73% would recommend to a friend
(1378 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and there is no shortage of challenging work to be had." (in 252 reviews)
- "They have really great people working there and produce really cool products." (in 154 reviews)
- "Great work eviorment and culture!" (in 87 reviews)
- "Friendly culture with good work/life balance" (in 78 reviews)
- "Good work environment and lots to do" (in 44 reviews)
- "Low pay and small yearly raises like 25 to 50 cents per hour if you can manage to get one." (in 93 reviews)
- "Low Salaries and Kansas is a boring place to work." (in 68 reviews)
- "The management at the NKC contact center is horrible with a couple of exceptions." (in 62 reviews)
- "Your experience depends greatly on your manager; some managers are great and working for them is great." (in 28 reviews)
- "No bonus given." (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Garmin and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,378 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Intermediate Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCochrane, AB
The work culture here is really great! It is the "outdoorsy" person's dream. You get to work on interesting things and then use them yourself in your own adventures.
Every job has its gripes. Some of the code here is fairly legacy and can be annoying to work with.
- 5.0Jul 5, 2023Embedded Test Software EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCochrane, AB
Office was really, good active culture, really good benefits
Office being in Cochrane can make commuting difficult if you aren't a fan of living in Cochrane.
- 4.0May 21, 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsCochrane, AB
Great culture, people and benefits. Really nice facilities and environment. Cool products and employee discounts. Hybrid WFH policy.
Compensation below market rates. New hires get better pay than existing employees. Too strict HR policies, not open to negotiation. Too many processes and procedures which make software development sluggish and impacts ability to innovate.1
- 5.0Oct 31, 2022Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great Culture Benefits Work-life balance Focus on career development
Some teams are understaffed Can be overloaded at times because of this
- 5.0Apr 12, 2022Junior Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeCochrane, AB
Nice offices, younger staff, variety of engineers, products are interesting, good culture
Not much variety of technology to work on in the software side. It's all embedded and that's it.
- 4.0Apr 25, 2022Senior Product AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCochrane, AB
company culture, good people, good benefits
Lack of movement, top down decision making
- 5.0Sept 24, 2021Hardware Design EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsCochrane, AB
Great EE experience. Got to learn lots about low-power, RF, optical, analog and digital design techniques
The management is sometimes undecided and it is hard as an EE to make everybody happy.
Garmin Reviews FAQs
Garmin has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,649 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Garmin to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
73% of Garmin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Garmin 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.