What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good and the company treats you well which is one of the best things about working with M&S." (in 842 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and was very flexible" (in 496 reviews)
- "People there are nice and helpful" (in 412 reviews)
- "Most colleagues are friendly and personable; more of a 'we're all in this mess together' kind of friendship." (in 390 reviews)
- "Very supportive when my mother died and good benefits" (in 197 reviews)
- "Poor management at time because too many managers on departments that they are not fit to run and just 'wig it'." (in 580 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and snobby" (in 414 reviews)
- "Long hours and have to constantly be doing something if not the manager will tell you to do something and not stand around" (in 276 reviews)
- "We were not allowed an extra short break to warm up even working with no heating." (in 106 reviews)
- "Unsociable working hours." (in 76 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Marks & Spencer and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 7,948 of over 9K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Apr 28, 2023Customer AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, ON
Awesome environment Nice staffs Free lunch
Much work No weekend payMarks & Spencer Response6mo
Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review! We'd have to agree with you, we think our Colleagues are awesome too. We advise our Colleagues to link in with their Line Manager if they have any concerns about their pay and work, to find a solution together. Marks and Spencer
Marks & Spencer Reviews FAQs
Marks & Spencer has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 9,008 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Marks & Spencer to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Marks & Spencer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Marks & Spencer 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.