Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 429 of over 429 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews - one group interview and a second one-on-one interview. Group interview was mainly icebreakers with a few "interview" style questions. Can't see how they could actually get a good sense of anyone in this setting, so I think it was basically a way to feel out who was comfortable in a group setting.

Interview Questions
  • Recent book you read, best way to help customers
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Scarborough, ON) in Sep 2021

Interview

Probably the most relaxed interview I have ever been to! Everyone sits in a circle amongst the interviewers and start off with icebreakers (3 facts about yourself, favourite animal/what animal you think you would be). We then went into a "lightning round" where a question was asked and whoever wanted to answer could. The questions included: 1. Describe a time where you solved a technology problem using technology. 2. Describe a time you felt overwhelmed with deadlines and how you overcame it. 3. What is your favourite subscription and why? We then got partnered up and had to "shop" for one another an appropriate gift that fit what each partner was looking for. Then the floor was opened up for the interviewees to ask questions about the job and what it entailed/hours/breaks.

Interview Questions
  • What is a book you read within the last year that you really enjoyed?

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Group interview beginning with questions about ourselves, past experience, accomplishments, etc. Gifting activity where we got a partner, learned a bit about each other for a couple minutes, and got each other “gifts” from around the store which reflected how we understood each other Team work activity

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

It was a group interview where we were asked to do some activities and answer questions. We sat in a circle and they asked questions and we also did some activities where we had to walk around the store and get an "birthday present" for other teammate.

Interview Questions
  • Introducing yourself, what would you get for your best friend (choosing one item in the store), a book that represents you as a person, what would you cook for the team

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

It was a phone interview. The recruiter is nice and gives a good response to my answers but behavioral questions are hard. It was a phone interview. The recruiter is nice and gives a good response to my answers but behavioral questions are hard.

Interview Questions
  • - detail-oriented experience -a situation when you lack information to make a decision

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Burnaby, BC) in Aug 2021

Interview

It was a great audition. The hosts are so friendly and nice to us. All the questions are around scenarios and psychology questions. They also get back to me very fast.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about yourself Tell us about one of your memorable vacations If you can be an object in a grocery store, what would you be? If you have to make advice for choosing a gift for a 60 years old grandma who loves to cook, what will you recommend?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

There were 8 of us for a group interview. They took us off-site and sat us in a circle. It started off with the GM introducing herself and then we all went around and introduced ourselves and what drew us to apply to indigo. And then she went straight into the availability so we did that for minutes. Then it was the question time... which was surprisingly easy. The hour and 30 minutes flew by so quick.

Interview Questions
  • What book impacted you and you would recommend to everyone?
  • When was a time that you had to deal with conflicting deadlines and how did you deal with it?
  • Partner up and come up a with random story about a given image (2-3 minutes)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Richmond Hill, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

A very easy interview process. I went on the indigo.ca site and found job availabilities, the one I applied to was in Hillcrest, Richmondhill, Ontario and I got an invite to an audition 1 or 2 days later. The audition was held in two different parts, the first one where they asked us one simple question: why would you want to work here? We were more than 20 people at first I don't remember the exact amount but we were at least 25, maybe more, and they only kept 12 of us based on the availability sheet we filled at the beginning of the audition and our answer to that first question. The second phase was simply just a conversation between everyone, we took turns talking and did this exercise where we had to buy a gift for one of the other people in the audition based off of a 1 minute conversation.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is great customer service Did you ever experience an exceptional customer service experience? If so, what? What did you do to get ready for this interview or audition? Why would you want to work at Indigo (other than the fact that you all love books because they know most people are bookworms) Have you ever experienced a conflict in a work situation or in your personal life, if yes, what would you do to solve it

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

a group interview with about 8 others, where we answered questions voluntarily and searched the store to show knowledge of its products. very chill vibe, low stress level for actual interview would apply again

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in Jul 2021

Interview

I was invited to a group interview to "audition" for a position as a customer experience representative. There were 10 people in my group. We started with introducing ourselves. We were then asked one question at random. I was asked what animal I would be and why. This was the only question I was asked in the interview. Others were asked similar questions and then some other people were asked questions that would be relevant to working in customer service. We then did a few different activities. First, we were put into small groups where we had to pitch the rewards program to one another. Only a few people were asked to say their pitch to the whole group. After this we were partnered up and had to "shop" for the other person and say why we picked each item to the group once everyone had finished this task. The third task that we did was putting items back into their correct place on the shelves. We were able to use whatever resources we needed like asking employees, looking up the item location at the kiosks, looking as signage, etc. The last task that we were asked to do was to place items on the shelf based off of a template we were given. The template also included other instructions but we just had to follow what it said and put items in specific places on a shelf for this activity. We were placed into two different groups for this task. I learned in the interview that there were two other groups that had been or were going to be interviewed (so around 30 people would be interviewed) and that there were only six positions that they were looking to fill. I found that the interview was not difficult but just very different than any interview I have participated in mostly because there were not a lot of questions asked and it was all activity focused. I also found it odd that they were interviewing so many people because there were very few positions available and because the positions were part-time retail position. I'm not sure if other stores or businesses do this as well but this was my first time experiencing this (the group interview done this particular way and the large number of people interviewed for the few roles) and that is why I found it a little odd.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of animal would you be any why? What do you do if you disagree with a co-worker? What do you do if you're dealing with a difficult customer? What's something that makes you mad?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 429 Interviews