Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Indigo Books & Music Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 54 of over 408 interviews

Recruiter2%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

It was a group interview, so about seven other people were there. It honestly wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Made new friends regardless of not getting the job.

Interview Questions
  • Find two items around the store (a book and a non book item) that describes who you are
    1 Answer

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in Jun 2021

Interview

Pretty much the same as how everyone else described. Icebreaker questions, activities where you find an item that speaks to you, and then an item that you'd gift to another candidate. At the end we were all told we'd be emailed whether or not we had been selected because they "think it's the right thing to do to contact us no matter what", but of course I never got emailed back so I guess they don't care that it's the right thing to do. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me

Interview Questions
  • What's a situation where you went above and beyond in customer service?

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Really interactive group interview. We were asked to go around the store and pick out something for the person next to us based on what we learned about them during their introduction.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Prescreening phone interview, group audition, ice breaker question, job related questions, activity to select item in store for partner, activity to promote a subscription service, received phone call saying I got the job about 2 hours later

Interview Questions
  • Greatest accomplishment from last job, someone who inspires you, name a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it,

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Laid back and fun. Was called for a group interview. They had ice breaker activities and it was overall very casual. Questions were behavioural and life-based. I wouldn’t worry too much about the interview and just try your best to be yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

Group interview lasting around 2 hours with various social aspects to assess customer service skills. Activities included recommending books to other interviewees, group discussions, and team work exercises. Included a tour of the store.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Indigo Books & Music

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music

Interview

You interview in a group with various phases. There are questions asked to the group, there is a group activity to play/do together and then simulating helping customers on the floor. Very low-stress, kind leadership from staff and room to show who you are! My first group interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is a book you've read recently? What did you like about it?

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied in September, got offer in November for a seasonal position. The interview was in store and lasted about 1.5 hours. It was pretty chill, there weren't and difficult questions. The first section was where we were asked basic interview questions like, why do you want to work at Indigo? How did you handle a difficult customer at your previous work? Talk about a time when you forgot a deadline or made a mistake, and how you resolved the situation. The second question was a lot of fun and more hands on. We were asked to go roam around the store and pick a book we enjoy, then we were asked to do a short introduction of the book, and why we picked it. After that, we exchanged books with another applicant and had to look for two items within the store that you would recommend based on the book you were holding. After coming back, we did a short explanation on why we chose the items we did. Got my offer within the next few days of the interview, so it was quite a swift process other than the initial interview offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Ottawa, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

It was a group interview and we were each asked a few questions. There was some role playing and we were asked to go find some items that represented us. They asked us our availability as well.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you did not meet a deadline
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB) in Oct 2020

Interview

Video interview by yourself, then group interview. Questions were pretty easy, just had to one up everyone else in the group interview. It was seasonal so they hired a lot of people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Interviews