Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2017

2.6

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in November-2014.

Interview

Un entretien d'a peine deux minutes debout dans le magasin pour connaitre les motivations, metier qui ne requiert pas une grosse compétence. J'ai été invité a passer au magasin pour rencontrer le manager qui m'a posé quelques questions basiques sur mes études, mon passé professionnel et c'est tout, il m'a confirmer que j'ai été accepté.

Interview Questions

• Avez vous deja travaillé dans la vente de prêt-à-porter   1 Answer

Negotiation

J'ai tenté de négocier un salaire, seulement ils ne rémunéraient qu'à partir de 2 mois, or j'avais besoin d'un mois de stage seulement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October-2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

After going through the online assessment process, I was able to book an interview for the next week.
    I went to the information desk and was greeted by an assistant manager who chatted and took me to the interview room. I was told about the role play activity, and was given about 5 pages of food to look at for the role play. The assessor left the room for 5 minutes, and when she re-entered it began. She asked for a product which was out of stock, and it was my duty to go through any options of phoning other stores, or suggesting alternatives. The role play goes on for about 10 minutes and the assessor is just looking for your customer service skills, and your ability to persuade and sell products. (My advice for this is to just go for it and be confident even if you're not - because realistically if you don't get the job you're never going to see this person again.)
    After this, the assessor left the room to write up her notes, and when she returned she was with the manager. She then asked questions which I have listed below, in a very friendly and nice manner. The interview was very relaxed, and both people made me feel comfortable.
    I was offered the job there and then, and was left to discuss uniform and shift pattern with the assistant manager.
    I have my induction in a couple of weeks!

Christmas Temp Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied on line through their website. Spent over and hour and half completing the personality assessment and the video scenarios, submitted the application and all I got was a thank you. Didn't get an offer of an interview. Never got an email. Later that same day I checked online and the position I applied for was no longer advertised, on that basis I presume I didn't hear anything, didn't get an interview as the vacancy no longer existed,, almost two hours of my life I won't get back. If I apply for another post or store I have to do the whole process again.... doubt I will.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

An online application form is the first step, followed by a series of online questionnaires which test your ability to interact with the public in a supermarket setting.

Following successful completion of this stage, they invite you to an interview. This process involves a one on one Q and A session to find out more about you as a person, followed by a 'role play' session which tests your understanding of the job as a whole

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cafe Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grays, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Grays, England (UK)).

Interview

The online interview process was good and gave me an interview straight anyway. I did my interview, it’s just a normal interview and some scenarios at the end. They said I passed the interview and went to find a vaccine. Came back and said there was no vaccines left. Not to mention making me wait 30 mins twice. So I wasted 2 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to interview someone without knowing there’s no jobs for this person   1 Answer

Buyer's Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Came in and had a 45-60min long interview with the buyer. I had a friend who was already working at M&S in design, so she recommended me. Pretty standard interview- I met with two buyers looking for BAAs and just talked through my CV and what experience I had that was transferable.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had from my previous job at a magazine   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Online application took a while and involved a personality gauge and then a screening test. Once passed I was asked to book a face to face assessment and interview (for the same day).
    Once I arrived I booked in at the customer service and was immediately taken by a member of staff to the assessment room. The assessment consisted of a role play where the member of staff is a customer looking for an item that isn't in stock and you are the assistant trying to help them. You are given a note pad and a brief of the situation and are given five minutes to memorise and determine what notes to write. It's easy. My first piece of advice is to ask exactly what the customer wants for example, size, colour and when they need it for before you 'go to check the stock room'. Then explain the item is out of stock politely and offer an alternative. Once an alternative was agreed I then made sure to talk about the sales that were on offer (given in the sheets of paper with the brief).
    So, remember to stand up, remember to smile, stand up straight, ask the customer what exactly they want, explain politely it isn't in stock, offer an alternative and mention sales!
    The second part consisted of an interview with a manager, where they will ask you basic interview questions as well as questions that revolve around their four Is code (look this up before the interview).
    Overall, despite making a few mistakes (my advice here comes from failure to do some of these), I enjoyed the experience and got an offer! Staff were very good, if you're nervous just relax, at the end of the day you'll never see these people of you don't get the offer so have fun!
    I will also add I have no experience in retail, so don't worry if you don't have any.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to m and s?   1 Answer
    • What is customer service?   1 Answer
    • When did you inspire someone?   1 Answer