Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 16 Dec, 2017

2.6

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Paris (France)) in November-2014.

Interview

Un entretien d'a peine deux minutes debout dans le magasin pour connaitre les motivations, metier qui ne requiert pas une grosse compétence. J'ai été invité a passer au magasin pour rencontrer le manager qui m'a posé quelques questions basiques sur mes études, mon passé professionnel et c'est tout, il m'a confirmer que j'ai été accepté.

Interview Questions

• Avez vous deja travaillé dans la vente de prêt-à-porter   1 Answer

Negotiation

J'ai tenté de négocier un salaire, seulement ils ne rémunéraient qu'à partir de 2 mois, or j'avais besoin d'un mois de stage seulement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October-2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

After going through the online assessment process, I was able to book an interview for the next week.
    I went to the information desk and was greeted by an assistant manager who chatted and took me to the interview room. I was told about the role play activity, and was given about 5 pages of food to look at for the role play. The assessor left the room for 5 minutes, and when she re-entered it began. She asked for a product which was out of stock, and it was my duty to go through any options of phoning other stores, or suggesting alternatives. The role play goes on for about 10 minutes and the assessor is just looking for your customer service skills, and your ability to persuade and sell products. (My advice for this is to just go for it and be confident even if you're not - because realistically if you don't get the job you're never going to see this person again.)
    After this, the assessor left the room to write up her notes, and when she returned she was with the manager. She then asked questions which I have listed below, in a very friendly and nice manner. The interview was very relaxed, and both people made me feel comfortable.
    I was offered the job there and then, and was left to discuss uniform and shift pattern with the assistant manager.
    I have my induction in a couple of weeks!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Applied online and did a test which i was then immediately invited to an interview which you book online for a date/time that suits you. Interview was quite relaxed, few basic interview questions and then they gave you 5 minutes to look over some sheets of paper with products on to revise for the role play part of the interview.

Sales Advisor (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

The interview was really simple, and nice.

Applied online, took a personality test and was invited in for a 1-on-1 interview. Online lots of people said about a role play, from a certain select of categories (angry customer with something out of stock etc) - mine was to sell vegetarian dishes.

The lady interviewing was so nice, and this was a really smooth interview.

Really relaxed, or at least mine was.

After the role play, there was a panel interview with a different lady, and we discussed times of work, gave me an offer there and then.

Had to turn it down which was a real shame, lovely company to be around.

Shop Assistant (Temporary) Interview

Interview

I saw the job listed, and noticed that M&S release the rotas available for each job. The rota for my job was one which I was able to do around my college hours. I then completed a series of online quizzes, including role play situations. I passed all of that and was invited to interview. However, when I arrived on the day, I was left waiting for more than 20 minutes before being taken to my interview. A woman finally came and took me off, and she told me that the only jobs left were early morning shifts (from 6am or 5am) - which (a) I cannot do and (b) I did not apply for. I understand that they filled the positions, but think that they should either not include the rotas in the job description (if they are incorrect), or at the very least, should have told me that the position I applied for had been filled prior to me preparing for and then travelling to attend an interview for a job I cannot do and did not apply for

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Wakefield, England (UK)).

Interview

Online assessment takes about 40 mins, then asked to come for face to face interview, role play for 20 mins then another with interview with manager .Very friendly and helpful, told a basic outline of what the job entails, didn't ask anything about previous employment ?? which i found unusual, after both interviews was asked how flexible working hours can i do . brush up on your knowledge of M&S values and the 4is this is key, smile and show how helpful you can be , role play is ok but you need to read the notes throughly you only get 5 mins and its difficult to choose which you should priority

Interview Questions

• What inspires you and think of a time when you inspired someone   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Was 15 minutes late so I was already nervous and stressed out. Did the role play and it was absolutely horrendous! I had no Idea what I was doing and was put on the spot and kept waffling on. Basically I didn't get the job .