PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PCL Construction Interview Questions

Interviews at PCL Construction

2.7

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn, encouraged me to apply. Did a phone screening with the recruiter, a phone screening with the manager, an in-person with the manager, and in-person with another member of the team, and then an activity to test my actual skills to see I could handle aspects of the role. I was also required to do a basic personality test and have three former coworkers fill out a questionnaire about me. None of it was difficult, it was just long and tedious.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you prefer to work? Have someone hold your hand or be thrown into the deep end?   1 Answer

Estimating Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

They came to the career fair and also a club meeting, handed out resume then they said they will keep in touch. Later in a week or two got an email for an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction in June 2019.

Interview

scenario based questions, they would ask something like what would you do if ..... or how would you handle a situation like .......... i had a phone interview which lasted about 15mnts and then i was called in for 1hr in person interview with the recruiter and supervisor, we talked for a while it felt more of a conversation then an interview. they said they would call me back for a 2nd interview. it took about 3 weeks before i heard back from them. i met the supervisor and the district manger and talked for another hr, it went well, they gave me na offer the next day .

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Met with the HR team member, and a Construction Manager. After the interview an offer was made within a week. We discussed my future, and where I wanted to go with the company, and the retirement program.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving the company I was currently with.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Phone interview with older gentleman that just went on and on about “benefits” of the company the interview was one sided. I could not get a word in then pressures you to speak about salary expectations and what you currently make. Asks you this questions several times in different ways and says you don’t have to say what you make but continues to ask.

Interview Questions

• What my current wage was, what I wish to make.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCL Construction (East Rutherford, NJ (US)).

Interview

I was called for an HR interview. There was only one round in the hiring process. The HR was very nice, treats you well. The interview was smooth, just asked few questions about my previous experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. It was fairly simple the HR lady was really nice and helpful and told me what to expect. Overall a simple process and would recommend.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call by HR to schedule for an in-person interview at the office which turned out to be a Skype interview. For an IT position, they should know that Skype interviews can be conducted from anywhere and no need to have someone drive up to their offices just to sit in front of a computer.
    After the interview, I have NEVER heard back and its been a month. I even followed up with an email but still CRICKETS!!! It would be nice to follow up with the candidates even if it is a rejection considering people take the time to come and interview .

New College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview involved three days where twenty students and approximately ten PCL employees were brought in. It consists of introductions of both the students and the employees as well as quite a few employees giving presentations about their roles and examples of what type of work they do on a daily basis. There were also three team building activities that were used by those evaluating candidates. Finally, there was a 1:1 interview.

The interview process was easy on the surface, but with so many candidates and people from the company, it gets a bit difficult to get face time with those that actually make the decision on who to hire.

Interview Questions

• You already have a busy schedule and your supervisor presents an additional class that will help in your career growth. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Tempe, AZ (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewer want you to talk about yourself amd you accomplishments. They want to know why youre the correct candidate and why you are passionate about what you do. The interview process is just the interviewer getting to know you as an engineer, and how you fit into the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.