Centrica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Centrica Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jun, 2018

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South East England, England (UK)) in January-2013.

Interview

1st round: Numerical and verbal reasoning tests, followed by competency based assessment.
    2nd round: Interview with 2 senior managers (Directors) from the team. The subject matter is based on a case study meant to exemplify the typical expectations of the role.

1st round is a standard Pearson/similar verbal and numerical test where performance is ranked against others who have taken the same test.

The case study requires you to prepare responses to a few broad questions to help demonstrate your awareness of risk identification and the sort of best practice controls which might mitigate the risks.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt well with an adverse professional situation?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March-2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for 30 - 40 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. The questions were simple, mostly pertaining to experiences but I had to answer a number of followup questions which got tricky at times.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South West England, England (UK)) in February-2015.

Interview

Very friendly, but don't let this put you off, they are watching every move you make and won't be easily fooled! The team is very unified and every knows your reputation before you get to the Assessment Centre, The "calibrate" all candidates at all stages!

Be friendly, be genuine and be honest. Don't be afraid to talk or connect, don't be afraid of them, they felt like they wanted me to do well, and brought the best out of me.

Interview Questions

• How many letter would British Gas send out in a year?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Interviewed by a team of 3 people for about an hour. Asked behavioural questions about what I would do in certain situations. Asked technical questions about the energy sector and finance terms and concepts

Intern Interview

Interview

Telephone interview for summer program, questions based on past experiences and how you responded to them. Following the psychometric tests, the company will inform you if you have been selected for the telephone interviews and they last between 30-45 minutes. Ensure examples of previous experiences are different to those stated on application and give specific examples, not generic times when you have done something

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have been outside your comfort zone, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South East England, England (UK)) in June-2012.

Interview

assessment centre

Human Resources Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South West England, England (UK)) in February-2017.

Interview

Interview was warm and relaxing but the interviewers couldn't honestly give many positives in regards to the organisation as they were going through a lot of change. It took about 3 weeks between interviews for any feedback and when I was offered the role I had already accepted another position

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South West England, England (UK)) in January-2014.

Interview

Very poor and unstructured, no communication either before or afterwards. Didn't seem well prepared or relevant to the job advertised. Won't be applying to them or associated companies again.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (London, England (UK)) in February-2016.

Interview

Had an online application and numerical/verbal tests. Were fairly easy except when clicking to the next question it took around 10-30 seconds and this came off my time! Which made it more strenuous. Got through this and then had a telephone interview. Mixed difficulty questions; standard about the company and strengths based. What about learning methods that threw me. Waiting to here whether i have an AC.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Centrica in March-2016.

Interview

Filled the online application and was called for an interview. The woman who called was friendly but didn't say much during my answers. The questions were the HR type about motivation, teamwork, leadership etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time you worked in a team   Answer Question