Kit and Ace Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2021

Found 166 of over 167 reviews

4.4
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

• "I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Optimism

Jul 11, 2021 - Full Time Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Took some time but loving the growth especially with the clear vision to amplify optimism and to spread awareness on key topics. I.e. donations to great causes Leadership is very flexible - allows employees to choose wether they work from home or office.

Cons

Time to time being referenced to the old Kit and ace. Otherwise Leadership is working it’s way out of the start up phase

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

GREAT place to work with AWESOME people!

Apr 6, 2021 - Email Marketing & UI/User Experience Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kit and Ace is a small and gritty company filled with passionate employees. The people are friendly, hard-working and supportive. There is full transparency of what each department is working on and departments often collaborate. Personal and professional development is important at Kit and Ace and employees have the opportunity to set their own values, vision and goals. Kit and Ace is grounded in Amplifying Optimism and is always looking for new ways to support the communities surrounding their shops.

Cons

As Kit and Ace is a startup, certain projects take a bit longer to get off the ground. The HQ office is quite lean so a lot of roles are hybrid to cover the workload.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Review

Jun 9, 2021 - Brand Strategist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

it was a great work environment

Cons

it felt like a start-up

4. 5.0

Cool company

Apr 30, 2021 - Educator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great vision focused on optimism and giving back to communities - The people, culture and clothing

Cons

global pandemic impacting retail stores

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great People, Work and Culture

Feb 16, 2021 - Employee- HQ in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Kit and Ace for a few years and its a great place to work. If you love job autonomy this is the place for you. Because of its size you have direct input to the company compared to larger organizations. Covid has been a difficult time for all of us and see leadership working hard to balance. New brand voice is authentic to its employees and excited to share it People and teams are so supportive and kind Fun work environment Supportive manager Small-medium sized business

Cons

Lots of people still associate us with the old Kit and Ace. Small teams which mean you need to be a subject matter expert Small-medium sized business

6. 1.0

Toxic and Manipulative

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-intelligent, fun people to work with -good discount

Cons

This place started out as a relatively pleasant company to work for, but after a short while I came to realize the toxicity that lives within it. First of all, there is absolutely zero trust from upper management to other employees, leaving tension, discomfort ect. I (and others) were constantly taken advantage of into doing ‘tasks/jobs’ that were above our job requirements. These tasks would often be disguised as ‘learning/growth opportunities’, sometimes they would be out of the norm ‘competitions’ with an unsubstantial prize gifted at the end. The company is extremely toxic by having a number of special manipulative verbiage they like to use. For example ‘integrity’ or ‘background conversation’ or ‘clearings’. Lets say upper management heard that I along with other employees are talking about any dissatisfaction or frustration within the company, they’ll look down on you and tell you not to make background conversation. It then starts to become believable that venting to coworkers is wrong and that’s where it becomes manipulative. Last thing I will say is there is so much shadiness happening within the company. Noone ever knows what is going on because they refuse to keep people informed and straight up lie about what’s going on.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Building the plane while flying it

Apr 27, 2021 - Internal Videographer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team of creatives to work with

Cons

At the time it had shifting priorities between quarters which made it difficult to hit the mark but I believe the company has been streamlined since 2017.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work

Mar 17, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture Great employee benefits

Cons

Product is expensive and pills

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

working here is a juxtaposition. So many things that are really great, come with with a double edge.

Mar 14, 2020 - Head Office Position in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is very strong. there are a lot of little perks like gym passes, and yoga, and daily in-office activities. There is a lot of time spent on meetings, and making sure everyone is in the know of everything happening all the time. Your voice is always heard, and generally people are pretty nice.

Cons

Landmark Forum is an essential part of this company, its culture, and all its ethics. It's mandatory (not optional as they want you to believe) and it is not something that many of us are prepared for. Almost all aspects of this company are in some way relative to Landmark. The company culture fails in so many ways because of this. there is a lack of trust in anyone who is not 100% living by the way they want you to at kitandace. many of the policies and jargon used are isolating, and not inviting.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

New Kit and Ace Est. 2018

May 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Feedback- everyone from our educations to our Shop Directors, to our Leadership Team and our CEO George allows us to give direct feedback to them. It is welcomed and in some cases my direct feedback has impacted a decision that is being made. People- the people that I work with are fun and goal oriented. They want to achieve big things in their lives and take an interest in what my goals are too. It feels like I get to work with my friends. There is a family feel here at Kit and Ace. Empowerment: I am not micromanaged. I am given the opportunity to contribute to areas of the business that I am passionate about and my opinion is valued

Cons

Lean team. As we grow we will need to add more incredible people to our team so that we can get into the work we need to grow our brand and the business. Excited to have the consistency of a new owner who is passionate about our future so we can start to build a foundation that will continue to be built vs. building a foundation and then having another big company change that requires us to rebuild again (PAST KA)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Reviews