Kit and Ace Reviews

Updated May 1, 2021

3.4
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

• "I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Cool company"

Former Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great vision focused on optimism and giving back to communities - The people, culture and clothing

Cons

global pandemic impacting retail stores

Continue reading
  2. "GREAT place to work with AWESOME people!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Email Marketing & UI/User Experience Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Kit and Ace is a small and gritty company filled with passionate employees. The people are friendly, hard-working and supportive. There is full transparency of what each department is working on and departments often collaborate. Personal and professional development is important at Kit and Ace and employees have the opportunity to set their own values, vision and goals. Kit and Ace is grounded in Amplifying Optimism and is always looking for new ways to support the communities surrounding their shops.

Cons

As Kit and Ace is a startup, certain projects take a bit longer to get off the ground. The HQ office is quite lean so a lot of roles are hybrid to cover the workload.

3. COVID-19

"Great People, Work and Culture"

Former Employee - Employee- HQ in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

I have worked at Kit and Ace for a few years and its a great place to work. If you love job autonomy this is the place for you. Because of its size you have direct input to the company compared to larger organizations. Covid has been a difficult time for all of us and see leadership working hard to balance. New brand voice is authentic to its employees and excited to share it People and teams are so supportive and kind Fun work environment Supportive manager Small-medium sized business

Cons

Lots of people still associate us with the old Kit and Ace. Small teams which mean you need to be a subject matter expert Small-medium sized business

4. "Building the plane while flying it"

Former Employee - Internal Videographer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team of creatives to work with

Cons

At the time it had shifting priorities between quarters which made it difficult to hit the mark but I believe the company has been streamlined since 2017.

"Toxic and Manipulative"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

-intelligent, fun people to work with -good discount

Cons

This place started out as a relatively pleasant company to work for, but after a short while I came to realize the toxicity that lives within it. First of all, there is absolutely zero trust from upper management to other employees, leaving tension, discomfort ect. I (and others) were constantly taken advantage of into doing ‘tasks/jobs’ that were above our job requirements. These tasks would often be disguised as ‘learning/growth opportunities’, sometimes they would be out of the norm ‘competitions’ with an unsubstantial prize gifted at the end. The company is extremely toxic by having a number of special manipulative verbiage they like to use. For example ‘integrity’ or ‘background conversation’ or ‘clearings’. Lets say upper management heard that I along with other employees are talking about any dissatisfaction or frustration within the company, they’ll look down on you and tell you not to make background conversation. It then starts to become believable that venting to coworkers is wrong and that’s where it becomes manipulative. Last thing I will say is there is so much shadiness happening within the company. Noone ever knows what is going on because they refuse to keep people informed and straight up lie about what’s going on.

6. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture Great employee benefits

Cons

Product is expensive and pills

"working here is a juxtaposition. So many things that are really great, come with with a double edge."

Former Employee - Head Office Position in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is very strong. there are a lot of little perks like gym passes, and yoga, and daily in-office activities. There is a lot of time spent on meetings, and making sure everyone is in the know of everything happening all the time. Your voice is always heard, and generally people are pretty nice.

Cons

Landmark Forum is an essential part of this company, its culture, and all its ethics. It's mandatory (not optional as they want you to believe) and it is not something that many of us are prepared for. Almost all aspects of this company are in some way relative to Landmark. The company culture fails in so many ways because of this. there is a lack of trust in anyone who is not 100% living by the way they want you to at kitandace. many of the policies and jargon used are isolating, and not inviting.

"Overall Pleasant"

Former Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time

Pros

- working with cool folks - great discount

Cons

- poor upper management style - inconsistent brand direction

9. "Good culture, room to grow"

Former Employee - Showroom Lead in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for more than a year

Pros

positive culture. Understanding of personal life and obligations. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Management could have used more training

10. "Growth Opportunity"

Former Employee - Educator in Saskatoon, SK
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personal Development, and flexible schedule.

Cons

fast paced, grew too quickly.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews