Canadian Institute for Health Information Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Institute for Health Information Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Institute for Health Information

3.3

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, OH (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, OH (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview was with HR and the hiring manager. It was very smooth, questions were asked regarding my past experiences. Hiring manager asked questions regarding my statistics and writing skills as well as research

Interview Questions

• Give example of situation where I used statistical analysis   Answer Question

Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Ontario, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

phone interview.
    Asked about my portfolio project, why I did it, what difficulty did I encounter. What did I learn?
    They also asked if I am willing to learn new tools. I asked them some job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into this field   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information in December 2017.

Interview

Went smooth. The interviewers are very friendly, and the overall process went well. It was an online interview, and the experience was great. The first stage was online call with from the HR. Got a second call, and was scheduled for an interview. After the 2nd stage, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Got some logical questions, and asked to solve within a certain period of time   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was a panel of three individuals. The direct manager, the director of the program, and another individual involved in the project. Standard situational questions, asking for specific examples of times that I used certain skills. A couple of the skills that they asked me to account for were not mentioned in the job posting.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information.

Interview

There was just one interview - two people interviewed me. Variety of questions about statistical methods (i.e. standardization), epidemiology terms (sensitivity, specificity...) and leadership/situational questions. Asked about past research and work experience. Followed by a short SAS test (multiple choice, identify issues in code).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

One hour interview on standard situational, behavioral, and technical questions, asking for specific examples (e.g., teamwork, writing experience), and one hour on SAS test (e.g. basic coding- finding errors and fixing).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, ON) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was done via skype with the researchers in Ottawa (which was uncomfortable from the start). Received an email and then less than a week later the interview was scheduled. Also had to do a test for SAS (one small aspect of the job posting so I was blindsided by this when I was invited for the interview- Silly because anyone can learn a software). Had to pay for parking at the Toronto office ($20). I did not receive the rejection email for 3-4 weeks.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, ON) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by computer test and in person interview. The computer test is tricky but the in person interview is not difficult. The in person interview consisted of mostly behaviour questions. The process is really slow and it took two months from the day I got a call from them and the day I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation when there's a conflict between you and your coworker   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, ON).

Interview

30 minutes HR interview was followed by one hour long in-person interview with the hiring manager. Resume was reviewed for experience. Offer was made after the salary had been negotiated informally.
    Final negotiated salary was added to the formal offer letter. Interview process was good. I wish I had asked more questions about the working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for what you want.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Institute for Health Information (Toronto, ON) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview comprised of two steps: An assessment test and an in person interview. First you will be invited to CIHI to complete an assessment test based on the job role. My Assessment test was based on Java and J2EE. After the test, depending on whether you pass or fail, you may be invited for an in-person interview with a technical staff and hiring manager.

Salary

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.