CAMH Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CAMH Interview Questions

Interviews at CAMH

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in September 2009.

Interview

The initial contact, interview, and hiring process took 6 weeks. Interviews are via panel - usually with 2 to 3 people: HR representative, the program manager, and a clinical executive. Each interview questioned is weighed and scored. Expect about 10 questions, usually there is one on Diversity and what it means to you; one on your time management skills; one question on how you prioritize work. Be prepared to answer scenario questions, i.e. "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions such as, "what would you do if a Manager comes to you with a project, then the Admin Director comes to you with another task, and then a client asks you to do something for them. Which one would your prioritize and why...?"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

First I recieved a call requesting a phone intervoew, which lasted about 20 minutes. A week I recieved a call inviting me to a 3-4 person Panel interview. Please note CAMH usues a scoring systsem (10 questions) - the successful candidate has to score the highest.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace?   1 Answer

Human Resources Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH.

Interview

Applied online and received the interview in 2 weeks. It was a panel interview, with two interviewers, asking several behavioural questions. At the beginning of the interview, they will simply introduce the company and the job position. During the interview, they would keep writing notes so there would not have more eye contact.

Interview Questions

• structured behaviour questions
      some questions are relevant to customer service area.   Answer Question

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in January 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume and cover letter to HR email, but addressed cover letter to manager of department I was applying to. They are the ones who will be making the final decisions. Called in for an interview several weeks later and was not given much notice. I was Interviewed by the Department manager and an HR staff member. They took turns asking me to answer questions and wrote down notes while I spoke. There are 10 questions, they will be about topics covered in the job posting. They will usually also ask you about what diversity means to you as diversity is an important part of CAMH's corporate structure. This portion of the interview took half an hour and for the second potion of my interview I had to perform and excel test because it was relevant to my job. I was given half an hour for this portion as well. Make sure you log in and and open excel before they start the timer as it can take some time for the computer to boot up. Was called about a week and a half later to be informed that they would be checking my references and if those checked out I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a hostile mentally unstable patient in my office. I am not clinical staff so I did not have any idea how to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just happy to be given the job so I just signed all the papers there were. Also most positions are unionised to the pay is regulated by the union.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was impersonal, asking questions and writing them down while making limited eye contact and not asking personal questions. They also changed the position from casual to full-time and told me at the interview. I emailed the interviewer to thank her for her time and requested feedback from how the interview went and received no response.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways in the past that you have gotten into conflict with your coworkers and worked through the solution? What did you learn from this?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

Two step process - quick phone screen followed by on site interview.
    CAMH seems to have a policy to contact only successful candidates.
    I never heard anything back following the interview.

Conversations are quite professional, which might make you think that the interviewers lack basic social skills but I think there might be a policy to avoid personal questions during interviewing process.

Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CAMH (Hamilton, ON) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard panel interview. We laughed an awful lot together because we clicked. There were 3 people...manager, matrix manager, and a future colleague. Spent about 90 minutes together because of the laughing...questions were pretty standard. Make sure you know about the CAMH values, strat plan and mental health plans for camh as well as Ontario.

Interview Questions

• What I know about diversity. What approach to evaluation do I use.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard two-phase interview, one with the team and one with HR. No surprises or curve ball questions, which were a mix of standardized questions and personalized based on my resume. Team was very cordial and friendly, as was the HR rep. Scheduling was quick and so were responses. I received an offer however declined because of the low salary, which was not negotiable. This part was surprising: I had been clear from the start (in my online application and first interview) about my salary expectations and what they offered was well below them. I wondered how I had made it through the initial application screening because of this! The job was appealing but the salary was just too low.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH (Toronto, ON) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I applied online and CAMH reached out to me via email in order to schedule a formal interview. There aren't really any surprises throughout the entire process. My only critique would be that it moved a little bit slowly for my tastes but I was eager for work at the time and perhaps even a little bit impatient. If you have some free time available I would suggest volunteering in a work setting that involves interacting with the mentally ill, as CAMH seems to really like this on a resume

Interview Questions

• The interview process was fairly standard. We had a brief introduction of what CAMH did, stood for, etc. Then I was asked some typical behavioral questions (how would you respond to a stressful situation, name a time you showed leadership, etc)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAMH in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview and Panel Interview. After two weeks after submitting my application I received a phone call for fixing interview time, then I received a confirmation email with necessary information. I called them as scheduled and it takes half an hour. I had problem with hearing their voice, but I did my best to answer all questions. I received an email after 3 days and I have been informed that I did not get the job. I do not know the whole process or next steps. It was my first experience for an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.