Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nordstrom Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

4,560 Interview Reviews

2.5

Interview

They ask you pretty classic questions: why you’re interested in working there, your working style, etc., as well as some more specific questions like “what’s your personal style like?” or “how would you help/style a customer for this specific situation?” Nordstrom is all about customer service so it’s important to note how you’ll be customer-focused.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

There was one interview in which I was asked some questions and gave some answers. Overall I would say it was an interview, but I decided to go to no more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in five words.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was so easy! A very Quick process on the phone (2018)! They are extremely responsive and attentive as well as kind ! Would highly recommend and I cannot wait to do it again!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview was straight to the point. Mostly asked me questions about how I would sell an item.With a lecture at on company expectations. Though when ai looked around there were employees not wearing a mask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you have deescalated a situation with a customer   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was very good and pleasant. It was done via HireVue. There were 3 video questions and 1 multiple choice. The process took about 20min in total. It was my first job interview, so it was good.

Seasonal Sales Interview

Interview

Over the phone interview that took thirty minutes. Nice and professional. Questions about previous experience and qualification assessment. Questions about problem solving and personal fashion sense. You are able to ask questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

First round - 1 coding question in 30 minute, pretty easy
    Second round - 3 behavioral questions with video and 1 coding question in 45 minute, easy

30 words 30 words 30 words 30 words

Tailor/Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Columbus, OH (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Sewing test: shorten sleeves, sides thru blades, waist seat crotch (timed test) followed by a fitting test. Here’s my actual experience: I’m a female, and I arrived wearing slacks, sweater, and a sports coat. The woman interviewing me didn’t seem to approve of my attire. It was subtle and nonverbal. I accidentally let slip that I’m married to a woman (I used the word ‘wife’ and she made me repeat myself). And the tailor shop was blaring Christian music through the entire test. I did inquire if this was a personal choice or if it was the company norm. She chose it personally to better her English. I did point out that there were other stations that would do the same thing for her. She didn’t care to reply. I was so frustrated by the time I finished the assigned alterations that I botched the fitting test. Safe to safe I didn’t get the position haha

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: series of questions about what alterations you are and are not able to perform followed by questions about past experiences and how you took the high road.   1 Answer

Assistant Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Very strange interview. The interviewer had not even looked at my resume, had no questions for me, and talked through the entire interview just telling me about the position. I left the interview and she did not know one thing about me.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

3 Video Questions and 1 Coding Question on HireVue. The video questions are timed for 3 minutes each with no retries and coding question is fairly easy. Total time is 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom? Describe a project and data structures and IDE used? If a customer points out a fault in a project or product, how would you resolve it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.