Ciena Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 323 of over 323 interviews

Employee Referral16%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

Its been 2 round of interview first round has been included with technical and practical question on automation and virtualization topics and second round is based on Managerial round where we required to share our current work process

Interview Questions
  • Virtualization related questions and automation related questions
    Answer Question

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

It was a practical interview. The interviewer were really good and along with practical aspect many behaviour questions were also included. Overall it was a good interview of mid level difficulty

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself briefly, why are you interested in this job
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Ciena

Join the conversation on

Salary slab IT industry(India)

23d

works at

Nokia

Hi Fishers, My YOE 12+ , current CTC 36lac , currently working at Nokia as Solution Architect. I got 2 offers 1. Siemens, 42lac fixed + 2 lac variable + 2lac joining bonus as Solution Architect 2. Ciena , 49 lac fixed +6 lac variable + 1.5lac joining bonus as Product Manager Please suggest me which one will be good in respect of work culture , work life balace and job security. Is Siemens has very strict Work from Office culture ?Siemens Ciena

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

First will be contacted by HR to set-up initial screening interview, which is basic and the usual interview questions, why you looking for new role? salary expectations? why you are looking to move to Ciena? later next stage interview with the hiring manager, which goes more in depth and more specifics about the job role itself

Interview Questions
  • why you looking for new role? salary expectations? why you are looking to move to Ciena?

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

Went well. I have met the credit controller and my line manager. They have told me about my responsibilities and their expectations. I have been accepted as a contractor. I was very pleased and happy with the role they have offered.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ciena (Aberdeen, SD) in Mar 2022

Interview

Calls with possible peers as well as 4 levels of management. Conversations around job requirements and cultural fit. HR offer letter sent after verbal offer acceptance. Took approx 2 weeks for the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ciena (Baltimore, MD) in Mar 2022

Interview

Comfortable atmosphere and the hiring manager was easy to talk to during the interview. The interview was done via zoom and I enjoyed the interview because I was able to talk freely with no tension.

Interview Questions
  • How do I provide a piece of bad news to an employee? What is my 5 years goal How comfortable I am to give a presentation

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

It was Long process and very unclear.they did not communicate about the process. I got to the last step but they never got back to me or replied my email.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ciena (Pune) in Feb 2022

Interview

They have shared 4-5 coding questions to be implemented in JavaScript. In the next round, all the solutions were discussed with the interviewer, about the approach and run some test cases. Even though I answered him all the solutions. I have not received any feedback or update from them. It was a really bad experience.

Interview Questions
  • JavaScript coding questions like reverse words of a sentence, find the smallest missing positive number, peak element, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Ciena (Montreal, QC) in Feb 2022

Interview

Started with a description of how their system works and went to the questionnaire about how much you understand the concepts and process to achieve the result. The interview process with telephone interview followed by a technical interview. There are three senior managers for the tech interview.

Interview Questions
  • Experience-based questions, why are you interested in this job? What kind of methodology have you used in your previous projects? Hands-on experience questions. Synthesis of the design

Ciena

Application

I interviewed at Ciena

Interview

Phone interview -> 3 hours interview with 3 engineers in sequence After the interview, recruiter just disappeared. A week after I sent an email, saying that the position was already filled. Don't waste your time..

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 323 Interviews

Ciena Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ciena as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Developer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Engineer P&T (Embedded Software Engineer) and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ciena takes an average of 20 days when considering 95 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Software Engineer I roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ciena according to 95 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.23%