Kit and Ace Reviews

Updated May 4, 2020

3.2
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2(in 14 reviews)

• "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

"Fun & Scrappy"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

- Product! - New owners are cultivating a fun culture with an emphasis on empowering their people. - Love the start up life; you get to work cross functional with all departments, learn a ton about retail and assist in building a brand.

Cons

- Being associated with the past, and needing to educate on the new brand direction. - The business is focused on earning the right to grow. Which means moderate growth

Kit and Ace2019-06-11
  2. "Great culture - lack of focus"

Former Employee - Administrative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing perks - Creative community - Forward Vision

Cons

Unstructured - built too fast

Kit and Ace2020-05-04
  3. "working here is a juxtaposition. So many things that are really great, come with with a double edge."

Former Employee - Head Office Position in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is very strong. there are a lot of little perks like gym passes, and yoga, and daily in-office activities. There is a lot of time spent on meetings, and making sure everyone is in the know of everything happening all the time. Your voice is always heard, and generally people are pretty nice.

Cons

Landmark Forum is an essential part of this company, its culture, and all its ethics. It's mandatory (not optional as they want you to believe) and it is not something that many of us are prepared for. Almost all aspects of this company are in some way relative to Landmark. The company culture fails in so many ways because of this. there is a lack of trust in anyone who is not 100% living by the way they want you to at kitandace. many of the policies and jargon used are isolating, and not inviting.

Kit and Ace2020-03-14
  4. "Was difficult at the time but lots changing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative Fast moving Fun Energetic Blah blah blah

Cons

Lack of direction Shifting priorities

Kit and Ace2019-10-29
  5. "The New Kit and Ace"

4.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and collaborative work environment where you are empowered to contribute to the business and your voice is heard. Great learning and growth environment , with the opportunity to wear many hats and expand your skill set. Great people , energy and awesome office views ;)

Cons

Still in the process of shedding "Old World " Kit and Ace identity which at times feels like an uphill battle. Lean team (great for learning ) however at times can feel a little overwhelming.

Kit and Ace2019-08-16
  6. "Great work culture, great people"

Former Employee - Educator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for less than a year

Pros

Monthly exercise allowance included for all employees. Fun, friendly, and welcoming environment to work in. Plenty of shifts.

Cons

Employees are required to wear one piece of “current” product all the time, and the clothes are quite expensive (with a fairly small relative employee discount), which guarantees you’ll be spending at least a portion of your paycheque on new clothes fairly regularly. They are also extremely strict about how you use your employee discount, to the point where workers are not allowed to use it for anybody but themselves, not even for gifts. Expensive clothing = often snooty/pretentious clientele.

Kit and Ace2019-07-28

"Not a long term place"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, the product is nice and you have the chance to learn about the different areas of a retail business (if you show interest). The head office is in a great location and the pay is fair.

Cons

The business growth is slow and the team is small so you will quickly hit a career wall. The strategy isn’t sound so not sure how long the company will be around.

Kit and Ace2019-05-27
  8. "Fun for Growth and Development!"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Kit and Ace for almost 4 years and its been a wild ride! I've worked very hard and in return have grown a lot and have had opportunities to be in different roles. Work is fun AND challenging which I personally love. Our CEO is approachable and humble. I love being able to walk up to him and give him direct feedback or ask questions.

Cons

We're still running a bit lean... really looking forward to being able to grow our headcount!

Kit and Ace2019-05-15
  9. "Today's Kit and Ace"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Being apart of company transition and seeing that evolution hit all departments. - Transitioning to a brand for the modern commuter and leaving luxury in our past. - Family like mentality with strong people and culture supports. - Healthy cross functional communication between retail and office - further building this family like culture. - You wear many hats (could be a con so some). A willingness to spread beyond what is outlined on your job description is encouraged and supported.

Cons

- Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the Kit and Ace of today. I personally consider the KA of today a completely different company.

Kit and Ace2019-05-14
  10. "New Kit and Ace Est. 2018"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feedback- everyone from our educations to our Shop Directors, to our Leadership Team and our CEO George allows us to give direct feedback to them. It is welcomed and in some cases my direct feedback has impacted a decision that is being made. People- the people that I work with are fun and goal oriented. They want to achieve big things in their lives and take an interest in what my goals are too. It feels like I get to work with my friends. There is a family feel here at Kit and Ace. Empowerment: I am not micromanaged. I am given the opportunity to contribute to areas of the business that I am passionate about and my opinion is valued

Cons

Lean team. As we grow we will need to add more incredible people to our team so that we can get into the work we need to grow our brand and the business. Excited to have the consistency of a new owner who is passionate about our future so we can start to build a foundation that will continue to be built vs. building a foundation and then having another big company change that requires us to rebuild again (PAST KA)

Kit and Ace2019-05-14