explaining how it's to work with you, your strengths and weakness. 5th - final interview with manager about more behavioural and situational questions correlated with your weakness.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a colleague disagree from you? What you do to manage multiple task? How would you prioritise activities? What would you do if you couldn't achieve a deadline?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB) in Oct 2022

Interview

I received and email with a link to schedule my interview date and time, then after that I got a confirmation email and a follwoing email with a Microsoft team link for the virtual meeting. Interview was interesting and light, the interviewer was nice and supportive.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself. Q: Wat interested you in PCL in general. Q: tell me about the last project you worked as a project manager. Q: Tell me a bout a challenging project and how youe dealt with?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

30-minute video call and mostly asked about my resume and behavioral questions. The interview asked some personal questions about my background and my personal interests outside of my career interests.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths/weaknesses Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would your colleagues describe you? What are your hobbies outside of school?

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Victoria, BC) in Oct 2022

Interview

It was a video interview where I record my answers to five questions. Max 2 attempts to record, Unlimited time between recordings to think of an answer. I had 48 hours from receiving an invite for the interview to submitting the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is one of your strengths and one of your weaknesses?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB) in Oct 2022

Interview

First interview is online , you have questions that you answer by recording videos and sent them but there is only one attempt . you must use computer for a better quality.

Interview Questions
  • all question related to project management

PCL Construction

Application

I interviewed at PCL Construction

Interview

I had a phone interview call. It was a pretty long call and they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I was told that I would be getting a response within 2 weeks. I got a response and got selected for the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PCL Construction

Application

I interviewed at PCL Construction

Interview

First there was a video interview where you record yourself answering some general questions about your interest in the company. If you pass that, then you move on to an (online) interview panel of around 4 people, with a mix of technical and non-technical people. Very behavioural-based for the most part, with the last part being technical (depending on your discipline), most likely talking about stuff you've listed on your resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PCL Construction

Application

I interviewed at PCL Construction

Interview

Was invited to a one-way interview in which I had to record my answers to some questions. The thinking time was unlimited, the answers should have been 1 or 2 minutes long, and we could try 2 time.

Interview Questions
  • Why I chose that position Why I want to work for PCL My strength and weakness

PCL Construction

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction

Interview

Typical interview, I didn't do very well because I'm a bit rusty due to being recently unemployed. After the interview, they send you a "personality test" and a link to send all your references an email requesting their work experience with you. I never received a follow-up email by the date the HR Recruiter had said they would. This means either they are overworking the HR team or they are unprofessional, so I feel like I dodged a bullet either way. P.S. PCL, it's not in good taste to omit the salary range for a position, try doing that and see if you get more candidates. Also, be open to offering hybrid remote/in-person positions for work that doesn't require being in the office FT.

Interview Questions
  • *What are your strengths/weaknesses *What did the day-to-day typically look like in your last position
Viewing 1 - 10 of 200 Interviews

PCL Construction Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at PCL Construction as 80.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineering Student and Field Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Coordinator and Estimator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at PCL Construction takes an average of 18 days when considering 152 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Coordinator had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Field Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at PCL Construction according to 152 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.33%

Work at PCL Construction? Share Your Experiences

PCL Construction logo

PCL Construction Photos

+ Add Photo
PCL Construction photo of: PCL's North American Headquarters holds its first-ever DemoFest, allowing staff to experience the latest in construction technologies
PCL Construction photo of: PCLers raise money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation on the Big Bike!
PCL Construction photo of: PCL's North American Headquarters celebrates its first-ever Heritage Day

PCL Construction Job Seekers Also Viewed