CAMH Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CAMH Interview Questions

Interviews at CAMH

2.9

CSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

With one Human Resources and one or two of the hiring managers. Save the job posting because I was called for the interview about 6 months after applying by email in 2011.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Interview offered 3 weeks after initial application. Panel interview with Manager, Lead Scientist and Research Coordinator. Skills test after interview, assessing a sample qualitative interview and scoring using standardized methods.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience and qualifications make you the ideal candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

it was apart of my practicum program at my university. Everyone got a practicum placement. Met with the supervisor I matched up with and conducted an interview. We met in his office and it lasted for an hour.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Went through HR, got an email back after a month or so. Position was pretty demanding in terms of specific experiences with x population, I had little to no experience with the population so I found the interview difficult. The emphasis was on questions getting at past experience with the tasks you'll be expected to do, as per the postings. Interview format is rigid, and interviewers have a rubric attached to the sheet they'll be evaluating you with. I have prior experience with camh and found my prior interviews to be pleasant, but the group I interviewed with were antagonistic and downright unprofessional--two of the three panel members looked to each other mid-response to make snide eye contact and smile. Other than that, interview was fine and they asked fair questions as per the posting, so no real curve balls so to speak of.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a few days later via email to set up an interview for the following week. Was told the interview would be a panel of three people, only two actually interviewed me. I had memorized facts about CAMH but was never asked what I knew about the company. The two interviewers went back and forth asking questions, about 8 in total. The questions are long multipart questions I have never encountered before, so be prepared for that.
    I was told I'd hear back by HR no matter what. It's been almost two weeks with no contact, so that was unprofessional. Especially considering I had commuted one hour each way for this interview.

Interview Questions

• What community resources do you know of in Toronto?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there was an issue with a client due to diversity?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

straight forward - behavioural questions with a panel of interviewers
    started with tell us about yourself and your past research experience
    they discussed the role and responsibilities of the position prior to asking me questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

Application was submitted online through the CAMH website. After screening via key word search the application was scored. This was followed by a single panel interview. Questions were primarily scenario based.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle employees in a unionized environment?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

Two step process - quick phone screen followed by on site interview.
    CAMH seems to have a policy to contact only successful candidates.
    I never heard anything back following the interview.

Conversations are quite professional, which might make you think that the interviewers lack basic social skills but I think there might be a policy to avoid personal questions during interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in December 2018.

Interview

Was mechanical and uninterested in what I could bring to the project. I was unable to express who I was and truly understand the project. I was taken aback by the differences in how they interacted with me vs. the others who came in to interview. I was uncomfortable with the lack of discipline with time, location, and responses.

Interview Questions

• Followed HR protocol: What can you do if there is an non-compliant participant?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed 1-2 weeks later with a date to attend a two person panel interview. They alternated asking around 10 to 12 questions and wrote my answers down on a marking sheet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.