Exchange Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Entire interview process took 1.5 weeks. First was an HR call to determine fit of skills and culture to role. HR person was ready with a few specific technical questions prepared by technical hiring manager. HR person was pleasant, personable and very open about the rest of the interview process, said he would schedule an in person interview soon.

After that, an in person interview was scheduled involving the Director of Engineering and Technical Lead that very same week! Had to do some live coding (somewhat difficult but doable if you know your CS concepts well) and some white-boarding (involving design and approach to domain problem). Emphasis is placed on determining your CS fundamentals (object oriented design, SOLID principles, etc ). Nothing too crazy. This was followed by a technical review of my CV and experience. Later met with CTO and SVP of Technology.

Was given offer a few days later and accepted. HR was very accommodating and patient with me while we prepared for my start date. Every person I met was very kind and sweet.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented design problem. Questions about my experience. My approach to testing. Why Exchange Solutions? + A few others.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Mississauga, ON) in June 2018.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn with the job posting and we set up a time to have a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and was just a brief pre-screening to see if there was a mutual fit.

I went in for an interview and spoke with the recruiter for approximately 30 minutes then had another 45 minutes with upper management. Overall it was a positive experience and they were organized and gave me thoughtful responses.

Currently waiting to see if I made the short list for the next round of interviews.

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone to set up an interview time and a week later I had my interview. The office was very well decorated I must say. Two people interviewed me separately. I was very comfortable with the whole process and felt free to ask any questions about the company. Both behavioral and role related questions were asked. Everyone I met at the company was nice to me and it was a pleasant experience. The interview ended by letting me know I will be contacted for the next step.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions in July 2018.

Interview

It was a short phone call as the first step, about 10 min, where they tried to get the most basic information out from my experience, skillset, goals, future aspirations etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your most recent work experience!! Why are you looking for new opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step was the one to one HR interview and then there was a technical interview with the technology directors. The last stage was the interview with the VP technology.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks, I was contacted by HR first for a phone pre-screen interview, then came in for face to face interview. I met with HR first, followed by 2 solution architects. Then I came in again next week for the last round interview with my report-to manager, followed by the director and a solution architect.

Interview Questions

• Almost everything related to web development, front-end, api, database, do come in prepared ! There're white board and coding questions as well, very interesting ones.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions.

Interview

The final interview was divided into 2 parts - one with the HR manager and next with Technical Manager. Both asked fairly easy questions and asked questions about resume, education and projects. Both were very easygoing and friendly interviewers and there was no air of intimidation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you were most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred into ESI by an agent. I went through the phone screen and then got a face to face interview with the director I was going to report to. He grilled me with technical questions which I missed half and half. Another part was some coding on white board. After that I had another interview with another director and the VP which was also very casual and some more questions on my experience and less technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the 4 principles of object oriented programming   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me something a lot more than what I was earning so I didn't even negotiate.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I had Phone screening with HR and later i got a call from from HR for SQL assessment.After assessment there will be technical round.Later you have final round with higher executives

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions (Toronto, ON) in June 2015.

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter that scheduled an interview with Exchange Solutions. The recruiter was considerate about my availability and got my first interview within a week.

There was an sql assessment followed by an interview with HR.

HR was amazing with explaining the work environment, values, job description and was very nice. I was very happy with the interview process. The experience was different from my previous interviews.

Client Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exchange Solutions in May 2015.

Interview

The job interview process started with a phone interview with HR to discuss suitability. Following the the pre-screen, there was an in-person interview with HR to go over the company culture and a separate interview with a group hiring managers to go over specifics of the role and situation based questions. I was informed that there would be one last round of interviews with additional senior leaders and members of other business units and then they would be able to make a decision. To my surprise I was then asked to come in on 3 additional interviews on separate occasions to do more with additional senior leaders. In total I had interviews with 7-8 people and ultimately was told that the role was given to someone internally. I did not think it was necessary to be asked to come in for 6 rounds of interviews with 7-8 individuals for a less senior role at almost a month long process to be told it was decided to be passed to an internal hire. I do think that the hiring process for my role could have been handled more professionally and efficiently in terms of being respectful of my time and being clear/outlining expectations about the interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.