ICON Creative Studio Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICON Creative Studio

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio

Interview

It was overall ok. Had to schedule another time since some people didn't show up to the first interview. Salary was never mentioned and I was asked to look into it myself and come back with an answer from them, never got a solid answer on that. They gave good info on what the job was like and what was expected. I could see the enthusiasm coming from the people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to tell them about myself.
    Answer Question

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio

Interview

Talking to the team at ICON was really really nice, everyone was extremely friendly and it was just like talking to your friends. It went on very naturally and it didn't feel like an interview at all.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my general process when working, and they also wanted to get to know me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2021

Interview

First you talk with HR, and really I talked about if I was willing to relocate to BC. Then I spoke to the lighting and Compositing supervisor, asked me some questions about my reel, he shared things about the project currently running over there. I ask some technical questions. And it was it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio

Interview

They called, then they set up an interview. They gave me their emails to have for future reference. They told me right away I wasn’t the candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio in May 2021

Interview

The interviewers outlined the shows they were responsible for and what would be expected of me as a Junior Animator. They then asked me questions about my work and myself. The second half of the interview was talking with the HR Rep about salary and other more practical issues.

Interview Questions
  • What was my preference in animation style, as this would affect which show I would be a better fit for.

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio

Interview

Two people interviewed me. The Lighting Supervisor and the Recruiter sat side by side and interviewed me. Took turns asking questions about my past experiences and my knowledge on Nuke and Maya.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ICON Creative Studio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied in Feb 2021, less than a week later I had been contacted for an interview. The interview happened online 3 days later. They had invited 6 people to talk to me and only 2 attended. Very easy and laid back, the artists were very easy to conversate with. Unfortunately, they require all employees to live in the B.C. area even though they were all working from home. Moving across the country in less than two weeks during the pandemic was not something I could do. Also, the pay offer was extremely low. It was less than what most Interns I know make.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

They called me by phone for the interview. I took the interview with HR and the senior animator. The employers were so friendly and the atmosphere was gentle. It was took about 15 mins with the senior animator and 10 mins for pay with HR.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

It started with a simple greeting and then Introducing myself. They asked why you want to work for us, what is your strength and what is your weakness. After all, we discuss salary.

Interview Questions
  • What is the weakness of your works?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Creative Studio (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

Was tested on Python scripting knowledge with a couple of questions. Had a review of the demo reel to explore my knowledge and technique used for production. All this was coupled with some standard questions from recruitment about my equipment, my salary expectations, their expectations for moving cities and the job etc

Interview Questions
  • Talk us through your demo reel and tell us what you think is most notable about it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews