Kit and Ace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Kit and Ace Interview Questions

Interviews at Kit and Ace

2.8

Shop Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace.

Interview

Excruciatingly long and disorganized. Had 4 interviews over the span of a month and a half, which is an absurd process for a non-salaried position. All of the people I spoke with were friendly and easy to talk to, but in the end I chose not to pursue this position because the interview process raised too many red flags for me.

Interview Questions

• What designers, brands do you like?
      Are you a team player?
      What is your prior leadership experience, and how it relates to the role?   Answer Question

Shop Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back and was held at the shop, casually sitting at the table. Questions about my experience in the field. Asked about what I do in my off time. Am I considered a "team player." How did I hear about Kit & Ace? Reviewing my resume. Contacting my references.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
      "what does integrity mean to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what my minimum base pay could be and they actually offered me $2 more per hour than what I was expecting.

Shop Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Bloomington, MN (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Met with SD and JSD. They were eating pickles at the table when I walked in. Basic questions about my experience, where I see myself in 10 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Shop Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. You sit on a couch drink sparkly water and get asked about your life goals and where you want to be in ten years.

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was recruited for the job by a mutual connection and was contacted by a Kit and Ace recruiter. The initial recruiter interview was relaxed and conversational. Focused on employee relations and the culture of the company. My second interview was with the District Manager. This interview was job responsibility focused.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed the manager my resume and a phone interview a couple of days later. It was a really standard interview with the usual question nothing to hard. It was a relaxed easygoing interview that lasted about 15 minutes.

Junior Shop Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. 2 in person and 1 via Skype. The interview process was very long, 1 interview per week. Never revealed compensation for the position. After almost a week after the last interview when I was told they would call me, and never did, I reached out and received an email to tell me they were going to continue to look. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• What is integrity? What are your favorite designers? What are you strengths and weaknesses? 5 year plan? Where do you fit in in this city?   Answer Question

Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews scheduled before speaking with anyone. The first interview I had was with HR via skype. The second interview I met with someone in person. Both conversations went really well. They made it very easy and comfortable to talk to them when being nervous for an interview. I received an email the day after asking for 3 business references. Shortly after I received a phone call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What was one mistake you've made in your current job?   Answer Question

Junior Shop Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Set up interview via phone and then in person. I thought I was meeting her and was met by someone else (with no introduction). Awkward, unprofessional interview- other employees were stopping by to sit in on it. The entire experience was off putting and I felt the staff to be elitist and cliquey.

Interview Questions

• "What is the creative class?" "Where do you see yourself in five years?" "What are your hobbies?"   Answer Question

SHOP SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly smooth, asked direct questions related to job description and were very honest about the layout of the company (start-up, so expect some bumps in the road).

However, once I was interviewed, it took about 3 weeks to receive paperwork to sign. Like any courteous person, you want to give at least 2 weeks to your current employer, and I felt like I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back from Kit and Ace!

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? Can you live in integrity every day? Here is your basic job description, do you think you can handle these tasks day to day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A smart interviewee would ask for a higher wage than what they anticipate, but they were firm on the hourly wage.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.