Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Indigo Books & Music

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brossard, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Brossard, QC).

Interview

An individual process, no group meeting like other comments here, Everything went super well, the manager was super chill and really liked me. Asked me why Indigo and who am I as a person, what is teamwork to me. She said it was most likely a yes and that she would come back to me in a day or two.

Very relax!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (hobbies, etc.)
      Why Indigo?
      What is teamwork to you?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Fun and friendly group interview process. Based on sharing, listening and connecting. We all enjoyed it. Hiring managers and candidates, alike. The process definitely was not what I expected but I was pleased.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal manager look like?   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Questions

• The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON) in November 2020.

Interview

There was a quick two-question introduction interview, followed by a group interview session, and pick a gift game for one of your fellow interviewees. It was a long process, it took 1 hour and half to get through the entire interview.

They emphasized on storytelling, but I'm not sure how that translates to being a good customer service representative.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was in a group interview setting with other candidates. A phone interview was originally scheduled but then switched to a group interview. Manager was very nice and kind. Asked regular interview questions. Calm and supportive environment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Ottawa, ON) in October 2020.

Interview

It was a group interview and we were each asked a few questions. There was some role playing and we were asked to go find some items that represented us. They asked us our availability as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not meet a deadline   1 Answer

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was called in for a group interview that was held within the store in which I applied. There were various questions to answer in group followed by some team work exercises.

Interview Questions

Interview

Just receive a phone call, ready to move on next step!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

It was definitely not your traditional one-on-one talking interview. First, there was a recorded video interview and then, if you got past that, you were off to the group audition. There were about 10 of us if I remember correctly and they had us do a mixture of group discussions as well as activities such as finding something that you would give as a gift to one of the other applicants

Interview Questions

• Find something that you would give as a gift to this person   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kanata, ON) in September 2020.

Interview

I found the job opportunity through Indeed. I received an email a couple of days later calling me for a group interview that week. I attended the interview with 3 interviewers and 4 other applicants (5 with me included). Due to COVID, everyone wore a mask and sat far apart. They didn't do some of the regular activities they said they regularly do (not sure what they are). The interviewer asked a few questions to the group, and then "put us on the spot" so to speak to ask us individual questions while in the group. I think they liked me because I showed knowledge and confidence but I didn't dominate the room. Importantly, with the gift curating, I was able to come up with gifts that I was able to put into a theme (e.g., I got the baby shower, and I chose a baby bath robe, baby oil and mug, explaining how this is an "after bath routine", where the parent can dry the baby, and massage her/him with the oil, and drink hot chocolate/tea with the mug after putting baby to sleep).

Interview Questions

• Does anyone know about the history of Indigo?   Answer Question
    • What was something interesting you learned about Indigo while doing your research?   Answer Question
    • What was the favourite team you ever worked with?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your ideal boss?   Answer Question
    • If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question
    • Everyone was asked to get a gift or gifts within a budget for specific occasions given to each person, such as a baby shower, wedding, college graduate, birthday party, thank you gift, etc., and then explain (as a storyteller) why you chose those gifts.   Answer Question
    • What is a fun fact about you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.