Blackbaud Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 384 of over 384 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Blackbaud

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview

Be prepared for a one way interview and a presentation on a software that is assigned to you. This interview process was really fun to me, maybe because I knew it was a great fit for my skillset. Blackbaud also has really awesome recruiters!

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle technical issues? What are things you wish you could have done with more time on your presentation? Tell me about yourself?
    Answer Question

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview

It started with a short phone screener, which then lead to a performance task. The performance task was fairly easy, you just had to respond to a few different scenarios and explain how you would handle them. After the performance task, I had two more interviews with higher ups. These interviews were pleasant and everyone was really nice. I was given a date to expect an answer and I didn't hear anything, I finally reached out just to be told that I didn't get the job, which is fine, but it would have been nice to have been told as soon as they knew it wasn't me. Overall, everyone was professional and kind though.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions. We talked about organization, what the role entails, etc.

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview

Take home assignment followed by a technical interview that consisted of data analysis and related machine learning concepts discussions and data structures and algorithms stuff followed by the HR interview wh

Interview Questions
  • They asked about analysis of textual data within xlsx file and extraction of reviews based on emotion

Blackbaud

Application

I interviewed at Blackbaud

Interview

Definitely a marathon of interviews with a number of different members from the team. There is no follow up afterwards. Everyone seemed to just go ghost. A rejection email is not given

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in Jul 2022

Interview

The process itself was relatively easy. Hiring manager first, then panel interviews with several other members of the org. Those were pleasant and the people were kind. The recruiter was really non-responsive. I sent thank you notes through and never got any indication that my interviewers received them, nor any guidance on sending them myself. I never got follow-ups to any of my questions. Next steps had to be prodded by me. After the final interview, I waited nearly a week with nothing. I finally pinged the recruiter and, instead of this person reaching out to me like a human who had given my own time to go through this process, they sent a generic rejection email that they would've given to someone who'd just applied. No feedback, no real thank you. It's not hard to treat people kindly.

Interview Questions
  • Problem-solving, tech stack, large completed projects, work style, etc.
2 people found this interview helpful

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud in Jul 2022

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The recruiter asked me to reply with my answers to the following questions: - Tell me about your background and experience related to this role (total years of experience and related experience to this role) - Tell me what you're looking for in a new role, why Blackbaud, etc. - What is your availability to start? - What is your desired salary range for this role? I thought the request was weird but did it anyway only to have him completely ghost me! Extremely unprofessional. I think I dodged a bullet. Watch out.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about your background and experience related to this role (total years of experience and related experience to this role) - Tell me what you're looking for in a new role, why Blackbaud, etc. - What is your availability to start? - What is your desired salary range for this role?

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in Jun 2022

Interview

I applied through their website and received a request for an HR Phone Screen about 5 days later. I then had a video interview with the Hiring Manager about 5 days after that. I received an email "thanks but no thanks" about 5 days later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blackbaud

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in May 2022

Interview

I went through 4 steps of the interview process before being declined. The initial recorded responses were surprisingly less intimidating that I initially feared. In the following part of the process, I was asked to write a response of next steps to a scenario put forth by the hiring team and submit within 24 hours. After that, I was invited to an interview with team members. The interviewees were kind and seemed to really enjoy the work they do with Blackbaud. I will say, I felt like the next steps were partly dependent on my email follow-up with the recruiter which seemed a bit strange and could potentially limit the company's hiring pool. Ultimately, I was not given an offer because the hiring manager felt that I did not meet the qualifications for the position. Since each of the steps following the initial application focused on situational based questions, I would have preferred for the hiring manager to have simply shared that information prior to advancing me to the assignment step in the interview process. It felt a bit out of place to share after weeks of next steps and time spent throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume and describe each transition in work experience. Tell me about a time when you dropped the ball. Tell me about a time when you worked through a disagreement with the customer and describe the outcome.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (New Delhi) in May 2022

Interview

I applied online and the process took less than 2 weeks. I was contacted a few days later to set up an initial 45 minutes interview with a UX manager. It was very casual and informal and utilized as a method to get to know one another. After a day or two, my recruiter let me know I advanced to the virtual onsite interview. It consisted of three 45 minute interviews: 2 behavioral and a design challenge. Everybody was friendly and the interviews felt conversational. The process was very well organized and both of my recruiters, Michele and Lexy, were courteous and professional. They promptly answered all my questions throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it? What are your career goals? Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Boston, MA) in May 2022

Interview

Very strange process. I was hired, but didn't talk to a single employee. Everything was done on Skype chat, with somewhat robotic questions and answers. I was unable to find out anything about health benefits, training,etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (New York, NY) in May 2022

Interview

I applied via the company job portal with an internal referral. The process overall was 2 months long consisting of 2 self-directed video interviews (both of which asked identical questions), 1 video interview with the hiring manager and 1 interview with 2 of the project/program managers on the team. What struck me as totally unprofessional was the fact that I had to wait a greater part of a month just to schedule an interview with the hiring manager as she was clearly too busy with her own time to be available to interview. Further, I had to send inquiries to the recruiter after each stage in the process as the follow up from him was near non-existent. Lastly, during the video interview with the project managers on the team, one of the team interviewers lost focus of me and began looking at his other screens during the interview. After almost 3 weeks, I finally had to reach out to the recruiter to inquire what the decision was. The recruiter hesitated to provide information for a week before finally telling me that I didn't receive the position and the reasons given were highly questionable. Clearly there was politics and a complete lack of respect for my time via this process as a candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Interviews