Garmin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 24 Nov, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

smooth process, the basic HR questions. ask some questions about your resume and almost questions you could find in the website. And there are many videos in the website about these kind of questions. you could find them in the youtube. The answers are already in the website

Other Interview Reviews for Garmin

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a company recruiter. The interview was an hour long mix of behavioral and technical questions. Technical questions mainly about simple definitions about concepts like object oriented programming, memory management, and operating systems. One coding question was asked about array manipulation and the optimization of said manipulation.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most complex thing about designing an embedded system, like a fitness band?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Consisted of a technical and behavioral interview. The technical part consisted of a program on a sheet of paper. You had to identify what the program was doing, where the bug is at, and how to optimize the program.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garmin (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

I held an hour phone interview about general behavioral questions. Very simple questions. The tech interview was roughly 45 minutes. It was held over skype and asked general questions such as what static is, what is the different between a public, protected, and private function, etc. They may ask different situations you've had to code HTML, Java, or CSS, etc. There were two developers on Skype asking me questions. They were extremely friendly and if I needed help they gave examples.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline or get an offer yet, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Application

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a career fair. Had two on Campus Interviews the next day: One Technical, One HR. Very relaxed. Got phone call with Offer a couple weeks later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ (US)).

Interview

Pretty standard Software Engineer Intern interview experience. I had my technical interview well before my HR phone screen which I thought was very odd. During the technical interview the two guys conducting my interview left the room.. which I thought was also very odd. This defeats the purpose of seeing how I solve the problem and only looks at my solution.

Interview Questions

• If you were to develop a very large project, where would you begin?   Answer Question
    • If a program is running slowly on a computer which has a large amount of memory and processing power, how would you speed it up? Logic cannot be simplified.   1 Answer
    • In C, write a function that takes a 16 bit integer as input and outputs it's ascii value   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter with typical HR questions about background, experience, etc. Was told that they would get back to me the following week to setup a call with the development team, and that the entire process would be about 3 weeks. Never heard back, and the recruiter never responded to a followup email asking about the status of things.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews and then one on-site interview. It took a week for the HR to get back. I accepted the offer right it's more than what i asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Started with 2 hr interviews. Mentioned a game that I wrote in my spare time, they loved it. They had me come to KC KS for an interview. The coding question was elementary. Theoretical questions touched subject matter no higher than Data Structure questions, such as stack vs. queue, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a stack and a queue?   1 Answer
    • What is a situation that might result in a stack overflow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their initial offer was much more than I anticipated, I accepted it with no further regard.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, technical phone interview by person in group. On site interview with any interested groups, pretty standard. Very smart people, and know what they are looking for in a candidate, which is refreshing. More interested in your background and abilities than ability to solve (memorize solutions to) mind melting puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Mostly background information from the resume. Each round had 2 technical questions.   Answer Question