CIBC Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at CIBC Mellon

2.3

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, where they asked me the difference between mutual funds and stocks. I then came down to do a skills test, which was very basic math questions. I then had a in person-Interview which went great. It was a typical interview with situational questions. I was late for the interview; however the interviewers were very understanding.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

Through referral, then go through interviews of HR and hiring manager

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially tried to speak with HR, but couldn't find a good time. So, finally met with HR in person (20 minutes) and also the manager and director (20 minutes). Surprisingly, no technical questions, mainly behavioural and accomplishments made in the previous role.

Typical questions like how you see yourself in 5 years, etc, etc.

Overall, the interview was fine except they were like 20 minutes late (manager/director).

Interview Questions

• Behavioural; tell how you improved processes; describe what you did in your previous role;
      Typical questions like how you see yourself in 5 years, etc, etc.

Tell me a time where you had a difficult time with an employee and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2017.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 onsite.

Interviewer and hr completely stopped answering my emails and calls after the last interview. I had spent a month talking back and forth with them.

Very unprofessional HR practice. At least send an automated rejection email.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, teamwork, Net asset value calculation, what is a mutual fund in your own words. Explain to me what is cash accounting and what is accrual accounting .

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. Lots of behavioural and a few easy technical questions. Get familiar with basic accounting knowledge and be ready to walk them through your resume.

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Received a call from HR for telephonic round. I had applied online for this position. HR was very friendly and asked about my previous experience. He scheduled face to face interview on the call. Face to face round was with two managers and that was for an hour. They asked about my previous profile, overall experience, about RRSP, TFSA etc. It took a month for me to receive an offer from cibc mellon.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

There were two rounds for me, first round with HR second round with the team lead. Be prepared for definitions like "NAV", what does fund accounting do in general. No hard or tricky questions overall, it took almost an hour in total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

Referred by a networking event. Interviews were held on site during the networking event. There were 2 interviewers. It seems like they have never read your resume before, ask a lot of questions while they were reading the resume. The interview was around 15-20 minutes long because there are a lot of interviewees.

Interview Questions

• If there are multiple tasks due today, let's say 6 p.m. and you don't really have enough time. How will you handle this situation?/What are you going to do next?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

HR contacts you for a short phone interview. Usually it is to discuss about the opportunity and what it entails. HR is quite nice over the phone but curt. Then there is one in person interview with senior managers who ask fairly simple questions like "how do you deal with the same type of work every day" and "how do you deal with conflicts"

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.