Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Macy's

7,223 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview went very smooth, asked if I had previous sales experience and if I am okay with working over time. Said schedule would be flexible and change every week, will get morning and afternoon shifts. Went over the job and what a day to day would like.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Simple questions. However, I did not receive the job position because I did not have as much time availability as they'd hoped because of my busy class schedule when I was in school.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was really simple, based on the STAR/Behavioral method. Lots of sale questions (selling a credit card) and how you would handle certain situations. I applied online and was sent an email that same week to sign up for an interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Told them I would be in town for the summer. They stopped the interview right away and told me they didn't need me for the position. Was very unprofessional and wouldn't recommend working or interviewing here.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was to grab shoes for customers as well as bring them up and do returns as well as locations and products and other stores and sets sales The interview process for that position was pretty easy they asked your experience before a little bit about yourself and where do you see yourself in the future

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Very basic you could talk about anything that you wanted to. There wasn't a cap on the topic they just wanted to get to know you. And how you operated.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with trying to get people to get credit lines?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Tell me about your previous work
    experience as a retail salesperson ?
       How do you make sales and promote a high-value average transaction? Overall easy
    Why do you want to work in retail/at our company?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Really easy interview process. I just graduated college and was looking for a customer service position to work temporarily. I applied online, received a call from what sounded like a call center agent who hired me then and there and provided me instructions on what to do next.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was able to complete an application in-store and upon handing in my completed application only waited a few minutes to interview for the position. The job duties, hourly pay, and schedule were explained clearly, and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How well would I handle a busy department/register and how would I handle a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Precise to the point, liked my honesty, was truthful, asked for my opinions and answered any questions that I had regarding the position and starting salary, allowed me to greet my co-workers and help train me where I needed help when I was stuck.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.