Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Updated Nov. 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 505 of over 505 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Group interview, very easy process and was fun collecting books for the other candidates. Manager was very nice and understanding and I found out I was offered the job very fast.

Interview Questions
  • What animal would you be and why?
    Answer Question

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

I was initially hired seasonally so it was a quick process. Phone call to set up a date and time, then an in person interview. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me but I imagine this depends on the specific interviewer's personality. Felt casual like a coffee chat more than a stressful interview.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths and weaknesses Why indigo Past experience Situational customer service questions Favourite book Favourite book genre What are you currently reading

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON)

Interview

When I interviewed at Indigo, it was done in a group setting. It was very chill and relaxing which makes the entire process less nerve-racking so you're able to open up more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Group interview, lots of ice breakers. Overall a positive experience and it gave a good look at how the managers work. As it was a seasonal position, the process was sped up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Burlington, ON) in Oct. 2022

Interview

Had two interviews in two different locations, and both question components were actually quite different. First interview was with 4 people (didn't get an offer), second interview with about 11 people (got an offer!). It always started with traditional interview questions (they pick out from a list they have already in front of them, if you want to prepare for some, try to look through the other interviewees' descriptions on here and use the questions they wrote down. Though if you’re preparing then don't make the mistake I did and take 10 hours on preparing answers to just those, I got surprised with questions I didn't see on Glassdoor.) First interview then had two activities, the first being where pairs were made, and one person had to verbally describe an image and the other had to try to draw the image based on what their partner told them. Ex: if the image was a flower, we had to say something like "Draw a circle in the middle of the page" while not showing them the image. Next activity was to get assigned a partner and to get them a gift. First time I had to pick a gift for my partner, the second I had to pick two gifts for my partner’s best friend. My sort of “trick” for the two gifts was to pick an object and a book. I don’t really think it’s necessary at all, but I used it to show that I knew both components of Indigo. I also made sure to pick a book I knew about and read, so I could show I could promote a book. I'm kind of going to write the next part as like a tip page based on my experience if anybody is here to prepare for their Indigo interview, so if you aren't you can just skip! Just remember to not treat other interviewees as competition, and to be overall friendly and positive, Indigo values that a lot! Don't be intimidated if other people have more workplace experience, the questions are also very answerable with school or volunteer jobs. Also try to answer all the questions asked or as much as you can if you're realllly stumped (even if they say it's optional, it shows initiative). Also actively listen to the other candidates' stories and pay attention to them! Now I think one of my dealbreakers for my first interview I failed was lack of confidence. I was confident coming in but was around very experienced adults which made me very nervous and I was stuttering and jittering my leg a lot, and just looked straight at one interviewer with my hands on my thighs while talking, which the interviewer saw. I learned from that though, and was much more confident in my second interview, talked with my hands, looked at everyone while telling my stories. I know it can be nerve-wracking of course but try your best not to be nervous! What helped me was acting like I was just in a campfire telling stories (but still sticking with job skills and professional values of course).

Interview Questions
  • If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be and why?
  • Who is someone you think is a good leader, and why?
  • Tell me about a conflict with a peer and how you resolved it
  • Tell me about a project that did not work as planned and how you fixed it
  • Tell me about another loyalty program than Plum Plus
  • Introduce yourself, why you want to work with us, and a fun fact about you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON) in Oct. 2022

Interview

met virtually. interview was very casual. they are looking for seasonal help and I prefer full time. met virtually. interview was very casual. they are looking for seasonal help and I prefer full time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Waterloo, ON) in Sep. 2022

Interview

The most fun and relaxing interviews I've had. I work at the waterloo indigo, all the staff members are absolutely amazing and supportive. I was hired as a seasonal but I truly love the vibes of our team. #indigoemployee

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC)

Interview

Focus on your ability to "story tell" and bundle items organically. I was engaged as a seasonal employee during the holiday season, then was asked to stay-on part-time. Sit-down group interview, followed by enacted customer experience scenarios where you scan the store for items and try to pitch them. Customer service is highly important.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Very interesting questions asked with ease to modify. Behavioural typical questions as well. Creative and personable interview style. Follow up was slow with recruiter however once inquiry placed, a quick answer back.

Interview Questions
  • Which areas of indigo associate culture descriptors do you most looking forward to?

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Burnaby, BC) in Sep. 2022

Interview

The whole process was smooth and fun, very different from work processes in general. It was a group audition with activities such as: looking for an object that represents who you are; find an object that represents one of the participants we had the opportunity to meet. Everyone felt comfortable expressing their ideas and was actively heard by the people who conducted the audition.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 505 Interviews

Indigo Books & Music Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Indigo Books & Music as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.46 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Seasonal Customer Experience Representative and Customer Experience Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Indigo Books & Music takes an average of 12 days when considering 666 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Seasonal Customer Experience Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 8 days), whereas Customer Experience Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Indigo Books & Music according to 666 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 37.24%