Devon Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Devon Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Devon Energy

2.8

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was very casual. I am not sure if it was to to get me comfortable or if it was a tactic to throw me off. It was very different from most interviews. It definitely changed up my typical responses. They focused on personality and drive more than resume specifics.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was great -- three person panel. They asked the basic questions that you are asked in any interview. From the receptionist to the 3 person panel, every one was super nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

Applied on my universities' website and then was invited to an on campus interview. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions. They later called me with the decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sam Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Sam Houston, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Went to office where I met with three people. A supervisor, a manager, and a level 3 accountant.
    Seemed very straight forward questions. Ex: name a situation where you had conflict etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute interview on college campus. Second round interview was at Devon tower, three separate interviews conducted by two people each. Each second round interview was 20 minutes long. Both interviews had many behavioral based and personality based questions. They want to know that you are good at working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an analytical person or a creative person and why?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in September 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Devon through a classmate and researched more on my own. I met with the recruiters at multiple job fairs and applied for an interview. They were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. I let them know I was very interested at every step of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Devon the most for your internship experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

Applied through my University Career website. Got accepted and scheduled an interview. I was interviewed by 2 Managers who were cool. I was told I will be contacted within weeks if I was chosen. Got a phone call about 2 weeks later by one of my interviewers offering me the position

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Asked about my experience and projects on my resume. Mostly behavioral questions. The only question I can remember is Tell me about a time where you took initiative   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it is an internship but the offer was good

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Stillwater, OK (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was mostly questions about me as an individual. My experience that I've had in other positions. School work that I've done that is relatable to the actual position. They asked a lot about my resume. I had two interviewers that interviewed me. Make sure you have questions when they ask if you have any questions.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Norman, OK (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through a job listing on my university's recruiting website. This involved simply submitting my resume. After that, I waited and was selected for an on campus interview. I then interviewed with this company on my university's campus. I waited for probably two weeks before hearing back from this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time where I had worked on a specific project. They wanted to know the technical details of the project and the problems that I encountered while I was working on the project. They also asked about past work experience, specifically what skills where involved in working at the past company.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 weeks. I applied through my schools career website and then was invited to interview with them. The interview questions weren't bad, just your basically behavioral questions. I heard back the next week about internship opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were asked to do something unethical and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.