Harrods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation and then you are called to attend the assessment centre. This will be a group interview of max. 15 people and will last approximately one hour.
    If successful after a telephone/video interview, you may be asked to meet with one of our recruiters. This will be a face-to-face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.If successful after an assessment centre or resourcing interview, you will be invited to a line manager interview. This will be a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you imagine your working day would be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Video interview the phone call to the head office to interview.
    It was a group assessment with real situation where we had to give our opinion and what we would do. It then followed by a one on one interview, where I had talk through my experience and why would i be the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Have self introduction, and then group exercise, also have mock sales test as well, they will give you a list of thing you have and try to sell the proper one to the custermor.

Interview Questions

• I have a kid and wana buy her one bad as a birthday gift. which one you wanna choose?   Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was invited to do a video interview, this involved answering 6 questions such as avaliability, previous job role, customer experience skills etc. Within 4 days i recieved an email stating that I was successful and was invited to the AC for a group interview. The AC was definitely easier than I expected! We worked in a group of 4 and discussed 4 situations together while the assessors watched us and made notes. We were then called individually for a one on one interview with the assessor, this included roughly 7/8 questions. I was quite nervous and did trip up on my words, but I tried my best to answer the questions as best as possible. I recieved a phone call 5 days later with an offer to work in womenswear. Definitely prepare your answers to these questions before you start your interview. Goodluck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have given magical customer service
      What is your work experience?
      What do you love doing?
      What passion can you share about Harrods with the customers?
      How can you deliver quality customer service while being time efficient?
      What is your favourite department in Harrods?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Applied online. Was called a little over a week later and had a quick phone interview. Was then asked to come in for a group assessment. In the group assessment, there were a total of 4 managers and assistant managers and an HR person that were taking notes. They were really nice so it wasn't too intimidating. We were asked questions and were given a few short tasks/presentations that we had to do individually. We were also given a few tasks/presentations that we did as groups. Overall I had a pretty good experience with this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • You have 1 minute to think of how to sell an item that is given to you and 30 seconds to present to the group how you would sell this item.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

After having had an interview with the manager of the brand where I applied for the sales associate role, a few days later Harrods sent me an email for the Store Approval Assessment Centre . At the store approval we were 8 people. This group interview was simple, they asked us to make an initial presentation and after we were divided into 2 groups of 4 people. There were 4 questions about customer service to discuss with our group members. After we had the 1:1 interview. After your Assessment Centre, they aim to contact you in 3 working days but guess what? More than two weeks have passed since my Assessment Center and NO ONE contacted me, at this point I know that I was not successful, BUT at least I deserved to receive an email with a feedback about my interview. VERY unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you delivered excellent customer service ?   Answer Question

19 Oct, 2017 – Store Approvals Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
    I am sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We are working hard to continuously improve our candidate journey... More

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I was put forward by the brand for a Store Approval interview. I supposed to be contacted within 3 working days now over 2 weeks latter still no respond. I have tried to call several times nobody picks up ever it just say we are experiencing high call volume, so please email us etc. I have emailed several times also with no respond. I understand that they are very busy but at least they can email you back 2 weeks is more then enough to sand you a standard email that you have been unsuccessful rather then keeping you in the dark, and keep you waiting. Also interview was not even dressed smart or looked like she works for Harrods.

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

19 Oct, 2017 – Store Approvals Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
    I am sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. I would very much like to speak to you about your experience in... More

Transaction Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, face to face.
    Such a joke, interviewers were late. I was interviewed in a loud, busy area so I could barely hear anyone and feedback was just ridiculous. Could've saved time by actually reading my CV properly

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

21 Aug, 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and are disappointed that your interview experience did not live up to expectation.
    We want our line managers to ensure a... More

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harrods (West Kensington, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

Firstly we had a team building exercise. Then we had two role plays where we had to play the role of a Concierge locating a missing dress for a resident and showing how we would locate the missing dress and how we would console the customer,

The interview took fours hours

Interview Questions

• Give an example of exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied online for this role after seeing it advertised. I received a call from an HR Specialist regarding an interview a week later. Great interview, thorough in their search for talent yet inviting in the interview. About 2 weeks later was invited back for a second interview. The day after the second interview I was offered the role within the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe in more detail what you did in your previous position?
      Do you feel that you have any skill gaps in your CV in relation to the role?   Answer Question