Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2018

2.6

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in November-2014.

Interview

Un entretien d'a peine deux minutes debout dans le magasin pour connaitre les motivations, metier qui ne requiert pas une grosse compétence. J'ai été invité a passer au magasin pour rencontrer le manager qui m'a posé quelques questions basiques sur mes études, mon passé professionnel et c'est tout, il m'a confirmer que j'ai été accepté.

Interview Questions

• Avez vous deja travaillé dans la vente de prêt-à-porter   1 Answer

Negotiation

J'ai tenté de négocier un salaire, seulement ils ne rémunéraient qu'à partir de 2 mois, or j'avais besoin d'un mois de stage seulement.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in May-2014.

Interview

J'ai d'abord eu un test de préselection en ligne puis un entretien avec mise en situation avec le manager de la section food. La réponse a été très rapide, le soir même de l'entretien. Le processus global a durée moins d'une semaine.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October-2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

they have long interview process.
    first they do group interview, then 1 : 1. after you do presentation for 15 minutes
    they ask your experiences, your career plan why do you want to work in that company

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

One to one interview to explain the product. I started convincing the buyer to take this product as soon as possible for availability. Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.

Interview Questions

• Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November-2014.

Interview

Initially I was contacted through LinkedIn, this was then followed by an phone interview, very basic, which then led to a mock assessment via email.
    Commercial Analysis with action plan presentation for 90mins, swot plan with 30, 60 & 90 day actions. This is then followed by 30min interview, about previous experience and what you can offer the business.

Interview Questions

• Why would you give a manager opportunity to fail, when you were briefed that they were a problem.   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Singapore (Singapore)) in April-2013.

Interview

detail oriented , explaining the heritage of brand. clarity made on the define role and what is require length of time to adapt. some skills review analogy done for sales reporting action plans to drive business.

Interview Questions

• on floor experience in operations   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in May-2017.

Interview

There was a technical exercise, (90 mins) followed by a short presentation to one assessor based on this exercise, with questions afterwards. Then there was a separate one to one interview, which was competency based. It lasted around 3 hours in total.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.