Blizzard Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 410 of over 410 interviews

Recruiter12%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

Some basic introductory stuff like what the team is working on etc. Majority of time spent is on assessment of skill. Generic trivia technical questions, especially those pertaining to web development. Then two coding exercises.

Interview Questions
  • How would you display code on a webpage?
    1 Answer

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

Interview online, the first round is HR screening, and second round is a technical interview. the process is fairly long overall, but everyone is nice to communicate with. Overall is good

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Pretty straight forward, asked very basic questions and mostly poked to see if it was a good fit moving forward with a higher up job interview. They picked the other candidate who apparently interviewed for a previous role, so I guess talking to me was just their due diligence, which felt pretty bad.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process was really great. Everyone I spoke with was professional, really smart, easy-going and well-prepared. It didn't feel like an interrogation like a lot of interviews, rather like a conversation between colleagues. I felt like I had a great idea of the culture of my team and the company more broadly at the end of my interview process (1 phone screen, 1 interview with the hiring manager, and one 3-hour block where I spoke to my different stakeholders and cross-functional teammates).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

This was by far the best interview experience I have had. I worked with a recruiter. They consistently kept me up to date and ensured that my anxiety was as low as possible. The team was efficient and flexible. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Interview Questions
  • It's standard to complete design tests. However, I would say their design test was more challenging than others that I have done. After completing the test, expect to go over the test with the team. They'll challenge your ideas and ask you to elaborate and build on your answers.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Overall, I think it was a great interview process with genuine people. Started off with an HR call to determine culture fit and for a preliminary screening of tech skills. It appears that this screening actually does play a role in that the recruiters take back notes to the hiring manager to filter out. There was a hiring manager round and then the final onsite panel. Manager Interview - Basic technical questions around Java / OOP, proceeded to ask a leetcode easy question. Onsite (Half Day interview) - Round 1: Interview with a Senior Engineer, asked an api design interview question. Proceeded to ask about deployment strategies. - Round 2: Coding question for backend. - Round 3: Met with technical product managers for culture fit interview. - Round 4: Hiring Manager interview again. Seemed like a thorough process that was both technical and very casual. Blizzard as a whole may be coming into a more corporate vibe, but the people are amazing and very smart. The magic still shows there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Bothell, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Painless and not made unnecessarily complicated! One on one with hiring manager One on three with the hiring manager and a couple of other leaders One on two over the course of a few panels All on separate days and conveniently scheduled for my time.

Interview Questions
  • Standard fair "tell me about a time when..." that covered a variety of topics: interpersonal conflict, time management, management strategies, database experiences, process creation/maintenance, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

Interview

I went through a 2 round interview process both on zoom and with cameras on. The first was a one on one, and the second was more of a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself Q: What you like most about working with people and what kind of people do you not like working with? Q: Describe you background experience Q: What interested you in this position?

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Jun 2021

Interview

Interview was a zoom meeting with two interviewers asking video game related questions. The interview was friendly and felt like a technical conversation between fellow video game geeks. When I was confused by a question the interviewer was quick to rephrase the question to make it easier to understand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

This was a 30 minute phone call for initial interview with recruiter. They were looking to see if my skillset matched their needs. From here they said they would go over the results with the hiring manager to determine next steps.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about past employment duties and responsibilities.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 410 Interviews