Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Nordstrom

3,703 Interview Reviews

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Interview

HR reached out and schedule a phone call. Very inexperienced recruiter, feels like they don’t even know what the role is for & asked for my past experience. Never responded to my email/providing any updates & got an automated rejection after 3 ish weeks. If you want to feel respected during the process, I won’t recommend interview here.

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The process was very good. It took about 2 months. There was the initial two rounds of coding challenges which included behavioral video questions. The final round was a technical video call with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on from your resume.   Answer Question

Interview

I went into a hiring event they were having for multiple positions. For the customer service, they asked mostly behavioral and situational questions based on your past experiences. It was resume based.

Software Engineer 2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied through a referral. 1 round of system. 2 rounds of behavioral. 1 round of coding. There were lots of behavioral questions. The project was really cool and lots of data pipeline improvement, scaling questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first week, second week and third week after you are hired?   Answer Question

Engineer 2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

easy. interviewer was more interested to know how we problem solve and deal with day to day issues at work. basic java programs of DS and system design basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Easy BQ 's. Experience of CI/CD , docker, kubernetes. preferred programming language asked. How to deal with work issues and manage stress. Basic java data structures.   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Interview

phone interview at first. About 10 minutes just basic questions then in person is more in depth about company, it’s history + sales drills (put together an outfit) overall it was pretty easy just do ur research.

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit for this person going to... so and so   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone interview and lengthy call from recruiter. I enjoy learning about the company as well as sharing my passion for customer service and working as a team to provide an amazing customer experience. I felt supported from the initial phone call. I am looking forward to working with a wonderful company.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and how to provide a wonderful customer service experience for each customer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer 1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Nordstrom E1 Hiring Event
       Length: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
       30m introduction followed by four 1h interviews
       Common interview topics, nothing out of the ordinary.

After completing the hiring event, I got a callback to complete another 1h interview with a team that was not at the event. Coding interview.

The process was great, very close to Amazon's interview structure.
    A common problem that I've seen with novice interviewers is their concept of how to ask a "hard" question. When a novice interviewer searches for a "hard" question to ask, they tend to ask questions where you either know the trick or you don't (people usually only perform well in these interview scenarios when they've seen the question before). A better "hard" problem should be one that has a straight-forward brute-force solution that can be improved upon with some good programming knowledge, allowing different "checkpoints" for the interviewee to hit, prompting the interviewer to ask "what is the complexity? can this be improved upon?".
    Nordstrom didn't have this problem with their interviewers.

Interview Questions

• On par with other companies, nothing out of the ordinary. Compare w/ Amazon process.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Upper Marlboro, MD (US)).

Interview

The process can only be described as arduous! It was MULTIPLE interviews over a 2 week period. First, a phone screening that lasted about an hour. Then I was invited to interview in person - this was for a human resources-related job at the Nordstrom warehouse in Upper Marlboro. When the manager sent me the appointment for the in-person interview, I was schocked to see it was for 5+ hours!! That's how they [try] to conduct interviews at Nordstrom. I say try, because it was incredibly disorganized. The manager was not prepared for my arrival, and took me around to a couple offices until he found someone to conduct the first interview. All general questions, nothing groundbreaking. The interviewer started with, "tell me about yourself." Then I waited for a few minutes before interviewing with another individual I would be working with. She asked some of the same questions. Up next was an interview with a senior manager, who asked the same questions! I was irritated at this point - why were they wasting my time?? Why not just have an interview panel, instead of making me have the same interview with 3 different people? In hour 4, they took me on a tour of the warehouse, which was interesting. Finally, an interview with the supervisor. Several of the people I was supposed to interview with were not available that day, so I had to do a phone interview with them a few days later. They kept saying they like to promote from within -- that was a huge red flag to me that I was not going to get the job (I didn't). I ended up really resenting the experience and the waste of my time. I had to take off an entire day of work for that!

BP Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Interview

The whole process took about one week. I applied online and received an email back three days later to set up an introduction phone call. They talked about my availability and when I could start. Three days later, I was called by the department manager to set up an in-person interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and included a few simple questions and an on the floor shopping exercise

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Pull two outfits out for a 13-year-old girl who's mom does not want her to show too much skin but the daughter only wants cropped tops and mini skirts.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.