Base2 Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Base2 Solutions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (New York, NY)

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter Hour long phone screening. The recruiter has a good understanding of the position. More than the typical surface level information that's listed in the job posting. Additionally, there's the usual discussion to make sure you're a good fit for the company and a consulting position. 2. On-site interviews 4-5 interviews, average of 45 min. each. Mostly with other systems engineers, director of systems engineering, and a follow up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would go from business/user need to concept to design. What engineering tools would you use?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, then a coding problem, then a phone screen with a dev lead and then an on site interview. I met with 6 employees who were either Developers or QA professionals. We did some white board coding and process questions. They were very concerned about fit, communication skills and development process. They were less concerned about specific languages. The were very concerned about quality. They were extremely professional and the process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about handling ambiguity in a consulting process.

Base2 Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions

Interview

Application online and received an email asking to confirm one of several times for an initial phone screen. I confirmed the same day and when that time passed and I followed up tactfully, I got a cold your email was missed without an apology. Maintaining a positive attitude, I rearranged my schedule for an additional date and time and that was honored, however I was asked of a skill that was not listed in the job description. When I said I did not have that skill, I received a response that another person at the company needs someone with this skill, with a tone like I was wasting time. After the interview, I went back to the job description and it still didn't have that skill listed as a requirement or even a preferred. I never heard from anyone at the company again. Every couple of months it seems the same position is advertised with that same "required skill" not listed. I felt like I wasted my time with an opening that I was destined to fail from the beginning as if I wasn't wanted to apply there so a missed appointment, a cold "missed email", then asked for a skill not posted on the ad.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked a question about a skill that was not listed on the job advertisement.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Apr 2016

Interview

I have had several interviews with other companies but it was the best experience I ever had. The recruiting team accommodated with my schedule very nicely. All the interviewers (phone and in-person) were very friendly and encouraging and they did not hesitate to guide me to get me back on track when I struggled. The overall process was very pleasant and I was able to learn a lot about the company and position.

Interview Questions
  • Given some situations, how would you come up with a test plan?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Apr 2016

Interview

Initial phone screen was with a female in HR who talked about what a great company it is. The second phone interview was with a male with multiple job titles/duties. If you are female no matter how much Scrum and Aerospace experience you have, you will not go through to the in-person interview. Suggestion: have more than one male interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied online. Recruiting contacted me within a couple of days to set up a discussion about the company and the position. This was followed a few days later with a 30-minute phone screen with the dev team lead. These questions were about what I was working on. Just trying to determine my experience level and if I was able to describe what I do clearly and concisely, a communication skills check. I was brought in for an on-site interview the following week. They paid for parking in an adjacent building. There were 3 sessions. One with QA. One with a director. One with pair of devs. This took about 2-3 hours total. The interviews were a nice mix of conversational and technical questions. No pressure tactics or brain teasers. I received an offer the following morning, contingent on references and a background check. The entire process took less than 2 weeks and the recruiting team was both prompt and very organized.

Interview Questions
  • * Describe what you are working on in your current job. * Describe a time you had a bug in production and how you handled it. * Draw an architecture diagram of a system you have worked on and explain how it works and why it was built that way. * Determine if a Linked List has a branch. * Determine if a Linked List has a cycle. * Various questions about common Linux commands.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Dec 2015

Interview

An industry friend of mine introduced me to the leadership at Base2. They had worked together in the past and had excellent things to say. I had a conversational interview with about six associates, all from various parts of the business. Very respectful and welcoming team. All made a conscious effort to describe their role, the culture at Base2, and how my role would fit in. Everything about the process was excellent, and very refreshing compared to some others I've participated in.

Interview Questions
  • Good mix of conversation to establish technical and subject matter acumen. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions and fully understand what I was getting into.

Base2 Solutions

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions in Nov 2015

Interview

(+) All rounds of my interview had felt like pleasant conversations, rather than interrogations or elimination rounds (+) Work Life Balance is encouraged: Even prior to giving offer, during interview Hiring Manager gave okay to WFH, if my kids ever need me. Those are were the most comforting words to hear in an interview. As I later learnt in the orientation, that was in conformance to Base2's directives of 'Family comes First' (+) HR and Hiring Manager, were spontaneous in communicating results. After each round, I received a response in less than 48 hours. It was consistently faster than I was communicated.

Interview Questions
  • Qs were around my experience and how I could bring that to this unique position I was being hired for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015

Interview

The interview process was worst that I have been through. I applied online, passed a phone screen, and went through an on site interview. A day after the interview, the recruiter called me and said that I got the job but I had to wait 3-5 weeks for the position to open. Yesterday, I received an email stating the job had gone to a previous employee. Essentially a bait and switch of the position, I sill can't believe it.

Interview Questions
  • An straightforward programming question and a testing question.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Base2 Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in Mar 2015

Interview

I was referred to Base2 through a friend and then applied online after speaking with a few employees at the company and learning more about what they do. The interview process took about a month and consisted of multiple phone interviews and a final on-site half day interview. Throughout the process Base2 was very professional. They wanted to take into consideration other opportunities I had at the time which I thought was both a courteous yet humble, and impressive approach. I felt they maintained a very honest and sincere attitude each time I spoke with someone from the company. They weren't trying to play any games, it was just honest interviewing. They were interested in seeing both if I was a good fit for Base2 and if they were a good fit for me. While I was interviewed on-site, I felt very welcome and comfortable throughout the whole process. They continued to be very authentic in their approach. Each person who interviewed me was professional and thoughtful. They seemed like they were just trying to get to know me on a more personal level, but still posed interesting and challenging scenarios as interview questions. I left the interview thinking, "I could definitely see myself working here." I was offered a position the next day and accepted shortly afterwards. I think the most appealing thing about the whole process was how honest and genuine everyone was. I could really tell it was something everyone believed in, and not just a collection of buzzwords on the "About us" company culture page. I think it's this authenticity that makes Base2 unique and a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • They didn't ask too many technical questions but were more concerned with how I could analyze a situation and go about solving the problem.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews