Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,752 of over 1.8k interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY)

Interview

The process was very slow, and I recall first having a phone screen with someone overseas, then quite some time later being contacted by the local recruiter. By that time I was no longer looking for a job.

Interview Questions
  • Comfort working with external clients, familiarity with data science methods, pat experience, etc
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Arlington, TX) in Jul 2021

Interview

Everyone I talked to was nice throughout the interview process. They ask basic questions about your experiences and what would you do in XYZ situation, they also ask you about your technical skills. In my second interview, it literally lasted 9 minutes when it was supposed to be an hour long technical interview as they miscommunicated to the second interviewer about what they were supposed to be interviewing me about. They wrapped up the technical interview in the 3rd and final interview which I thought was unprofessional/unorganized on their end.

Interview Questions
  • What are two traits/skills you think an analyst should have in this role? What are you weakest or most uncomfortable dealing with in this role?

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

the interview was efficient, exchanges are informative. first round is HR, second round is with manager, mainly focus on the previous experiences and output of the work. the interview is organized, not stressful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Very timely, the whole process took less than 2 weeks. I had 2 behavioral interviews and 2 technicals. The technicals involved coding tasks and conceptual modeling questions. Everyone I talked to was very kind and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a set of unorganized data you have worked with and what you did to organize it.

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

four rounds in total, one Hr Interview followed by Team Lead interview. The next step was an programming assessment and discussion about your results and then case study. All in all a very long process with lots of preparation but the people were really nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and was not judgemental even after I stumbled on some interview questions. The interviewer was also encouraging me and the interview itself was not too bad.

Interview Questions
  • How would you explain statistical significance and p-value to someone who does not know statistics?

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

1st interview, was requested to conduct a video interview with an automated recording. 2nd interview, was requested and I met with Dee Brogan via a video interview; I was told at the end of the call the my experience was impressive and next steps would be setup, two days later I received an automated email that they decided to move forward with other candidates. During my interview I was advised they are looking to really better the candidate experience, so I would like to give you feedback to support that initiative. After having a video interview with a candidate and advising them they would be moving forward to the next step, might be a good idea to at least make an attempt to call them to provide them feedback, rather than sending a generic email.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing that stood out during the interview, very generic conversation, almost transactional.

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

First, I was required to work on problems in Python and SQL. These problems weren't incredibly difficult, but this took quite some time (2-3 hours, if I'm remembering correctly). The reason I say the interview was clearly negative is because having been in many interviews, I can comfortably say this was the worst one. The interviewer was incredibly disengaged, and I'm pretty certain they were driving. The questions they asked were unclear (sounded like there were marbles in the interviewer's mouth), and I could hear traffic. The interviewer responded to every answer of mine with a "thank you for that," and that's it. No personalization at all. I wasn't convinced the interviewer was even listening. During the Q&A session at the end, I had very thought out, pre-selected questions that I came up with prior to the interview. The interviewer answered each of these questions matter-of-factly, and ultimately cut me off at the end without answering my questions and hanging up. I'm assuming that I'm not moving forward in the process, so I decided not to wait to leave my review. I was incredibly difficult with this interview as I was looking forward to speaking more about the position. The level of unprofessionalism by the interviewer was incredible, and I feel as if this is feedback that Nielsen needs to receive.

Interview Questions
  • What are you hoping to gain from an internship with Nielsen?
3 people found this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

The process was very positive. The first round was with the HR manager and the second round was with a manager and a VP. All the people were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

First, was a quick call with HR. Second, was a one-on-one video interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, was a two-hour interview which included an Excel test and meetings with several other team members.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,752 Interviews