Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1,065 Interview Reviews

2.6

Conseillère-vendeuse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

Entretien avec deux managers d'environ 15/20 minutes. Pas de grandes difficultés, des questions sur ses expériences, ses qualités, et sur la raison d'une demande d'emploi chez eux. Véritable discussion avec les managers qui se sont montrés bienveillants.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont les qualités développées dans des expériences précédentes et qui pourraient vous être utiles chez nous ?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in November 2014.

Interview

Un entretien d'a peine deux minutes debout dans le magasin pour connaitre les motivations, metier qui ne requiert pas une grosse compétence. J'ai été invité a passer au magasin pour rencontrer le manager qui m'a posé quelques questions basiques sur mes études, mon passé professionnel et c'est tout, il m'a confirmer que j'ai été accepté.

Interview Questions

• Avez vous deja travaillé dans la vente de prêt-à-porter   2 Answers

Negotiation

J'ai tenté de négocier un salaire, seulement ils ne rémunéraient qu'à partir de 2 mois, or j'avais besoin d'un mois de stage seulement.

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in May 2014.

Interview

J'ai d'abord eu un test de préselection en ligne puis un entretien avec mise en situation avec le manager de la section food. La réponse a été très rapide, le soir même de l'entretien. Le processus global a durée moins d'une semaine.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received a message for an interview.

I rate it negative as I only got informed on the interview itself that they have a height requirement for this position. I was asked what's my height in feet - this is the interviewer's second question. I wonder why ask when I have placed my height on their form in meters. I asked the if they have a height requirement. I got a yes. Questioning went on.

I left disappointed, such a waste. It was not written on their job post, otherwise I would have not wasted time and effort to apply and go through the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

One to one interview to explain the product. I started convincing the buyer to take this product as soon as possible for availability. Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.

Interview Questions

• Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

they have long interview process.
    first they do group interview, then 1 : 1. after you do presentation for 15 minutes
    they ask your experiences, your career plan why do you want to work in that company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Completed online questionnaire whereafter they emailed to confirm that I was eligible for an interview. Was then invited to interview, fairly open in terms of providing various times for the interview.
    Interview lasted approx 20-45 minutes. Successful.

Interview Questions

• what draws you to working here? for this specific title   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.