Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaiser Permanente

1,669 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Because of the pandemic, I only had to interview with two people, one of them being the nursing manager. It was through Microsoft Teams. It was very formal, and they asked questions one after the other. One of the questions asked about my experience with Med-Surg and Telemetry.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question

Interview

Lengthy and group setting. 60 people interviewed only 8 hired. Panel interview. Process took 1 month to get a call back. Recruiter did phone interview and all of the follow up

Interview Questions

• If you lead a group what is one thing you would do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

One you submit your application and talent profile, it gets reviewed, and a coordinator arranges a phone interview based on your availability. As in many places, the phone interview is the first in a series of interviews. The phone interview came across as very poor. The interviewer was difficult to understand over the phone due to a thick accent, and the interviewer made no effort to make their department the least bit attractive to a potential candidates. Even when a reference was made to a publication that the interviewer co-authored, the interviewer showed no interest whatsoever and chose not to comment. To be perfectly honest, it sounded like the department likely already had candidates in mind and was just going through the interview process to look fair. The interview was incredibly dry. After asking questions about statistical analyses, the interviewer then admitted that a "junior biostatistician" (this is how the interviewer referred to the position) would spend most of their time extracting and cleaning data and doing very little analysis. Then why is this title called biostatistician? Additionally, this position was titled "Biostatistician I/II-Epidemiologic Research". Although such positions usually overlap, such departments should understand that those with epidemiologic training will have a different perspective than those who are trained in biostatistics. The interviewer appeared to have a biostatistics bias. Also, not everyone is going to come from a place with a sophisticated setup where SAS directly connects to SQL server, so it should not be a big deal if you haven't done that before. At some places, you have to write the SQL yourself in separate system, manually save the extracted data into excel files, and write a macro in SAS to mass import them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Define incidence and prevalence.
      2. What kind of data manipulation experience do you have with SAS? (this wasn't exactly a question, but the interviewer read off what I had written in my CV and asked me to confirm.)
      3. In SAS, if you have a dataset with a unique identifier, how would you identify and remove duplicates.   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

the process was pretty easy, quick. i appiled online. then got an email to take assessment test, then interview call. I assess and gather as much information as possible about the tasks that need to be done. Using that information i plan to get things done in the most timely and effective way

Teleservice Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Virtual interview over Microsoft Teams. Very kind, empathetic interviewers. Seemed more like a good conversation than an interview. I was very impressed with them. They have good feedback throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a very difficult encounter with a customer and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Interview

very casual with 4 member panel. gave good overview of the job. HR present for the whole interview . interview was very short. got offer fairly quickly after the interview, onboarding was great

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

Straight forward interview questions. No curveballs. First round of interview with research director. Second round with whole team. It was very conversational! Overall it was a positive experience, everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1) why are you interested in this position?
      2) please list your previous research experiences and what was your role   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed by two managers at the same time. Interview was a series of questions and also asking about myself and my background. Questions regarding why I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• How did i display leadership?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Group Interview, very friendly. Was asked multiple questions and everyone takes turn giving their answers. Coordinators are super awesome and sweet!

All the questions are very random and interesting. One of the question I remember was about if you prefer working alone or in a team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

This was through my school, so I interviewed with the person in charged in my school. It was through a nursing program where we were able to do an internship at kaiser for 10 weeks

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.