Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Macy's

7,185 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward from a retail perspective. They are closing many locations so you need to be careful and decide if their future is sustainable. Everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your background makes you a great candidate   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and received a link to schedule an interview online. Once appointment was selected, I received an email confirmation with location, date and time. I even called the store to confirm my appointment just for safe measure.

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was emailed about having an interview for the job, but they cancelled it a day before my scheduled date because another person was chosen for the position. pretty disappointing experience to be honest.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They reached out to me via LinkedIn, and called me in to meet the hiring manager. After that, they called me in again to meet two additional executives, at two separate locations. One week of silence preceded these interviews. After following up with hr (twice), I finally received very positive feedback and they said I would be contacted by the end of the following week regarding a decision. That date came and went with no news from hr. I then received an email from another recruiter within the same organization asking me to interview for a totally different position. I told them I was still waiting to hear back about another role I had interviewed for, but would move forward with this new role if I wasn’t selected. She then apologized for the confusion and confirmed that I was “still in consideration” for the original role, even though I hadn’t heard back. Several weeks later, I followed up again and haven’t received a response from anyone.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

interviewing manager is very friendly and make it easy, very chill, but asked a lot of questions. did not mind if you have experience or not, really depends on which hiring manager you get

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

2 on phone interviews, 2 days on-site interview at NYC Herald Square. The first day on-site was more informal where they give you a tour of the biggest Macy's in the world and then you have dinner with potential interviewers . The second day is more rigorous. There will be 2 individual interviews and 1 short case study where you present to the 2 interviewers by yourself after given 10 minutes to work on it, and then 1 group interview with other candidates

Interview Questions

• So tell me how you got to where you are today?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Here are the steps in the recruitment process, which will vary based on the company's recruiting strategies. Do keep in mind that every company has its own recruiting strategy, so it's important to conduct a multi-faced job search and to be sure you're job hunting where companies can find you.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple process. You walk in, wait for the manager who is probably running around the floor to deal with other stuff, then they take you in a conference room. Worked in many departments then left after 3 months.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Schaumburg, IL (US)).

Interview

It went extremely well and was very quick. Whether or not that is good is up to you. If you have retail and/or cashier experience I believe this job will be easy for you to get. If you do not have either of those, it may be more difficult for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience that will be beneficial here.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application and received a phone interview the next day. It was very standard interview questions, and was laid-back. I got a job offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had worked as a team?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.