Harrods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec, 2018

2.7

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation and then you are called to attend the assessment centre. This will be a group interview of max. 15 people and will last approximately one hour.
    If successful after a telephone/video interview, you may be asked to meet with one of our recruiters. This will be a face-to-face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.If successful after an assessment centre or resourcing interview, you will be invited to a line manager interview. This will be a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you imagine your working day would be?   1 Answer

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in July-2017.

Interview

I applied online for this role after seeing it advertised. I received a call from an HR Specialist regarding an interview a week later. Great interview, thorough in their search for talent yet inviting in the interview. About 2 weeks later was invited back for a second interview. The day after the second interview I was offered the role within the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe in more detail what you did in your previous position?
      Do you feel that you have any skill gaps in your CV in relation to the role?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October-2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online on their website and was contacted the following day with an invitation to an interview. It was a brief discussion of my CV, then some brief questions about my availability over the Christmas period. General questions such as why do I want to work here, where abouts I live and how I would get to and from work. Nothing too much.

Waitress Interview

Interview

there's no group interview, only one to one interview.
    the HR ask some questions on her list. and then free to go.
    she didn't ask me to self introduction.
    and tell me two days after will inform me the result.

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

16 Nov, 2017 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

When recruiting for our hospitality division, we run group assessments to allow candidates to be assessed in a number of different... More

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in October-2013.

Interview

online application, hand in CV. you go into their hammersmith office with other people that are in different departments of harrods and talk about the department you are applying for. there is also a chance for other potential employees to ask you questions. it is almost like selling the company you are working for. there is also a person that call you the day before to remind you for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in February-2012.

Interview

Very difficult. Three interviews. Must know english cery well . Exceptional service required even if it was a cafe.,polite but not kindly. They expect too much from what they want. Good salary

Too many working hours

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in January-2015.

Interview

2 stage, in two crappy rooms with no air con.
    Nice people but completely mis sold
    technical then soft skills interview but i shouldnt of bothered.
    Discussed salary and process of hiring and what makes a good harrods employee.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June-2014.

Interview

Applied online and found the whole online application process of CV submission, email notification and phone call to very smooth and highly professional.Had a phone interview and then face-to-face. Very professional throughout. Fantastic and very down to earth people from HR to the potential team members.

IT Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods in November-2016.

Interview

Met with friendly, engaging interviewers. From an interview point of view it was a good experience.

My issues arose post interview. Despite chasing the recruitment team, I received no feedback or contact regarding their decision, worse still the first I heard that I would not be offered the role was a third party company asking me to 'rate my experience' having been through their recruitment process!!! Priceless.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from Financial Services to Retail   Answer Question

Harrods Response

13 Feb, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm sorry to learn that your recruitment process wasn't satisfactory. If you would like to receive the feedback from your interview process... More

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in April-2017.

Interview

The initial interview was via a video link. Questions on screen, talk into the camera. The process was totally lacking in any human contact and suited to a younger applicant probably. They did follow up with a face to face which was much much better. Interviewer very professional and friendly at same time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.