Harrods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Harrods Interview Questions

Updated 1 Dec, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation and then you are called to attend the assessment centre. This will be a group interview of max. 15 people and will last approximately one hour.
    If successful after a telephone/video interview, you may be asked to meet with one of our recruiters. This will be a face-to-face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.If successful after an assessment centre or resourcing interview, you will be invited to a line manager interview. This will be a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you imagine your working day would be?   1 Answer

Christmas Temporary Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through indeed, got invited for a video interview, then an interview with an assistant manager. The day after my second interview I got called with an offer of employment and asked when I was available to work. I had to attend a two day compulsory induction.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked at Harrods before?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this department?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved their problem   Answer Question

Summer Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

SJT Tests, Video interview and then Assessment centre.
    SJT tests are pretty straightforward, you can practice them online. The video interview is made up of 5 questions, on your availability and then some competency based questions where you are expected to use past experiences. The assessment centre focussed on group tasks, a presentation and an individual interview. The group tasks focuses on your ability to work in a team and your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've given or received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went through the application part, it was easy. You just add your cv, ask was languages you can speak etc. Then you have an online assessment, and I found that easy. Imagine, I’ve never worked for a retail company apart from a little independent shop and I passed the assessment. Just remember, the customer always comes first. I passed the assessment and they requested me to do a video interview. I was going to do the video interview but I didn’t do it. These are the questions that I can remember from the online assessment

Interview Questions

• You’re with a customer and they’re trying on an expensive watch, another customer comes and says they ordered something and they have come to pick it up. What do you do   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Interview

there's no group interview, only one to one interview.
    the HR ask some questions on her list. and then free to go.
    she didn't ask me to self introduction.
    and tell me two days after will inform me the result.

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

16 Nov, 2017 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

When recruiting for our hospitality division, we run group assessments to allow candidates to be assessed in a number of different... More

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harrods in November-2017.

Interview

Interview with the line manager lasted around 30-45 minutes. Very professional and friendly. A lot of competency based questions so make sure you have examples and do your research. But overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you offered excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time when a customer made a special request that didn't comply with the company's policy?   Answer Question
    • Example of a mistake you made at work and owned up to it   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to complete a video interview online. Told me to prepare reading about harrods and why I would be suitable for the role. The video interview gives a certain amount of time to answer each questions but only once, they do give a practice interview question to see how you look on camera.

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied online via the Harrods website which required some personal details, then took an initial questionnaire about different scenarios all relating to customer service, and what I would do in the various situations.

Within a few days, I received an email with a link to complete a video interview which consisted of several standard questions.

After around 1.5 weeks, I was then invited to attend their group assessment centre where there were around 10 other candidates. The group assessment was enjoyable which started with an introduction of the company, list of staff benefits, then went straight into an icebreaker activity to introduce ourselves one by one including our favourite department at Harrods. We then broke up into groups where there was an assessor on each table, observing and taking notes on our discussion as a group as each person took turns to contribute their answer. There were several scenarios we had to discuss as a group which took up the longest portion of the assessment centre.

Finally, we were assigned with the individual task to talk about a time when we had to provide exceptional service to a customer with efficiency, which was followed by a short 1:1 interview around my experience, passion for Harrods and customer service.

Overall, it was a very interactive and fun learning experience - and one that was well organised and efficiently run.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to Harrods and how do you see yourself sharing this passion with other colleagues?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods in November-2017.

Interview

It was very good. Must be well prepared and confident but most importantly stay relaxed and try to answer the tasks directly. Also follow the dress code very strictly and look presentable.

Summer Sales Temp Interview

Interview

You send in your CV and details at and a brief answer as to why Harrods.
    Then if successful, you are invited for a video Interview and then call in for actual interview

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver Harrods luxury service as a temp?   Answer Question